• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

Yeah, it was about what I expected her to say. I'll give her credit for being able to compartmentalize her perspective as much as she did, but I'll also hold her accountable for that same perspective when it stunts the discussion more so than what she claims to be problematic. The desire to change the narrative to remove culpability is absolutely dismantling the dialogue when they deploy that shit.
She says the the same kind of shit in other vids. like when she reviewed Birth of a nation.

And i saw her vid about wonder woman's sexuality, and she said it's bad for heterosexual women.
Might as well hang my shit up now
Awww. Don't say that.
Appreciate that and yeah some of it seemed like a bit of a stretch. I won't go quoting it. However I walked a way with a rejuvenated since of pride like I did thanks to some of you during BHM. My main take away is a desire to put money into my community and give back where/when I can.
I can understand that.

Kreed

Appreciate that and yeah some of it seemed like a bit of a stretch. I won't go quoting it. However I walked a way with a rejuvenated since of pride like I did thanks to some of you during BHM. My main take away is a desire to put money into my community and give back where/when I can.

One of my child hood friends who's a conspiracy brother and in the NOI always lets me know about the latest ones whether I want to know or not, so I've seen 1-3 trying to be "open minded" (I told him not to send me any more once Hidden Colors 4 came out). There are some good interviews and messages mixed in there so you have the right idea/you won't hear any disagreements from me on that, but unfortunately there's a lot of BS and it's annoying seeing black people who just believe everything in these movies without doing a google search or two because they are in this "everything the white man has taught you is a lie" mind state.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
So I had some self reflection and I realized I was pretty presumptuous. I've just stop caring about certain subjects of discussion but I was a fool to just leave. I am not going to post often here or be on gaf in general but I'll be around.

I got hacked and my pc is basically dead. I've given up on LoL and I'm playing more SFV and FF14. I'm maining Juri and learning patience and to punich properly with her. If anyone wants to play SFV just ask. I also got some recruitment codes for FF14 if anyone wants one since I see people are talking about WoW. I've never played WoW but I hear shamans and black mages are essentially the same class with similar sub systems.

jHq6pek.jpg

D i Z

She says the the same kind of shit in other vids. like when she reviewed Birth of a nation.

And i saw her vid about wonder woman's sexuality, and she said it's bad for heterosexual women.

I can understand that.

Honestly, I don't expect any different from her or those that think like her. There's not going to be a light bulb that goes of above their heads and they just get it. The absolute best that I expect is that they don't use their platforms in the most damaging ways possible.

Nah, Canada, but the CDN$ is absolute trash so prices have probably risen enough since I last played that I'll hate myself.

Oh,i was actually talking about ingame gold. Not sure when it was last that you played but you can now buy "Tokens" with 1 month gametime and sell them on the AH. Which means that AH junkies can pretty much play the game for free.

Also, in WoD with the garrisons we all made TONS of gold.

Right now, a token is at ~36k Gold in the US servers AH. (almost double here in EU and a lot worse in Asia).

Shy

9S5xGmo.gif

Honestly, I don't expect any different from her or those that think like her. There's not going to be a light bulb that goes of above their heads and they just get it. The absolute best that I expect is that they don't use their platforms in the most damaging ways possible.
yeah.

Fuck em.

One of my child hood friends who's a conspiracy brother and in the NOI always lets me know about the latest ones whether I want to know or not, so I've seen 1-3 trying to be "open minded" (I told him not to send me any more once Hidden Colors 4 came out). There are some good interviews and messages mixed in there so you have the right idea/you won't hear any disagreements from me on that, but unfortunately there's a lot of BS and it's annoying seeing black people who just believe everything in these movies without doing a google search or two because they are in this "everything the white man has taught you is a lie" mind state.

The brother who passed me the tapes stays on that. I can't get to that extreme..

Hurricanes need better and hardcore names instead of naming them something a good neighbour would be called

Weather Channel started naming random ass storms shit like "Gandalf", they can keep the regular ass names.

Or try to use more black names.

Or use BCT member names.

"Category 5 Hurricane Shy devastated the Gulf Coast yesterday, then apologized."

"In a ultra rare occurrence, Typhoon Slayven to make repeated landfalls in Japan and South Korea"

Numb

Weather Channel started naming random ass storms shit like "Gandalf", they can keep the regular ass names.

Or use BCT member names.

"Category 5 Hurricane Shy devastated the Gulf Coast yesterday, then apologized."

"In a ultra rare occurrence, Typhoon Slayven to make repeated landfalls in Japan and South Korea"

The big known stuff
They would go real offensive picking black names

---

Overdose in blackness this week.
Luke Cage tv shows
Queen of Katwe movies
Mafia 3 games
Solange album music

Shy

Fat Woody Harrelson or thin Louie
I can't tell
Neither.

It's from a B-Movie that Dolph was in called Pentathlon.

Here's the description.
"An East German Olympian (Dolph Lundgren) flees to the United States, pursued years later by his neo-Nazi ex-coach (David Soul)."

Or use BCT member names.

LOL.
Well, I mean that's a good enough attitude for me to have, but I do admit to being concerned when others throw in the towel on these cats.
I'm a bit confused in this context.

What do you mean by throw in the towel on them. ?

Numb

Neither.

Here's the description.
"An East German Olympian (Dolph Lundgren) flees to the United States, pursued years later by his neo-Nazi ex-coach (David Soul)."

LOL.

I see

I stay away fom neo-nazi stuff. That's why i stopped Green Room
They replaced neo-nazi with sadistic instead on imdb with Pentathlon

D i Z

Neither.

Here's the description.

LOL.

As in give up on them, or begin to expect the worse and not being open to dialogue. I see it a lot with these troubled times where the other party in any given situation is just ignorant and a little too expressive. Over enough time just about all of us are going to run out of patience if we're not getting a couple of wins here or there. And this new/old education that the entire world seems to be more and more in need of is on us to provide.
Some people are beyond talking to or having a sense of self strong enough to empathize with others. With enough exposure to those kinds of people, over a long enough timeline, our own empathy begins to erode. That's pretty much my observations anyway.

Shy

As in give up on them, or begin to expect the worse and not being open to dialogue. I see it a lot with these troubled times where the other party in any given situation is just ignorant and a little too expressive. Over enough time just about all of us are going to run out of patience if we're not getting a couple of wins here or there. And this new/old education that the entire world seems to be more and more on us to provide.
Some people are beyond talking to or having a sense of self strong enough to empathize with others. With enough exposure to those kinds of people, over a long enough timeline, our own empathy begins to erode. That's pretty much my observations anyway.
Gotcha.
It's cool
Tolerance for skinheads and such is below 0
night
Right right.

Night night.

Hope it wasn't anything i said that made you go to bed.

Tryna save up some money before my paycheck comes tomorrow, so I bought a bunch of those cheap Mama Celeste pizzas in an attempt to remind myself why I stopped buying them in the first place.

Slayven

Tryna save up some money before my paycheck comes tomorrow, so I bought a bunch of those cheap Mama Celeste pizzas in an attempt to remind myself why I stopped buying them in the first place.

They good with a little red pepper flakes and no expectation of being satisfied

Gattsu25

Banned
Florida BCT members, stay safe.

Here are the current evacuations:

Florida

More than 1.5 million Floridians are currently in evacuation zones.

Palm Beach County: Mandatory evacuations are in place for Zones A and B.

Broward County: Voluntary evacuations for mobile homes and low-lying areas.

St. Johns County: Mandatory evacuations for Zones A, B and F.

Duval County: Zones A, B and C evacuated.

Brevard County: Mandatory evacuations for barrier islands.

St. Lucie County: Mandatory evacuations for low-lying areas and barrier islands; voluntary evacuations east of U.S. 1.

Flagler County: Mandatory evacuations for Zones A and B.

Indian River County: Mandatory evacuations for barrier islands, mobile and manufactured homes and low-lying areas.

Martin County: Mandatory evacuations are in effect for Sewall’s Point, Hutchinson Island, Jupiter Island and mobile homes.

Miami-Dade County: Voluntary evacuations are in effect for mobile homes.

Nassau County: Mandatory evacuations for Zones A, C and F.

Volusia County: Mandatory evacuations for beachside, low-lying areas, RV and mobile home parks.

(MORE: The Latest on Matthew's Track)

Georgia

In all, some 500,000 Georgians have been ordered or urged to leave their homes.

Mandatory evacuations have been ordered for six coastal counties east of I-95: Bryan, Chatham, Liberty, McIntosh, Glynn and Camden.

South Carolina

Charleston and Beaufort counties: Evacuated Wednesday.

Officials evacuated Horry and Georgetown counties Thursday.

North Carolina

Phased evacuation of Ocracoke Island ongoing. Hyde County issued a mandatory evacuation order for island visitors beginning at 5 a.m. Wednesday, to be followed by a mandatory evacuation for all residents at 5 a.m. Thursday.

The University of North Carolina-Wilmington has also ordered students to evacuate no later than noon Thursday.​

Bless, fam.

Sch1sm

Anyone into horror? Curious as to what you guys might be lining up for viewing this Halloween.

Love it. Live it. Breathe it. Every day of the year. Easily my favourite genre. Watching 1 a day through the month. I'll get home in like an hour and share a pastebin link of it or something. It'll be 31+ or so, to account for time on weekends, though. 😬

Gattsu25

Banned
I'm playing Soulsiders aka Lords of the Fallen. It looks like it was made by someone who watched Darksiders 1 & 2 cutscenes on youtube & plays like it was made by someone who watched a bad Dark Souls LP...

I agree on the gameplay. It has some of the worst "character action" controls I've ever experienced.

Hurricane Matthew update, my family in the Florida Space Coast lost power.

D i Z

Love it. Live it. Breathe it. Every day of the year. Easily my favourite genre. Watching 1 a day through the month. I'll get home in like an hour and share a pastebin link of it or something. It'll be 31+ or so, to account for time on weekends, though. 😬

Excellent. Many thanks. It's only fair that you know that if I should fall foul of one of these cinematic ghouls, my peoples will hold you accountable.
Also, all late rentals are being returned, and dubious nigga's getting unfriended before hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom