• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai101

Banned
Pop rocks and Shasta for all the neighborhood kids, ese..

Go all fuck you and buy

41CFkW59p0L.SX170_SY296_CR,0,0,170,296_PIbundle-24,TopRight,0,0_SX170_SY296_CR,0,0,170,296_SH20_.jpg

Nel homies, let's go high balling

aj0WpVV.jpg

D i Z

The For Honor Open Beta is up.

^^^ When Gordon said that he likes the cold, I assumed he was talking about a tank top in a light snow fall. I guess now we know.

Edit: That Jimmy Walker slide on the way out is killing it, G.

So that thread about favorite black characters on Gaming Side, and the questionable choices some posters gave, really reminded me of DCAU Luthor. I know he's suppose to be "Mediterranean" and "olive skinned",but cmon...I mean, placed next to someone else who is, presumably, definitely black...cmon

3418427-6576896277-03.jp.jpg

So that thread about favorite black characters on Gaming Side, and the questionable choices some posters gave, really reminded me of DCAU Luthor. I know he's suppose to be "Mediterranean" and "olive skinned",but cmon...I mean, placed next to someone else who is, presumably, definitely black...cmon

Nah, never thought that once. This is news to me.

They went to another dimension and found another Robin Hood who isn't perma dead
So you might lose that bet. Plus Aladdin, Jasmine, and Cyrus kinda invalidate your reasoning don't they? But then again Mulan probably confirms it.
People in the stunt casting season don't count. And they forgot about Mulan like they were on some 1 minority only structure

Slayven

I was shook when I found out CB was white. Seeing him in Starship Troopers with that voice had me rewinding the footage.

The reverb from the baritone would crack the earth

I wonder if their kids were ever bad? Like if you got hit with "what the hell is wrong with you?" one good time you would become a priest or nun.

Imagine random folks calling their house and they just say "hello" and people ask if it was god talking

I wonder if their kids were ever bad? Like if you got hit with "what the hell is wrong with you?" one good time you would become a priest or nun.

Imagine random folks calling their house and they just say "hello" and people ask if it was god talking

Imagine one of their kids coming home late, and you just hear that deep, "you know you fucked up" laughter waiting for them.

Nudull

Banned
You ever wonder if grimdark reboots of old stuff is just the natural result of people feeling really insecure about their childhoods?

Did Lupe forget he knows who to rhyme to not doing a shit song like "Promise" if the intention is to have it be shit don't out it on a LP but a mixtape

Riverdale, out here making the black guy a rapist in training with a plot line straight out of Veronica Mars

Archie a near the magical white guy for music for the black women

Yeah he's black. The creators may say otherwise considering they did lighten him in the Justice League cartoons but he was definitely black in Superman TAS.

I can see why people would think that but I always assumed they based their Luthor look off of Telly Savalas (Kojak, Blofeld) off of appearance alone.

and then after some googling apparently Bruce Timm said that's exactly where he got it from. Greek dude.

Laws00

I ALWAYS thought he was black.

I looked up his voice actor too (he isn't) since I was interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom