• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gat7hoc.png

Has this been posted on r/t_d yet? lol

Beautiful sight ain't it?
I'm stuck at work so it's sucks I can't watch any livestream of it.

Yea, I was downtown earlier today and I saw everyone but I didn't know just how large the march was--I wasn't able to stay too long and I am going to miss out on everything happening now. But damn did I feel so proud and empowered.

FAM

https://www.facebook.com/nbcwashington/videos/10155064889228606/

”A Twitter finger must not become a trigger finger."

OHMYFUCKINGGAWD lol the way she read it there is no way that wasn't inspired by Drake

Slayven

People that say outright that they'd put animals over humans if they had the chance weird me the fuck out. Like okay, I get it, we obviously suck for this planet overall... but what exactly is your endgame here with that train of thought?

I remember an old thread where a dude told Dy he would save his dog before saving himself.

Izuna

Banned
I knew someone who was like that. Cared more about animals than humans. Would post every animal cruelty post known to man and say "fuck humans".

A group of 7 Asian women just walked into the room. I have seen Slayven's version of paradise.

If anyone was interested, only one man with with them.

Sch1sm

A group of 7 Asian women just walked into the room. I have seen Slayven's version of paradise.

If anyone was interested, only one man with with them.

Maybe he's dating all of them and Slay has no chance.

Maybe he's dating none of them and Slay still has no chance. 😂

LionPride

Banned
I'm sure the protest crowd is much larger than those that came out for the inauguration yesterday

The AP estimate for the DC Women's March is 500,000. The estimate for Trump's inauguration is 250,000.

For even more perspective, President Obama's 2008 inauguration was 1.2 million, his 2012 inauguration was 1 million.

In other words, Trump's people voted for him, but didn't want to deal with the backlash of actually showing up for the party.

Nepenthe

How's it going today, Black Gaf?

I'm currently feeling inspired and moved to action in light of the badass Women's Marches going on now. I'm an animal artist first and foremost, and I want my craft to do some good for once. I'm planning on creating at least one art print whose proceeds after printing and other operation costs will go entirely to the NAACP.

Issue is, I'm not sure what animal to use for it. The black panther was my initial go-to, but I worry that's a bit too stereotypical and on the nose. Any alternate ideas?

EDIT: Just as I post this, I'm thinking strongly about the lion instead. Hmm.

D i Z

Standing Rock is going to fall. The violence has already picked up where they left off. Cat's that went out there should have stayed and called in all of their squads until the job was done.

Izuna

Banned
Actually, more of a melanin allergy

tumblr_ncu2edqgWe1s3gugyo2_r1_400.gif

--

I think Kelly Rowland can cure that

~~

The first thing an Asian girl* asks after I tell them the nationality of my ex is, "Oh, you like Asian girls don't you?" -- one time a girl I liked, who was interested in me too asked that... it turns out she was asking sincerely.

Basically, I shut her down trying not to sound like a Slayven.

White people and this we shit when it comes to stopping Trump annoys the fuck out of me.

Like, everyone else did their jobs. It's yall that didn't. Aint no we. Yall need to go talk to your relatives.

Shoutout to the folks that marched in downtown Pensacola in spite of tornado watches, severe thunderstorm warnings and flood warnings. I had no idea a women's march was going on so close to me, but a promoted tweet showed where they were going on throughout the states so I checked and sure enough there was. It was mostly just heavy rain and thunder, but there was a cell that rolled through my neighborhood that actually looked bad even by Florida standards. Downtown Pensacola is, like, right on the water, too.

I would have gone if I had done research if I could walk, or even drive for that matter. I don't think I posted about it here but I broke my leg in late November so I've been pretty limited for the past few weeks. I'm expecting to start weight-bearing on the 31st.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom