• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zekes!

anyone in BCT dressing up for Halloween? I'll probably dress up for work; figure I could do a "human" Spongebob costume pretty damn easy (I own all the necessary clothes) and the kids I work with would find it funny

Slayven

JC is an ass, Beef is a bitch, I'm petty, and Slayven is extraneous.

Same as always.

5373476-9171937128-TooMu.jpg

You know, it is a topic that needs to be discussed. Character design and age are something that has been on my mind a lot lately. Not only is it disturbing that infantile characters are 1000 year old dragons but then there are 12 year olds who look like they are in their 20's. Both are creepy af.

Anything for those figurine sales

Malyse

Actually, it totally makes sense that this image would be on comicvine's servers.

-----

SO.

What are you hyped for that's left in 2016?

I'm excited for Dr. Strange, Moana, and Rogue One
goddamn Disney chokehold.

-----

I don't do Halloween. I do do November 1st candy sales though.

Easy advice for smooth waters

1) Don't make bait threads

2) If you really can't resist making a bait thread, don't talk about doing it first

Consider BCT as having as many views as any thread on the front page of both Gaming and OT, with 99 percent lurkers only

Johndoey

Banned
Luke Cage was such a disappointment. Soundtrack was fantastic though and the villains were all good. But Luke is such a dull character and the plot never really goes anywhere it just wanders.

And I expected some actual commentary as opposed to a couple one off comments and the odd monologue

They don't even really touch on gentrification just dance around it.

LionPride

Banned
Luke Cage was such a disappointment. Soundtrack was fantastic though and the villains were all good. But Luke is such a dull character and the plot never really goes anywhere it just wanders.

And I expected some actual commentary as opposed to a couple one off comments and the odd monologue

Nigga go watch Gotham

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Easy advice for smooth waters

1) Don't make bait threads

2) If you really can't resist making a bait thread, don't talk about doing it first

Consider BCT as having as many views as any thread on the front page of both Gaming and OT, with 99 percent lurkers only

This is true.

RedSwirl

I had two Tinder dates this week, the one on Friday with the Slovenian Au Pair was dope. She's real cool people, although it's clear she hasn't been here long - and her knowledge of black people is relegated to what she's seen on TV/Film.

The second Tinder date was with some 24 year old girl on Saturday, like the profile stated, or so I thought. She's a cinema fan, so we ended up going to the movies at some point. We went to see The Accountant (the movie is straight ass btw) and when we were purchasing tickets, the dudes like "you just made the age limit!" to her - and I'm internally like "what the fuck does that mean?!" It turns out she graduated HS in June and turned 18 in September. I tried to work through that shit, but in the back of my mind I couldn't shake the fact that this chick was months removed from parent teacher conferences and shit. Just as I'd begin to forget that there's a fucking generational gulf between us (I'm 27), some shit would pop up to instantly remind me, like her talking about Senior prom. We ended up going to Applebees after the movie, and this chick straight up ordered Chicken Tenders and French Fries from the Kid's Menu. She said it's because she doesn't have much of an appetite, but it didn't matter, at that point my dick was irreparably flaccid.

Stop. You're just making me even more wary of ever even starting Tinder. Nevermind me still being kinda broke
and 5"3".

Well shit

anyone in BCT dressing up for Halloween? I'll probably dress up for work; figure I could do a "human" Spongebob costume pretty damn easy (I own all the necessary clothes) and the kids I work with would find it funny

Might recycle this Gerald from "Hey Arnold" costume I had for comic con last year. But then again...

I don't do Halloween. I do do November 1st candy sales though.

Hmm might have to skip the costume this year and jump on this wave.

Zekes!

JoJo's is amazing. I got caught up with the manga during the summer. I've only seen the Part 4 anime though, because that's all I cared about

I've been wanting to go as Kid from Kid 'n' Play for years 'cause we both ultra lightskins

No one where I live would know who I was though

Wanna hold $5 for a bus ticket for the 29th? I'm sure someone from around my way will know who we are. Just make sure your hair is on point..

I might. I never got that chance to go as one of the people from Dead Presidents and I got invited to a Halloween party.

LionPride

Banned
I may be going to a Halloween party as a plus 1, if so we're probably doing Rey and Finn

They don't even really touch on gentrification just dance around it.

The treatment of Misty Knight was also pretty bizarre. The early detective scenes with her and Scarf are all kind of bland, directionless, and in some cases just straight up goofy. The show keeps implying that she's a genius at deductive reasoning or something but consistently makes her oblivious to important plot points, making her look like an idiot. She flies off the handle twice, and her carelessness
directly leads to the death of that female witness + Mariah avoiding arrest
. And there's also that terrible episode where she pretty much just explains her entire personality to the audience lmao.

I was so confused by this character. It seemed like they wanted you to think she was really smooth and intelligent, but at the same time they just kept handing her Ls and placing her in bad scenes.

Furyous

I'm about to get paid somewhere about $19 an hour to teach english but they don't know I'm black. Of course I'm going to show up for the bag and explain to them later. Now I'm back to 70+ hour work weeks! Still haven't paid taxes in x years because IRS some hoes. I wish one of them would come for me talking about some back taxes. Back tax bofa. I have very valid reasons for not paying taxes
that I won't get into online for reason.

What I miss round here?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Glad more are seeing it.

Black-GAF, if you have Netflix, you need to watch it. For your own edification.

That kalief browder part just depressed the shit out of me. And hearing that his mother died of a broken heart makes his story that much more tragic

Glad more are seeing it.

Black-GAF, if you have Netflix, you need to watch it. For your own edification.
It pisses me off cause we haven't had a break in this country. Slavery, then Jim Crow, then Nixon, then Reagan, then Bush Sr., then Clinton, then Bush Jr., then Trayvon and now Trump. Like where is all this great change we are supposed to be seeing?

LionPride

Banned
BIg Ups to my homegirl Issa Rae

Because Insecure got me Dead. Dying. Death.
Show is so damn funny. I already love it

My girlfriend was trying to get this same thing going but she's given up on finding a good Rey costume
Being broke high school students, makeshift costumes are just fine. Although I would just need to get a leather jacket where she would need...a lot

I watched the 13th documentary. Shit is sad and the shit runs deep.
I've already convinced two teachers to show it to their respective classes, going on a third

Being broke high school students, makeshift costumes are just fine. Although I would just need to get a leather jacket where she would need...a lot

Lol tons of sheets is my guess. Let me know what she comes up with if you guys go for it.

I've already convinced two teachers to show it to their respective classes, going on a third

Good on you fam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom