• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

Taking it as being pretty good
Can't wait for the release here.

Atlus better not try some EU shit again

How can hands so tiny be so strong

:)
So quick

'course.

That it is, I take the bus. If you had to drive in there's some places that are all day parking for $20. Considering bus fare is $9-12 each way. We tried the bus too while on vacation and is was about the same time and cost wise.

I'd have to consider a career before anything serious goes down.

That price genuinely hurts. It's like $6.50 for a roundtrip here so long as it's Toronto Transit, within Toronto boundaries. And we have weekly and monthly bus passes. Something like $141.xx a month for Adults, it's $112 for students.

g freaking g, bud.

insulted.gif

46cc.gif

:D

Lamont went from pyramid schemes to shaking down his own father in just a few seconds. An old man with glasses. Frail and vulnerable. He could have a heart attack any second, and Lamont is trying to get him to sign the insurance policy smh.

Malyse

Everything I want is happening. Zaregoto anime. Monogatari audiobook. Light novels all over the kindle. What a time to be alive.

Oh and Live Action Mulan 2018

Drumpf introduced his new anthem for the debate
"Can nonchalant be obvious of course
I leaned towards her and whispered the choice is yours
Need I remind you that I'll have no remorse
(I understand)
Here's a kiss sweetheart this won't hurt a bit
I can kill it with kindness or murder it
Then I'll face the time a murderer gets
(Or get away with it)
Life

They said that chivalry is dead
Then why is her body in my bed
At sunrise, the morning paper's read
They found a body in my bed yes
Ahhh "

Hildog responded

"Da da da da da
All work an no play
That's the way it is, aint it
There's voting deep inside of you
And you must get reacquainted
When was the last time
You voted
When was the last time
You voted
Well come rock with me baby
Vote for me darling
Step with me sweetheart
The world is watching"

Technically we already had white women (Megyn Kelly, Rosie O'Donell, etc...). But there was this whole, as Chris Rock said in one of his comedy specials, "He ain't talkin about me" phenomenon going on with these incidents where Trump and his supporters would deflect the comments saying he was misunderstood or that he didn't really mean it. They don't have enough Mirror Shields this time. Plus guys like Mitt Romney/etc... were just waiting for the chance to be like "I was right!" and this was it (Ted Cruz is probably on suicide watch right now).

That said, I still want that n-word tape I know NBC is sitting on, just in case.

that was specific people, not broad statements

Kreed

Floyd Mayweather joined the "All Lives Matter" brigade

smh, we don't got nobody do we?

http://bossip.com/1362897/floyd-may...blue-lives-matter-people-are-followers-video/

I think we need to communicate better, and I think we need to follow, follow directions better. There's rules and regulations to everything.

Kapernick need try to get the startin job. You know stand up and get the startin job, that's what he needs to focus on. But I can't knock him if that's what he believes in, you know, and the people stand behind him, you know so be it. He's got the number one selling jersey so it's obvious he's doing something right.

I thought he would just say All Lives Matter and be done but he did the full Daffy Duck dance.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
http://bossip.com/1362897/floyd-may...blue-lives-matter-people-are-followers-video/

I thought he would just say All Lives Matter and be done but he did the full Daffy Duck dance.

I wasn't expecting anything from money Mayweather and im still disappointed. People are trying so hard to hold on to what they have that they don't even try the "no comment" version. They go straight to all lives matter like they lived a life before fame that indicated this was possibly true.

Try as he might, Mayweather will never be one of the good ones. Though his baggage wouldn't help any statement of BLM either. He should either shut up or state the truth of the situation.he wasn't afraid to say racism played into criticism of him and his fighting style...

andthebeatgoeson

Wife was in the military. Has republican tendencies due to the military. But can't stand Trump. She's undergoing a transformation. Getting more woke. I blame myself. And life. Different for a smart black female in this world.

She's physically disgusted by him and his shit. Gone are the days of the old republicans. What they used to get away with (dog whistle racism, misogyny, trickle down bullshit) is well out in front. I don't give Democrats that credit. That belongs to young people. Gen X and Millenials brought this to the forefront. Old black people don't care about BLM. It's the young; people tired of the same old bullshit bandaids. We've watched them chip at every advancement in society and found them to still be racist as all hell. So, it's time for us to pick up the fight again.

We've seen some success but when it still falls short of the American dream, it's time to reassess. I'm rambling but it's all connected in my head. I may need some time away from Facebook. Got into another argument on Facebook with some shithead that linked Trump to Ferguson to Michael Brown. I just don't have patience to let you spout off your bullshit unchallenged. Gone are the days we just let them be. They think everything was fine? Our silence was culpable. But I guess we got tired, after the 60's and 70's and just wanted some time off, to feel normal.

I used to want to be average. Got tired of hearing about the 110%. I want to be a normal average guy. That's the full american dream; being average and celebrated as great. Somebody posted a picture of some very average people celebrated as 'stars' a few pages ago. That's what I want sometimes. Mediocrity and the sense of comfort that will be enough. Eh, this is brain vomit. I'll stop.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Wife was in the military. Has republican tendencies due to the military. But can't stand Trump. She's undergoing a transformation. Getting more woke. I blame myself. And life. Different for a smart black female in this world.

She's physically disgusted by him and his shit. Gone are the days of the old republicans. What they used to get away with (dog whistle racism, misogyny, trickle down bullshit) is well out in front. I don't give Democrats that credit. That belongs to young people. Gen X and Millenials brought this to the forefront. Old black people don't care about BLM. It's the young; people tired of the same old bullshit bandaids. We've watched them chip at every advancement in society and found them to still be racist as all hell. So, it's time for us to pick up the fight again.

We've seen some success but when it still falls short of the American dream, it's time to reassess. I'm rambling but it's all connected in my head. I may need some time away from Facebook. Got into another argument on Facebook with some shithead that linked Trump to Ferguson to Michael Brown. I just don't have patience to let you spout off your bullshit unchallenged. Gone are the days we just let them be. They think everything was fine? Our silence was culpable. But I guess we got tired, after the 60's and 70's and just wanted some time off, to feel normal.

I used to want to be average. Got tired of hearing about the 110%. I want to be a normal average guy. That's the full american dream; being average and celebrated as great. Somebody posted a picture of some very average people celebrated as 'stars' a few pages ago. That's what I want sometimes. Mediocrity and the sense of comfort that will be enough. Eh, this is brain vomit. I'll stop.

I feel alot of what you are saying, but I see no point in arguing with someone on FB. No one is going to change their mind because most see FB as an echo chamber. Things are said to get likes and have a good ole virtual circle jerk. If someone says some shit I find offensive, I just unfriend them. Simple. If it is someone I know and actually care about, then I'll talk to them offline, but getting into a cyber war doesn't do shit for me. Usually those people aren't interested in the facts, reality or reason.

andthebeatgoeson

I feel alot of what you are saying, but I see no point in arguing with someone on FB. No one is going to change their mind because most see FB as an echo chamber. Things are said to get likes and have a good ole virtual circle jerk. If someone says some shit I find offensive, I just unfriend them. Simple. If it is someone I know and actually care about, then I'll talk to them offline, but getting into a cyber war doesn't do shit for me.

I think my main aim is not the rejects who spout bullshit. I do feel like I was let down as a youth without seeing this active resistance. I'm only 38, so I guess this is our time. But I won't change dude. He even said it. But I'm not going to let people spout their bullshit unchallenged. To me, it's the necessity of watching athletes kneeling or sitting. Yeah, they don't have to. But we need to stay woke and wake up anyone else. Yeah, we don't have the economic push as other movements but we can make a lot of noise.

No more of people comfortable in their bullshit. Yeah, it borders on silencing them but I also don't want them to lie and make up stories, like 'post racial america.' That's the shit thrown around from the late 90s to the 2000's. And stop and frisk flourished during that time. They repealed affirmative action, put more people in jail over BS and started shooting many people. Our silence is a problem.

It's a problem. I get fatigued with it. But our silence is worse. Our kids deserve better. Now, I'm arguing just for other people. You have ever heard a phrase that just readjusted your entire world? Seen a picture that just destroys your impression of the world?

And I'm getting life from people younger than me. Watching high school students just erupt in life and speak to you? Got me running back to the church like the Color Purple, yelling, "Speak Lord!" Yeah, I've heard my younger sister speak life into me and I feel like I'm doing them a disservice being quiet.

I'm just in my feelings right now, so excuse me.

And this wasn't a dude I was friends with but I felt the need to respond to his bullshit on someone else's wall.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
started watching Farscape because it's leaving Netflix soon

so far it's just kind of Star Trek but less organized and with assholes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom