• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDes

I kind of want the new Pokemon

Kind of worry that it will fall into the same old beats where I play for a couple of hours, realize I don't really like the game and then go play something else instead though

It pisses me off cause we haven't had a break in this country. Slavery, then Jim Crow, then Nixon, then Reagan, then Bush Sr., then Clinton, then Bush Jr., then Trayvon and now Trump. Like where is all this great change we are supposed to be seeing?
In the eyes of every grandparent that has to look at their mixed race baby

Numb

niggas this pokemon leak is lit lmao
If Litten evolves into a luchador I may be on this

starter-evolutions-litten.jpg

Slayven

Shit, I just remembered Wonder Woman has a thousand year old dragon villain

Devastation

80709-180494-adam-hughes.jpg

She flips betweern being a little girl and a grown woman. And she has evil versions of Wonder Woman's powers

Sch1sm

Sorry Sch1sm, I don't know if I'll buy Gears of War 4. It just looks so boring. I enjoyed what I played of 3 but I think it's a game that I don't really enjoy for the game itself.

Also if y'all don't see me post as much here lately it's because I forgot my GAF password and I can't log in on my new laptop. I can only post on my phone now.

Trying to figure out a really new graphically-intensive game to buy. Can anyone tell me how Mafia III is on PC?

It's okay. If I'm being honest, I had to quit the campaign a few times. I used to be into those never ending, near horde mode Swarms that show up in every room. Now it just bores the shit outta me. I finished it, and the ending was nice (been mixed, really, some people aren't fond of it). I got it free, so I'm not mad, but I wasn't wholly impressed with their overuse of enemies. Plot was fine, typical Gears. Scenery was beautiful compared to older games. But. Eh. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I dunno if they patched their bugs, but there's this video from a couple days after release that illustrated some glitches a PC user encountered. A lot of the negative Steam reviews have to do with these, too

----

Mornin', everyone!

Sch1sm

Morning, y'all.

Moms fell for that nigerian ish. Entire day gonna be spent on ensuring they don't zero out her credit.

Oh, jeez. Have fun with all of that. Assuming she's using a card with zero liability, would that even be covered under it considering she technically gave it up? I dunno.

I had a scare not that long ago, not a scam, but my mother has a secondary credit card on my account and someone tried to buy $83x.xx worth of cosmetics after an initial test transaction of $0.01 on her account at a store beforehand (probably the person's work place). Was lucky my limit is $1000 and we used it a bit that month so the transaction failed. I was called anyway. Was sitting on the bus to work like, "Breh, what? How? She ain't even use this in sketchy places. I expect this shit to happen to me, buying from all these indie sites." :")

Gattsu25

Banned
Oh, jeez. Have fun with all of that. Assuming she's using a card with zero liability, would that even be covered under it considering she technically gave it up? I dunno.

I had a scare not that long ago, not a scam, but my mother has a secondary credit card on my account and someone tried to buy $83x.xx worth of cosmetics after an initial test transaction of $0.01 on her account at a store beforehand (probably the person's work place). Was lucky my limit is $1000 and we used it a bit that month so the transaction failed. I was called anyway. Was sitting on the bus to work like, "Breh, what? How? She ain't even use this in sketchy places. I expect this shit to happen to me, buying from all these indie sites." :")
Debit, Credit, Bank Account, Address, D.O.B., Email Address.

They were posing as televangelists.

Thankfully no passwords but it's the full damned kit minus things like the SSN. So far < $1000 was lost (wired over even though the clerk was warning her that it was a scam). Closed/transferred all accounts so that should be the only immediate damage but there's enough details for them to steal her identity in the future. Going to set up Credit Karma on her phone and show her how to check for any new lines of credit on a weekly basis before I head back home tomorrow.

Entire morning spent on this. Anyway, good that yoyr situation was contained pretty much before it started.

Dai101

Banned
Morning, y'all.

Moms fell for that nigerian ish. Entire day gonna be spent on ensuring they don't zero out her credit.

F U C K

A few months ago the bank called my mom to see if she accepted some charge to her CC, turns out that, somehow, her card got cloned and someone was trying to pay with it an absurd ammount to wich she promptly said "fuck that, i'm not even close where they're trying to charge me".

Long stry short, she could fought for that and other charges they have already done and got off the hook, needless to say it took almost two months for that to happen and she had to still pay the minimum in the meanwhile. In the end the bank refunded her but yeah. scammers can rot in the diablo's culo.

Malyse

It's crazy how much side content there is in Star Wars. Like, they are beating everyone in the expanded universe game. Mainly because Marvel's EU isn't as tied together as Star Wars is (MCU != Comics != Cartoons != Novels != Games), while everything in Star Wars is either legends or canon.

I fell down a Star Wars hole this year. Read TFA novel, both the Darth Vader and Star Wars comics, Aftermath, Life Debt, Rey's Story, Ahsoka, and Bloodline. Bought to start Battlefront Twilight Company.

Also, I'm not sure if I like Graphic Audio or Star Wars audiobooks more.
It's Tuesday. It needs to be Friday.

Morning BCT
Enough vodka will fix that.

Malyse

I'm talking about the people that defend the fact that there are 6 white guys and 1 PoC in the line up by saying It's historically accurate, or an artistic choice

Well, I mean, people defend games that have FUCKING DRAGONS in them with a historical accuracy defense, so I'm not really all that surprised tbqh.

Would love if the teaser was placeholder characters and the trailer was actually for a rag tag group made up of African American former slaves, Native American guides, and some Chinese workers from the transcontinental railroad.

-------

Afternoon folks

It's okay. If I'm being honest, I had to quit the campaign a few times. I used to be into those never ending, near horde mode Swarms that show up in every room. Now it just bores the shit outta me. I finished it, and the ending was nice (been mixed, really, some people aren't fond of it). I got it free, so I'm not mad, but I wasn't wholly impressed with their overuse of enemies. Plot was fine, typical Gears. Scenery was beautiful compared to older games. But. Eh. ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

I dunno if they patched their bugs, but there's this video from a couple days after release that illustrated some glitches a PC user encountered. A lot of the negative Steam reviews have to do with these, too

They got cops walking on water to get at that dude.

I'm not sure if the rampant hilarious bugs make me want the game more or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom