• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

I mentioned this photo to my mom (who's White) as we were talking about the marches, and tried to talk to her about the issue with White feminism and she just couldn't understand it. She grew up with a Black foster family during part of her teenage years (who remain a major part of my family) and was always surrounded by Black people but she can be fairly ignorant and naive to the racial component of these kinds of issues due to her optimistic personality. She used to be on the whole "I don't see colour" tip until I challenged her on it when I was older.

My girlfriend (who's Chinese Canadian) can also lack this understanding. During the height of the BLM protests and media scrutiny she remarked that Asian people "didn't even have a movement" when we were talking about racism and BLM. I told her that Asian people needed to out there making their own movements then, and that was the end of that.

She got a sister or a single mom or aunts?

Shy

Hs4AqoS.gif

post-18879-Jon-Hamm-Yeah-Ok-gif-1dnC.gif

I'll catch you at tomorrow's liveblog, champ..

lol..For real?! I thought we knew each other enough that jokes is jokes. When candy becomes serious business..😐

Come take them frustrations out online.

That was a joke? Was that too much?! Shit I'll dial it back. I don't even know how to treat my friends. I'm putting this MG 20/20 down.

Ya'll being a bunch of clowns right now.

What's up everyone? Having a bit of a somber day at the household, my uncle died the night of the inauguration. Organs failed on him, he got weak....just damn.

Zekes!

She got a sister or a single mom or aunts?

Next time I'm in Vancouver I'll put up some flyers with your contact info on it

What's up everyone? Having a bit of a somber day at the household, my uncle died the night of the inauguration. Organs failed on him, he got weak....just damn.

Shit, I'm sorry to here that fam. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts. It's a tough time out there already

Next time I'm in Vancouver I'll put up some flyers with your contact info on it

Shit, I'm sorry to here that fam. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts. It's a tough time out there already

Thanks, appreciate it friend.

Ain't ever done it because I had..can't say I'd argue much. Now, how you find a proper tea in a dumpster is another story all together lol..

Ain't you buying the WiiUToo for Bomberman?

fifth-element-chris-tucker-bzzz-bzzzzz-bzzzzzzz-1366999005t.gif

Sorry bout your Unc..

I'm buying it for Zelda, Splatoon, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Mario Kart, Mario and then Bomberman. And yeah, it's fine man. I thought he be here on this earth for a bit longer but I guess not.

Slayven

Ain't ever done it because I had..can't say I'd argue much. Now, how you find a proper tea in a dumpster is another story all together lol..

Ain't you buying the WiiUToo for Bomberman?

fifth-element-chris-tucker-bzzz-bzzzzz-bzzzzzzz-1366999005t.gif

Sorry bout your Unc..

We need to get Shy over here so he can have some sweet tea and hogmaws

Dai101

Banned

My condolences, hope you and family are ok. Stay strong, hermano.

Argh... I wanna die, stupid infections. Can't even eat properly. Me lleva la chingada...

Slayven

Sorry for your lose
My condolences, hope you and family are ok. Stay strong, hermano.

Argh... I wanna die, stupid infections. Can't even eat properly. Me lleva la chingada...

Get well soon.

Shy

My condolences to you and your family.
We need to get Shy over here so he can have some sweet tea and hogmaws
Nah, i'm good.
Get better soon. Dai.

Slayven

Tyler Perry talked all that crazy shit(he colorblind now and reverse racism), but i see now he got a whole bunch of black people in his new show

BigDes

Xcom 2 is great.

But I forgot you can mod it pretty easily.

So I was hugely surprised when master chief and garrus got on the sky ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom