• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

Go vote
Cu52BRZVMAAaVXC.jpg
Good luck guys
Wishing the best

Kreed

Have any of you watched Insecure yet? If no, fix that.

Show is on HBO and is now something I'll be looking forward to.

I was actually thinking of referencing the first episode of this earlier. Definitely nice to have so many black US TV shows after a period of literally nothing other than BET for years.

LionPride

Banned
I was actually thinking of referencing the first episode of this earlier. Definitely nice to have so many black US TV shows after a period of literally nothing other than BET for years.

I caught it when I was in a hotel room this past week, hadn't heard a peep about it. Was quite happy with it

Sch1sm

Lo4ITjN.gif

Same.

If that cunt gets in, we're all fucked. Not matter where we live.

Canadians are done for and everywhere else is completely screwed if he gets office. I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about how his becoming president would change Canada-US relations. The only positive I can witness is us finally coming up to our own on the world stage instead of hiding beneath Big Brother Barack/Bush/Bill/Bush on international issues, since there's no way Trudeau is going to agree with Trump's values.

Everything else is just hellish, and I'm afraid. ;-;

Slayven

WRONG!

CixR3QAWUAAgy0-.jpg

Rae_Sloane.jpg

Ciena Ree and Rae Sloane. Both Imperial Officers. Ciena led the fight on Jakku and Rae is eternally fucking someone's day up.
tumblr_o45dcq4KAT1qbnosso4_500.png

But I know that black women scare you, so I see how you could miss them.

----

Edit: To be more specific, Rae is the same rank as Thrawn. Grand Admiral.

*calls Willie D*

Zekes!

Canadians are done for and everywhere else is completely screwed if he gets office. I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about how his becoming president would change Canada-US relations. The only positive I can witness is us finally coming up to our own on the world stage instead of hiding beneath Big Brother Barack/Bush/Bill/Bush on international issues, since there's no way Trudeau is going to agree with Trump's values.

I wonder if we would actually see an influx of Americans trying to move up here if he won

Sch1sm

I wonder if we would actually see an influx of Americans trying to move up here if he won

I doubt it, if only for the fact that Americans who try to move will attempt to move to Ontario/BC, two of the hardest provinces to immigrate to because of their popularity. I only omit Quebec because I assume their number of Francophones are low. Unless they're so afraid they're willing to go for Atlantic provinces, or the Prairies, I don't see the process being good to millions of Americans attempting to escape Trump.

Skilled immigrants obviously have the upper hand, always, and if they're lucky enough to be sponsored by (immediate) family who lives here it's a thumbs up. Otherwise, lol. Provincial/territorial nomination isn't an option unless they meet the criteria. For example, Ontario's would be limited to Americans who managed to wrangle a job offer, or are investors/entrepreneurs, skilled workers, or have Masters/PhD degrees. Looking through the Government of Canada's site for immigration stuff, a lot of the options are geared toward people who are, or intend to be business owners, and investors. Gg.

Alternatively, marry a Canadian, get sponsored. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If any of you are wondering about what sort of streams you'd be eligible for in Canada, they actually have an eligibility test that'll tell you some options that are potentially available to you. You obviously then have to look into whether those options truly fit - not entirely sure how thorough the eligibility test is.

Shy

Same.
cmf7hDd.gif

I didn't qualify for the express program. Canada don't want me. 😭

To be fair, i wouldn't let me in either. 😝

Zekes!

I doubt it, if only for the fact that Americans who try to move will attempt to move to Ontario/BC, two of the hardest provinces to immigrate to because of their popularity. I only omit Quebec because I assume their number of Francophones are low. Unless they're so afraid they're willing to go for Atlantic provinces, or the Prairies, I don't see the process being good to millions of Americans attempting to escape Trump.

Skilled immigrants obviously have the upper hand, always, and if they're lucky enough to be sponsored by (immediate) family who lives here it's a thumbs up. Otherwise, lol. Provincial/territorial nomination isn't an option unless they meet the criteria. For example, Ontario's would be limited to Americans who managed to wrangle a job offer, or are investors/entrepreneurs, skilled workers, or have Masters/PhD degrees. Looking through the Government of Canada's site for immigration stuff, a lot of the options are geared toward people who are, or intend to be business owners, and investors. Gg.

Alternatively, marry a Canadian, get sponsored. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If any of you are wondering about what sort of streams you'd be eligible for in Canada, they actually have an eligibility test that'll tell you some options that are potentially available to you. You obviously then have to look into whether those options truly fit - not entirely sure how thorough the eligibility test is.

Yeah no doubt, I should've italicized "trying". Shit ain't easy to do. Plus people talk a lot of shit but it's hard to just up and leave where ever you live unless you're single and have good employment opportunities.

I also definitely echo with your earlier thought in wondering if we'll see ourselves step up on the world stage some more, especially with Trudeau at the reigns. I feel like we're not living up to our potential as a country as it is.

Sch1sm

Same.
cmf7hDd.gif

I didn't qualify for the express program. Canada don't want me. ��

To be fair, i wouldn't let me in either. ��

I'd let you in, Shy. You can son me at SFV in my own home. o/

Yeah no doubt, I should've italicized "trying". Shit ain't easy to do. Plus people talk a lot of shit but it's hard to just up and leave where ever you live unless you're single and have good employment opportunities.

I also definitely echo with your earlier thought in wondering if we'll see ourselves step up on the world stage some more, especially with Trudeau at the reigns. I feel like we're not living up to our potential as a country as it is.

It's hard to just up and leave anything that's got you remotely comfortable. Part why I never quit my job at the pharmacy despite hating the dynamic, and the lack of firm rules, and my bosses antics. It pays well, it's close to home, it works with my schedule -> legit stuck. Definitely would be the same with shoe lifestyles. I get bothered even when my parents mention moving within the city since I'm too used to our area (been living in this place since I was 8 months old and all).

I like to think he'll make that change, if only because he's a lot more vocal about issues we're facing. If that's any indication, I have full faith that in his term he'll be worlds better than Harper on that front.

I'm ready to be a Canadian.. Got a blue jays hat and everything.

What kind of chocolates ya got going on over there?

It's a mix of British and US stuff, with Canadian made goods. Yes, we have Cadbury chocolate.

Zekes!

I finally did it

Me and the girlfriend finished Luke Cage tonight.

I think it's easily my favourite of the Netflix shows right now. It had a lot of personality and character the other shows just didn't have, even if they were still good. The music, of course, was leagues about the other shows as well.

I even loved Diamondback, who everyone seems to hate. I loved how he chewed every scene he was in. It was amazing.

My biggest complaint would be that the writing felt iffy in more than a couple spots, but everything else was so enjoyable that it's easy to overlook.

Kelsdesu

just binged all of Atlanta so far. Easily my favorite this year over (dare I say) Luke Cage. I nearly died when he called that nigga a Super Saiyan bwahaha.

giphy.gif

Sch1sm

I'm just imagining all of the customs issues. Y'all Americans even got Kinder Surprise being illegal, no? 🙄

Mornin', people.

harSon

Banned
I had two Tinder dates this week, the one on Friday with the Slovenian Au Pair was dope. She's real cool people, although it's clear she hasn't been here long - and her knowledge of black people is relegated to what she's seen on TV/Film.

The second Tinder date was with some 24 year old girl on Saturday, like the profile stated, or so I thought. She's a cinema fan, so we ended up going to the movies at some point. We went to see The Accountant (the movie is straight ass btw) and when we were purchasing tickets, the dudes like "you just made the age limit!" to her - and I'm internally like "what the fuck does that mean?!" It turns out she graduated HS in June and turned 18 in September. I tried to work through that shit, but in the back of my mind I couldn't shake the fact that this chick was months removed from parent teacher conferences and shit. Just as I'd begin to forget that there's a fucking generational gulf between us (I'm 27), some shit would pop up to instantly remind me, like her talking about Senior prom. We ended up going to Applebees after the movie, and this chick straight up ordered Chicken Tenders and French Fries from the Kid's Menu. She said it's because she doesn't have much of an appetite, but it didn't matter, at that point my dick was irreparably flaccid.

Kreed

I had two Tinder dates this week, the one on Friday with the Slovenian Au Pair was dope. She's real cool people, although it's clear she hasn't been here long - and her knowledge of black people is relegated to what she's seen on TV/Film.

The second Tinder date was with some 24 year old girl on Saturday, like the profile stated, or so I thought. She's a cinema fan, so we ended up going to the movies at some point. We went to see The Accountant (the movie is straight ass btw) and when we were purchasing tickets, the dudes like "you just made the age limit!" to her - and I'm internally like "what the fuck does that mean?!" It turns out she graduated HS in June and turned 18 in September. I tried to work through that shit, but in the back of my mind I couldn't shake the fact that this chick was months removed from parent teacher conferences and shit. Just as I'd begin to forget that there's a fucking generational gulf between us (I'm 27), some shit would pop up to instantly remind me, like her talking about Senior prom. We ended up going to Applebees after the movie, and this chick straight up ordered Chicken Tenders and French Fries from the Kid's Menu. She said it's because she doesn't have much of an appetite, but it didn't matter, at that point my dick was irreparably flaccid.

uIHKd2X.png

Numb

v5nhyqz.gif

Straight out of a sitcom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom