• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.
You say this but how am I expected to enter the IT Field with no formal education to back me up?

Spoiler alert: There are better and more relevant certs than the A+ that aren't complete wastes of time.

Get a Linux+, Network+, and if you're feeling randy, a Security+. You can easily get a Jr Linux Sysadmin job with those that will pay twice as good as whatever helldesk job you were looking at, and this way you won't have to spend 2-3 years resetting passwords for idiots and getting goofy ass Microsoft certs.

Really? I could have gotten one for free if certain things bounced my way or if I knew I was gonna drop a class.

A+ cert isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

I've straight up not hired people who only had an A+ by virtue of I rather hire a blank slate than a person who knows less than nothing but thinks they know something because of that cert.

Imm0rt4l

Which one of y'all showed up to the women's match with this

C2s1O7MW8AARpTQ.jpg

Looking at all the white women like
Ok2mCJ8.png
1kFxn49.jpg

They really ain't here for white feminism™

akira28

They really ain't here for white feminism™

someone who is literally lost in the vibrational field is going to read that and think "that's so racist".

re: people with too, too much free time, privilege, and love for animals...people some people have just...
I feel mind crushed right now.

I thought people were joking about that "white people are TOO close to animals" shit but..... The internet is a wild ass place and google will show you real quick lol

As disgusting as that is, sorry..your link isn't an exclusively white thing. Furthermore, neither is loving animals/pets. Look, I've got two dogs. They're dogs. Will remain dogs. Will only ever be called dogs. By me, I mean..that's just how I am.

My father was a farmer. I can tell you with no issue that he loved every one of his animals..likely to a degree you'd disagree with. He hated seeing one in pain. He'd RAGE if one were abused. Again, a man who would slit a goat's throat so we could eat the bitch would go ape shit if you threw so much as a pebble at her the minute before.

That's not new to me. Some folks are just like that. I got family that can choke on steak that I wouldn't shed a tear for in comparison to some friends. People look at their pets as friends..family even. We live in a world where fools feed feral cats like them fuckers can't feed themselves..how do you think they'd react to a dead lion?

We got folks ignoring that we chose who to speak to or acknowledge certain people, and forget that some human beings connect/love animals, wild or otherwise, the same way.

I, personally, ain't gonna make a fuss about that shit..we got a nigga in here defending Gotham..where's the outrage? 😏

Imm0rt4l

someone who is literally lost in the vibrational field is going to read that and think "that's so racist".
Yeah, white fragility trumps introspection the majority of the time. Hopefully some people come away from this with a more intersections view of feminism.

As disgusting as that is, sorry..your link isn't an exclusively white thing. Furthermore, neither is loving animals/pets. Look, I've got two dogs. They're dogs. Will remain dogs. Will only ever be called dogs. By me, I mean..that's just how I am.

My father was a farmer. I can tell you with no issue that he loved every one of his animals..likely to a degree you'd disagree with. He hated seeing one in pain. He'd RAGE if one were abused. Again, a man who would slit a goat's throat so we could eat the bitch would go ape shit if you threw so much as a pebble at her the minute before.

That's not new to me. Some folks are just like that. I got family that can choke on steak that I wouldn't shed a tear for in comparison to some friends. People look at their pets as friends..family even. We live in a world where fools feed feral cats like them fuckers can't feed themselves..how do you think they'd react to a dead lion?

We got folks ignoring that we chose who to speak to or acknowledge certain people, and forget that some human beings connect/love animals, wild or otherwise, the same way.

I, personally, ain't gonna make a fuss about that shit..we got a nigga in here defending Gotham..where's the outrage? 😏

Thats true

That said anti-human philosophy in general weirds me out. To be invested in whatever abnormal form of love is fine but humans are so connected. Even from a selfish perspective trade, culture, harmony are all things we benefit from, allowing whomever to kiss their dog or kiss their video game girlfriend in peace. We do experience that ambivalent concern with most humans regardless of our personal goals, but at the very least that ambivalence shouldn't threaten/make light of progress. The opposite is true in this case; indirect animal cruelty isn't cool, and I say that as someone who has had no emotional bonds with animals

Zekes!

Which one of y'all showed up to the women's match with this

C2s1O7MW8AARpTQ.jpg

Looking at all the white women like
Ok2mCJ8.png

I mentioned this photo to my mom (who's White) as we were talking about the marches, and tried to talk to her about the issue with White feminism and she just couldn't understand it. She grew up with a Black foster family during part of her teenage years (who remain a major part of my family) and was always surrounded by Black people but she can be fairly ignorant and naive to the racial component of these kinds of issues due to her optimistic personality. She used to be on the whole "I don't see colour" tip until I challenged her on it when I was older.

My girlfriend (who's Chinese Canadian) can also lack this understanding. During the height of the BLM protests and media scrutiny she remarked that Asian people "didn't even have a movement" when we were talking about racism and BLM. I told her that Asian people needed to out there making their own movements then, and that was the end of that.

shingi70

Banned
Man that press briefing is so holy shit crazy. Dude sounds like a middle schooler.

I can't wait for the summer to come, so I can reenroll for college classes.

Thats true

That said anti-human philosophy in general weirds me out. To be invested in whatever abnormal form of love is fine but humans are so connected. Even from a selfish perspective trade, culture, harmony are all things we benefit from, allowing whomever to kiss their dog or kiss their video game girlfriend in peace. We do experience that ambivalent concern with most humans regardless of our personal goals, but at the very least that ambivalence shouldn't threaten/make light of progress. The opposite is true in this case; indirect animal cruelty isn't cool, and I say that as someone who has had no emotional bonds with animals

Sorry for skipping earlier, was waking the pups. As for the anti-human thing, sure..it's no doubt a head scratcher. Again, I'm not that dude, and tend to be bewildered at the sentiment. At the same time, I "slightly" get where it comes from..but have a different angle when approaching it.

WE ARE ANIMALS. I know folks don't wanna hear it, or entertain that fact, but it remains a fact. We, also, just happen to be the most destructive species of animal on this blue marble..nothing remotely comes close. That alone tends to bring this kind of skewed empathy for creatures who, in the end, kind of wander aimlessly to just eat, fuck, sleep, and die.

It sounds VERY familiar, but we, as humans, have logic..advanced brains. We aren't chimps. We aren't dogs. We aren't lions..even if we DO display characteristics resembling these creatures. End of the day, they bend to our will. We stick them in kennels..zoos. We decided which to preserve. As a human trait, we decide what's best for them.

That shit can go right or wrong. Some folks, NOT A MAJORITY, take issue with such notions. I don't fully agree with that philosophy, but I can "slightly" see where they're coming from. Again, there's a large swath of human beings I regularly avoid..is there something instantly wrong with that? Shouldn't I care for their well-being because we share the same traits? Are the same species?

I say fuck that. Am I putting either of these bitches here before my wife and daughter? LMAO Fuck outta here..but, there are some blood relatives I'd gladly watch burn like kindling for them..all I'm saying..

I'm not that new. I just never came for your throat before
or your soft ass hands

post-18879-Jon-Hamm-Yeah-Ok-gif-1dnC.gif

I'll catch you at tomorrow's liveblog, champ..

Nigga I did see you have been on a tantrum this evening. Don't get your seasoning thrown at you!

lol..For real?! I thought we knew each other enough that jokes is jokes. When candy becomes serious business..😐

Come take them frustrations out online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom