• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Seems like LeSean Thomas is trying to inject some color into save anime and teamed up with Crunchyroll for a new show called Children of Ether (video and more character designs at the link). Not a lot of info right now but at a first glance it looks intersting. Got some famous animators and even the character designer from Michiko & Hatchin on board.

CuHPyQmWgAEV2y3.jpg

That is not where I expected that to go but I got a good laugh out of it in the end :)

Things have been pretty rough since July, coming to a head recently. Trying not to get pulled down but you get to a point where the thoughts are daily. Hard to find people to trust to talk to face to face out here too.

Hopefully there will be enough to keep me distracted for a while

Unfortunately, I don't really have anything poignant or inspiring to offer you in terms of rhetoric - I'm often not good at that sort of stuff. All I can say is stay strong and that this community always has your back and open ears :)

Numb

Seems like LeSean Thomas is trying to inject some color into save anime and teamed up with Crunchyroll for a new show called Children of Ether (video and more character designs at the link). Not a lot of info right now but at a first glance it looks intersting. Got some famous animators and even the character designer from Michiko & Hatchin on board.

Interesting
Will give it a watch

Gattsu25

Banned
A 30 FPS lock is really stupid.

It's also not the end of the world especially if their lock has stable frame timing.

I guess what I'm saying is.. Good Morning, y'all

Was able to get in touch with most of my family and they're doing well. Storm seems to have largely passed over them (better than the previous projections)

Sch1sm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087909/

It's by the director of Suspiria, and it's weird as fuck. Also Clock Tower on SNES was based on it.

THAT GAME.

A cousin of mine had it emulated on her Android for ages, and I refused to play it myself for a long time. Minute I did, I spent the entire game like, "oh shit, oh shit, oh shit." Tension was A1. Will watch Phenomena.

A 30 FPS lock is really stupid.

2K is already working on unlocking the frame rate for PC users.

---

Morning, morning.

THAT GAME.

A cousin of mine had it emulated on her Android for ages, and I refused to play it myself for a long time. Minute I did, I spent the entire game like, "oh shit, oh shit, oh shit." Tension was A1. Will watch Phenomena.

Clock Tower is my favorite horror game, but it scares me so bad, and it gets that Argento atmosphere spot on.

A couple things about Phenomena. It's about a girl who talks to insects telepathically using their help to solve a series of murders at her academy. She also sleepwalks and the imagery and plot is weird as fuck. If you've seen Suspiria, you know what to expect.

The second half has the most Clock Tower stuff, and it gets very gross and insane. I just have to give the disclaimer about how weird this movie is because it's not for everyone.

Slayven

We forming an A Team to get Shy out of Brexit.

Hannibal = Dai101
Face= HarSon
BA= Gordon
Murdock= Jandro
Tia=Mrs.Mandy
That one dude that showed up for a season no one cares about= Bronx-Man

Morning BCT.

How's everyone in Florida holding up?

We forming an A Team to get Shy out of Brexit.

Hannibal = Dai101
Face= HarSon
BA= Gordon
Murdock= Jandro
Tia=Mrs.Mandy
That one dude that showed up for a season no one cares about= Bronx-Man

What color will the van be?

D i Z

Mornin' BCT's finest.

Thank you most vigorously for the horror flick suggestions. I think there's enough there to test my sanity.

Let's be real. If you're seriously going to smuggle Shy off the island before it sinks, you're going to need me. You mofo's would end up getting him framed for some random shit and have him locked up in the tower while you all Benny Hill your way around the wrong side of the country.

Where on Earth did you do this?

Ancestry.com

Though that's far from the only place that does it, just my friend did it and talked me into doing it so he can get referral money.

I'm also 41% African, my qualifications to posting in this thread. Predominantly Congolese, Malian, and Cameroonian, with a touch of Senegal and Togo.

33% East Asian divided up into Japan and the Philippines

9% Polynesian

Sch1sm

Ancestry.com

Though that's far from the only place that does it, just my friend did it and talked me into doing it so he can get referral money.

I'm also 41% African, my qualifications to posting in this thread. Predominantly Congolese, Malian, and Cameroonian, with a touch of Senegal and Togo.

33% East Asian divided up into Japan and the Philippines

9% Polynesian

With the amount that stuff costs, you're either rich or love your friend.

It is interesting, but I don't see myself ever getting anything as all over the place as that. Would be Somali, maybe some Arab, at wildest a mesh of other East African countries. Both of those would be tiny, though. My family's stance on interracial marriages are so far into the negative, there are people who were pretty much disowned for it. That's why I expect little variance.

Who knows, though. Could be surprised. Maybe one day. CDN$129 isn't so bad.

Malyse

https://twitter.com/DystopianYA = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FbQoI8P7c4

It is interesting, but I don't see myself ever getting anything as all over the place as that. Would be Somali, maybe some Arab, at wildest a mesh of other East African countries. Both of those would be tiny, though. My family's stance on interracial marriages are so far into the negative, there are people who were pretty much disowned for it. That's why I expect little variance.

I always forget you're Canadian. You're so... normal.
Well, anything is better than a European. :)

Sch1sm

That trailer was actually pretty good. I'd watch it. Saw standardized tests mentioned and it reminded me of that safe spaces thread where this dude was using IQ data to explain intelligence gaps between races (black and white, primarily) for a hot second, though.

Was born and raised Toronto, friend. Born and raised.

I'm still waiting on that kindle book list from you, just so you know. Always need suggestions. o/

I drive a Lexus that's paid off and live by myself, I can spare a few extra dollars for a DNA exam.

About to upload my raw data to gedmatch so I can get more detailed results.

Malyse

That trailer was actually pretty good. I'd watch it. Saw standardized tests mentioned and it reminded me of that safe spaces thread where this dude was using IQ data to explain intelligence gaps between races (black and white, primarily) for a hot second, though.

Was born and raised Toronto, friend. Born and raised.

I'm still waiting on that kindle book list from you, just so you know. Always need suggestions. o/

Can I be honest for a second? I had a really bad week with depression. I dunno why but I just felt fucking awful and couldn't get anything done. I'll get that list to you soonish. Sorry.

Sch1sm

I drive a Lexus that's paid off and live by myself, I can spare a few extra dollars for a DNA exam.

About to upload my raw data to gedmatch so I can get more detailed results.

You may as well loan Slay that $20 way you're talking right now.

Can I be honest for a second? I had a really bad week with depression. I dunno why but I just felt fucking awful and couldn't get anything done. I'll get that list to you soonish. Sorry.

No, no, no worries. It's no rush. Take your time if that's still the case, and if you need to talk my PMs are always open. I'm chest deep in movies for the month, as is.

How is this a craze? Doesn't everyone see creepy clowns wherever they go?

Sure, if they run with a circus.

Numb

interracial marriage
Don't even think it with this crew😂😂
Happened a couple of times and wasn't pretty

hmmm

Anyone seeing The Birth of A Nation tonight? My most anticipated film of the year.

Caught the earliest showing last night.. what a fucking ride that was. Gf couldn't stop crying even after we got home.

Not sure but I think it might have been the first film involving slavery that she's ever seen. Probably should have gave her more of a warning than "This isn't going to be a cuddle movie."

Sch1sm

interracial marriage
Don't even think it with this crew😂😂
Happened a couple of times and wasn't pretty

hmmm

Honestly. There's these first cousins of my mother, and somehow 3 of the women (out of 5) ended up marrying outside. One married an Australian, one married a Norwegian, another married a Grenadian.

No one really talks to them except my family, with the exception of the one who married an Australian. They deadass only speak to her because the guy she married has money, though. Shit is ridiculous. :")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom