• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai101

Banned
I know i'm way late to this but

394Qm3p.gif

Hope you back soon Angelus.

Or as we know it, "the Shy" method

Y7spwCk.jpg

What is everyones most trusted new source?

Feel like everything is a bunch of BS on CNN, but if you venture too far out you end up with a bunch of tin foil hat BS as well.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Even if those released, things would stay the exact same. Bet.

People who have rode with Trump this long aren't jumping off the boat now. I do think that those few who are undecided would be deterred from jumping on. But if you aren't decided at this point, I have to question alot about you.

Feel like everything is a bunch of BS on CNN, but if you venture too far out you end up with a bunch of tin foil hat BS as well.

I get my news from the AP. They have an app and a web site that has long-form features. But they are my goto. They state the facts and that is it.

The Guardian (even if they let some dubious opinion pieces show up on their site to not appear biased).

The WaPo guy handling the Trump stuff is doing great work.

Kreed

Even if those released, things would stay the exact same. Bet.

You underestimate how much racist hate being called racist. And saying the n-word is one of three things Republicans see as actually being racist, along with being in KKK and slavery.

Mafia III aint playin no games with this dialogue, sheeit
character to Lincoln Clay: "you must be the nigger"
Lincoln: "My name is Lincoln Clay motherfucker"
character: "nigger.... Lincoln Clay.... these things mean the same thing"

Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Colin Kaepernick's protest is 'dumb and disrespectful'
LOL. Some people acted like she was "down" cause of the Biggie memes.
bonus points: she calls athletes who do the anthem protest "stupid & arrogant" & compares the protests to flag burning.
Our White "allies" yall.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Colin Kaepernick's protest is 'dumb and disrespectful'
LOL. Some people acted like she was "down" cause of the Biggie memes.
bonus points: she calls athletes who do the anthem protest "stupid & arrogant" & compares the protests to flag burning.
Our White "allies" yall.

Man fuck. Her husband was my tax law professor

Shy

Morning' Ya'll
Mornin' shiny happy people.
Morning morning.
started watching Farscape because it's leaving Netflix soon

so far it's just kind of Star Trek but less organized and with assholes
Please stick with it, it's very good and really develops it own voice.
😒

I saw that sign too. There were some pretty good signs behind CNN yesterday.

Edit: Oh, uh. I thought this was Poligaf but I guess I just outed myself as a lurker.

Where you're from - Wisconsin
Where you live - Still Wisconsin
What is your age? - 26
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - German/Dutch (I'm white, hope that isn't an issue)
Do you know your roots - Not sure
Favorite musical genre - Rock (leaning to metal)
Your profession/major/career interest - Programmer
Your religious affiliation - Christian - Nondenominational
Hobbies - Video games, gardening, cooking
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Churches
Marvel or DC? - Marvel I think. Don't really take a strong stand
Favorite superhero? - Serious favorite probably spiderman, joke favorite probably Booster Gold
Anime or Nah? - Anime
Favorite sport and team? - Football, Packers.
What's your favorite Disney movie? - Mulan, followed by Hercules (mostly for the music)

I'm all late but

Family.

Ya'll need to take some time out of your day/evening to watch 13th on Netflix.

Angelus and I agree that it is required viewing.

You weren't lying. This country man, as someone so eloquently put it, "Uncle who paid for you to go to college, but molested you.."

This also pointed me towards some individuals I want to learn more about.

I tried to this lot on Friday my fam.

And they've still haven't mentioned that they've watch it yet. *glares at BCT*

You better fix up the spare room for all the people you're over there waking up! lol

The Guardian (even if they let some dubious opinion pieces show up on their site to not appear biased).

The WaPo guy handling the Trump stuff is doing great work.

I get my news from the AP. They have an app and a web site that has long-form features. But they are my goto. They state the facts and that is it.

Thanks for the news outlet recommendations

Hai Shy!!

Watching wrestling in 2016.

Well Beef is a sonic fan.

Don't put this on Beef.

I apologize again for my behaviour. I want this place to be inclusive as much as everyone else.

He was right to call Fred out for talking shit about Mexicans and Puerto Ricans etc. but sometimes he was just a little bitch for no reason.

Lamont was a young black man in Watts with no future save for the "empire" that his father was going to leave him when he died. I find that explains much of his behavior.

D i Z

Edit: Oh, uh. I thought this was Poligaf but I guess I just outed myself as a lurker.

Welcome, welcome.

Don't put this on Beef.

Lamont was a young black man in Watts with no future save for the "empire" that his father was going to leave him when he died. I find that explains much of his behavior.

People want to dump on Lamont but fail to realize that he was that older cat in the streets during the riots trying to get people to act right.
As far as ain't shit dudes from Watts go, Lamont was an inspiration.

Look at this upstanding young man using such vulgar language. Forearm Star, you're a bad influence. smh

Shy has been smoking cigs and collecting protection pay lately. something has changed in him. The Brexit took the civility out of the UK and infused him with the raw power of a derby hat wearing, Southside gangsta

Malyse

I want my Moonwalker VHS back.

Murder the person who took it.

----

I am the mostest drunk person on GAF right now. Also. I burn my hand twice. It hurst.

I made spiced grape juice and then used that to make purple passion and it's too good. I'm gonna die. Gravity is difficult.

---

Whatcha eating tonight BCT. I'm making deviled eggs and biscuits.
Cause reasons.

Rod from Whats Happening was pretty smart, why he still fuck with Rerun and that other dude?

They were probably all friends growing up from little kids, and you just don't dump your friends for no reason. Plus Raj was a little nerdy, and Rerun was real popular from being a dancer. His options were limited and he was comfortable. And hey, he really liked them as friends.

RedSwirl

Been meaning to ask this because I'm thinking of trying to diversify my RSS feeds.

Right now it's mostly mainstream print stuff: WaPo, NYT, WSJ, USA Today, and the AP. I added the BBC to get a bit of an international angle but I'm honestly looking for other foreign but English-language sources. My problem is I can't figure out how slanted each one is. If I ever bone back up on my German I might check their news too.

D i Z

Has anyone mentioned Vox? Cause Vox is effing great.

Edit: I can't feel my face

Time for some water, a hunk of cheese, and some chill in a comfy couch.

As far as what's for dinner, it's jerk everything up in here. I might not survive the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom