• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

This game is a ton of fun.
Like, it's weird that it's so anime when it was made in China, but i'm having a blast. Will buy on Steam.
Count me in on steam ver
Always down to try games ike these. Love the action
HAHAHAHA. I need to watch this. Holy. Come to Toronto and witness this with me, what the Hell. Numb, man. This shit is gold. :")

E: Real talk, though, the music in this. I like it.
8476292034_4cbb6dc7b3.jpg

But tbh honest they won't release it here like usual with these things
Where you're from – New Jersey
Where you live – Brick City
What is your age? - 27
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy – My father is 75% Haitian and 25% Cuban. My mother is black, white, and Chinese.
Do you know your roots – I somewhat do.
Favorite musical genre – Hip Hop, R&B, Indie Rock, and electronic music. Also whatever sounds good.
Your profession/major/career interest – My career interest is to be a Graphic Designer.
Your religious affiliation – Agnostic
Hobbies -
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? – Popeye’s, never had Churches or Bojangles
Marvel or DC? – DC
Favorite superhero? – The Question
Anime or Nah? – Depends.
Favorite sport and team? – NFL and the NY Giants.
What's your favorite Disney movie? – Between Aladdin and Lion King

Where you're from - Maryland
Where you live - Baltimore
What is your age? - 21
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Don't know the complete specifics, but my parents were both born in Sierra Leone. At the very least I know I'm black af
Do you know your roots - Sorta? Apparently my last name is unique enough that it can be googled. Assuming the info pertaining to it is accurate, it seems that British colonization was a bitch lol
Favorite musical genre - Rap/Hip Hop
Your profession/major/career interest - Screenwriter
Your religious affiliation - Christian
Hobbies - Anime, Video Games, Writing (If I wasn't so lazy anyways)
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeyes
Marvel or DC? - Uhh, Marvel won my heart with the MCU, but overall nothing tops Batman and the like, so ultimately I'd have to say DC
Favorite superhero? - Black Panther atm (2 more years -_-)
Anime or Nah? - Anime for sure
Favorite sport and team? - Soccer, don't have a favorite team though
What's your favorite Disney movie? - Lilo & Stitch
Welcome welcome
Atlanta is almost too funny

Best comedy
Every time Darius shows up you gotta brace yourself for madness

The state of black television is so much better. We have all these choices! It's reminiscent of the 90s, but much broader in scope. You've got Underground, Atlanta, Queen Sugar, Insecure, Black-ish, Greenleaf, Luke Cage, Being Mary Jane, Power, Empire...and I'm sure I'm missing shows. Hell, Doc McStuffins. And I count Scandal and How To Get Away With Murder as well because Shonda, that's why.

And if there is a show you don't like, you don't have to think that you're "letting down the race" if you don't watch it, because there is probably another show that is closer to your own tastes. And if you don't like /any/ of the black shows happening now, there are always reruns of old stuff.

And if you don't like any, any of all of this black media...I don't know what to say. Make your own, I guess?

Sch1sm

That view count and thr future one below it can't be real. There are real rappers that don't hit that high numbers

169m for Travis and 173m for Future since August and September of '15 respectively? It's not like these guys need view bots, they're already hot. Pretty sure Nicki's Anaconda had well over that for its year of play time, too. What's a real rapper, anyway? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8476292034_4cbb6dc7b3.jpg

But tbh honest they won't release it here like usual with these things

Literally what is Sweden good for.

----

Morning!

Johndoey

Banned
That Candle Cove show seems like it'll be pretty solid. I hope it does well I love the concept of expanding a different story every season.

Kreed

I dont have netflix and I have checked out power its a good mix of a black and white cast I liked it

I meant like martin , fresh prince, living single, family matters where the majority of the cast is black with very few if any caucasians. Last black show I liked was dave chappelles show and my wife and kids .

I tried Oprahs network but to me its just black soap operas . Good shows just not for me , but my fam and some classmates love the have and have nots and this new show they got now about corrupt black preachers

You're mostly listing black sitcoms, so I'm assuming you've checked out Black-ish already? I'd also check out the Carmichael Show.

LionPride

Banned
That Fb post makes Zuckerberg sound incredibly weak, he's offering this fucking limp defense for had behavior. Like feel whatever you want but if your releasing a public statement make it stronger than this hemming and hawing crap.

I know I'm preaching to the choir but come on the continued suggestion you can separate Trump's "policies" from his behavior is insane.
Guess it's a good thing it wasn't real

Malyse

Allow me to correct myself: Rae Sloane isn't just a Grand Admiral, she's the leader of the whole goddamn Empire after Palpatine dies.

Mizerman

Wow....

For once I can't even get mad because I wasn't a huge fan of that show either.

I thought Damon Wayans and Tisha Campbell were fine, but the son pretty much kills the show for me

Yeah, Junior got real annoying after they upped the whole "I'm so dumb lolz" part of his character.

Sch1sm

The last 24 hours have to be the largest mood drop of my existence, man, what the hell. On one hand, I got this sweet thing going on at school. On the other, I just go thoroughly screwed by a professor who refuses to go over anything with us, refuses to allow us to talk to TAs (who we don't know, so it's not like we can do it anyway), and throws tenure in students faces.

D i Z

The last 24 hours have to be the largest mood drop of my existence, man, what the hell. On one hand, I got this sweet thing going on at school. On the other, I just go thoroughly screwed by a professor who refuses to go over anything with us, refuses to allow us to talk to TAs (who we don't know, so it's not like we can do it anyway), and throws tenure in students faces.

That sucks. What's the justification for this assholes behavior?

cdyhybrid

You gonna tempt fate and get Civ 6? It looks good, which is why I'm staying away.
Yeah, but not until next year. For one, I'm going to Vegas for New Year's Eve, so I need to save money for that. Two, I want to see if the game is going to suck until an expansion comes out to fix it. Three, I can't pull myself away from WOW right now anyway :p

I'll pick up Civ and the new Pokemon early next year.

Sch1sm

That sucks. What's the justification for this assholes behavior?

He has none. Wrote a test last week, and I was the first out. Apparently people got further instructions after a few of us had already left. He's pretty much refusing to accept that the grading criteria was unfair to students who didn't get that additional info after the fact. Guy's just an asshole, pretty much. Since he's refusing to talk to us, I told him I'd just take it up with the math department. I.e, get another professor to grade it, really. Guy hit us with the, "Okay, go to the department. I have tenure." Mic dropped and started lecture. I'm annoyed, even though my grade is entirely salvageable with the remainder of the term, but he's just being an asshole about it and offering us nothing. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

It's a math course, so. Two of the questions clearly said justify. The third did not. it was a simple question. So I just answered it, didn't explain. Didn't think I had to because it was that easy. Gave me 1 mark for the solution. 😂

You gonna tempt fate and get Civ 6? It looks good, which is why I'm staying away.

I bought Beyond Earth early and only had regret, so I'm waiting until Civ VI gets an expansion to add what may be missing, and I'm gonna buy HoI 4 instead come winter sale since it'll have an expansion by then. 👀

Holy shit, that dude is boss as hell. I want that game too.

Also, I never expected to see the phrase "Hold that L/loss" in a Pokemon game.
Listen to The Dollop on him
http://thedollop.libsyn.com/176-bass-reeves

Championing the fucking PJ's...

...IN 2016
Didn't championing it just saying it tried something

Can't honestly say wife and kids wasn't cookie cutter TV to stay on the air, fuck around and Blackish will get like 40 more Disney eps if it makes it to season 6+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom