• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.
My heart goes out to the people with family, friends and co-workers celebrating. Hopefully for some, there will be a snap back to reality when the GOPs upcoming policies fuck up their lives and promises made continue to go unanswered.

zeemumu

My heart goes out to the people with family, friends and co-workers celebrating. Hopefully for some, there will be a snap back to reality when the GOPs upcoming policies fuck up their lives and promises made continue to go unanswered.

I haven't met anyone celebrating. The general attitude over here ranges between

"well, sucks but there's nothing you can do until the next election"

and

YcAQlkx.gif

Malyse

Is it the flu or a virus?

It's probably pneumonia or bronchitis, but I'm going to tough it out with lots of liquids and sinus tablets and sleep. Doctors are expensive. Especially when you freelance and don't have one of those nice work health care plans.
You know you gotta keep feeding that cold though, keep the body strong. Feel better.

Today was the first time I ate all week. I can never remember if it's feed a fever starve a cold or starve a fever feed a cold. Not that it matters. I just stayed in bed and drank like 20 gatorades to replace all the fluid i sweated out.

Tried Amazon Prime Now for the first time today. Really quick, got my order in under an hour after I placed it and being able to track where's the driver is neat. I forgot about the prime coupon so I ended up spending $10 more than what I should have.

LionPride

Banned
Fight him

I'm not sure if I could resist the urge to swipe that hat and burn it.
Like, he told a girl that if she didn't like our school to leave after a small BLM protest happened. He's a dick. He also stared at me yesterday and I have no idea why...

It's probably pneumonia or bronchitis, but I'm going to tough it out with lots of liquids and sinus tablets and sleep. Doctors are expensive. Especially when you freelance and don't have one of those nice work health care plans.

Today was the first time I ate all week. I can never remember if it's feed a fever starve a cold or starve a fever feed a cold. Not that it matters. I just stayed in bed and drank like 20 gatorades to replace all the fluid i sweated out.
Yo, I hope you get better.

Izuna

Banned
I live you BCT

Everyone here is too strong for a tangerine to limit your prosperities.

There's this surreal feeling that past mistakes don't matter anymore, because it's not as bad as the decision America has.

I almost thought I wouldn't witness stupidity in my life time. That I was born in a world that made more sense then it did in the history books...

But you know what? There's still enough good shit to focus on. Play those dope games, follow those dreams of yours, and most importantly, don't give up.

I realise how easy af this is for me to say, but don't give Trump's BS this Friday night. This ain't Trump day, it's YOU day.

D i Z

DJ Ravi drums can't stop making himself look stupid.

You don't tough out Pnemonia.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I live you BCT

There's this surreal feeling that past mistakes don't matter anymore, because it's not as bad as the decision America has.

I almost thought I wouldn't witness stupidity in my life time. That I was born in a world that made more sense then it did in the history books...

But you know what? There's still enough good shit to focus on. Play those dope games, follow those dreams of yours, and most importantly, don't give up.

I realise how easy af this is for me to say, but don't give Trump's BS this Friday night. This ain't Trump day, it's YOU day.

Exactly. It's Friday. I am going home from work early, sip some Texas-made Vodka and chill. Keeping my eyes open for the fuckery, but not going to let that shit consume me.

I live you BCT

You right, you right. Gonna pick up a plate from Cookout, pick up a game or two from my local mom and pop game store, a 12 pack can of minute maid fruit punch and I'm gonna enjoy myself.

D i Z

OR you guys could take an evening off from burying your heads to learn about the changes that are about to happen in your districts, and figure out who to contact for information.

You could do That, I guess.

----

I had no idea that there is a Taken tv show.

andthebeatgoeson

Deleted someone who threw a fit because protestors forced her kids school to cancel a field trip to Philly. Like, if that's your tipping point, where your kid's field trip is enough for you to flip your shit when people are dying, women are constantly under attack, i don't need your bullshit in my life.

Keep protesting. If they don't agree with the point, it's better to know where they stand. The kid will get over it. It's a field trip. You would have expected someone to have been slapped or assaulted.

White fragility, brehs.

Deleted someone who threw a fit because protestors forced her kids school to cancel a field trip to Philly. Like, if that's your tipping point, where your kid's field trip is enough for you to flip your shit when people are dying, women are constantly under attack, i don't need your bullshit in my life.

Keep protesting. If they don't agree with the point, it's better to know where they stand. The kid will get over it. It's a field trip. You would have expected someone to have been slapped or assaulted.

White fragility, brehs.

Really, over a field trip? When some serious shit might be going down soon. And then the field trip will be the least of her worries.

Watching protest coverage.

Never understood why people damage property, or why these people aren't closer to the parade.

Edit - oh lord they flashed the crowd waiting for the parade. No thanks.

Really, over a field trip? When some serious shit might be going down soon. And then the field trip will be the least of her worries.

You misunderstand. None of that will effect her bubble. The field trip is her biggest issue.

Smh

D i Z

Katherine Johnson was in the NASA space race episode of Timeless, and in the next ep, they meet with the real Lone Ranger, Bass Reeves.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Us living as we do upside-down
And the new word to have is revolution
People don't even want to hear the preacher spill or spiel
Because God's whole card has been thoroughly piqued
And America is now blood and tears instead of milk and honey
The youngsters who were programmed
To continue fucking up woke up one night
Digging Paul Revere and Nat Turner as the good guys
America stripped for bed and we had not all yet closed our eyes

I'll pray for you.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

Never understood why people damage property, or why these people aren't closer to the parade.

I don't get the whole damaging property, but it's rage for many people and when that hits, it is usually uncontrolled. So while I don't necessarily support it, I understand the feeling behind it.

There is no way in hell the protests are going to get close to the parade route. Unless they are sitting hiding in plain sight.

Dai101

Banned

a) Sometimes is actual anger and frustration accumulated.

b) Usually are just shit bags that don't care about anything the protest is about and just want to loot.

More often than whatnot are provocateurs and paid plants that start the mayhem to discredit what the protest was about and enticing a) and b) to do the same.

I forgot to add. Since media usually just loves to give coverage to the stupidest shit, they just report when theres all of the above forgetting and disminishing what the protest was about and get's forgotten the next day, while the loots and riots will be talked about to the end of times.

Slayven

My man got the girl he was crushing on, and the adventure. Hasn't been lynched once!

I like in the first ep his "friends" only plan was him to piss off the police. And the cop went and got his friend to clock in so they could beat his ass and get paid for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom