• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Valentine's Day is oppressive to gaffers.Why celebrate a day when 99% of GAF is single (and will continue to be).

Why not a Not-In-a-Relationship Day instead?

Right, guys?

gu6PIbX.jpg

Kreed

I feel like Valentine's Day is oppressive to gaffers.Why celebrate a day when 99% of GAF is single (and will continue to be).

Why not a Not-In-a-Relationship Day instead?

Right, guys?

Just heard about Galentine's Day on the radio, a holiday based on a day from the show Parks and Rec where single women send themselves cupcakes. Just replace the L with an F and there you go...actually leave that L in there.

Ugh, I have to take a step off from Gaming Side. I'm going to get myself banned on there. I don't know how or when, but it's become full of the most insufferable people I've interacted with in a forum. It's like all rational thought and logic has been thrown out

Anyway, how you doing this morning, fam? Anyone else living in the northeast and dealing with this snow?

Mornin' y'all, for those that are doing something hope you have a crazy sexy cool Vday, and if not, thats alright too. No need to appeal to the pressures of a commercialized holiday that should be everyday.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0MYB9GAwOgSFpnUc/giphy.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

I bought stocks in roses. Get out there and make me rich!!

[quote="UnemployedVillain, post: 230294679"]Ugh, I have to take a step off from Gaming Side. I'm going to get myself banned on there. I don't know how or when, but it's become full of the most insufferable people I've interacted with in a forum. It's like all rational thought and logic has been thrown out

Anyway, how you doing this morning, fam? Anyone else living in the northeast and dealing with this snow?[/QUOTE]

For me it's the Gamestop threads. These people have no idea that the purpose of a business is to try and make money.

Do Better

It's the cover up that always fucks you, and these fools are announcing publicly that it's more important to investigate the source of the leaks. :)

Malyse

Hey, Numb got unbanned!

Now that I think of it, I haven't seen that Ironfist guy in a while. And did The Blacks catch a perm?

That doesn't excuse deception and fucking people over.

Ah right some employees do fuck people over. Out right lying to people isn't the business model, it's what people do to get ahead. That can be said for any industry where people are trying to sell you something.

Remember when everyone HAD to have expensive ass monster cables to really see HD? How about going to buy a used car? If you go to a fast food place and they ask "do you want fries with that?" that's a fucking up sell too.

Sales people are out to hustle you, otherwise they aren't good sales people. The thing is it isn't just Gamestop.

akira28

i was a pretty good sales person, and the only thing I wanted to do was bring value to the customer. and also make a decent commission. but making the customer feel like I took care of them was first and foremost. the idea that sales is all about profits over everything is just a sign of the current troubled economics.

its probably why so many retail models have failed in the last 20 years. Too busy trying to pry dollars from people's hands, those people have just stopped shopping outside and only do amazon or something without human interaction. Can I help you became 'can you help me make a sale', and most customers don't appreciate that.

Ah right some employees do fuck people over. Out right lying to people isn't the business model, it's what people do to get ahead. That can be said for any industry where people are trying to sell you something.

Remember when everyone HAD to have expensive ass monster cables to really see HD? How about going to buy a used car? If you go to a fast food place and they ask "do you want fries with that?" that's a fucking up sell too.

Sales people are out to hustle you, otherwise they aren't good sales people. The thing is it isn't just Gamestop.

No i don't remember the HD cable thing. That fries thing is just on TV and yes we're all aware of the tv cliche of the sleazy used car salesman.
I can't believe you're defending sleazy shit. Hell no and I could do just well myself not resorting to the shit I know other people have done and in the off chance that I ever do any of that stuff I'm against that someone would call my shit out and not defend me. If I do wrong then I do wrong and deserve all the criticism I get.

Numb

Obama's 8 year revenge plot

---

Never grew up with any holiday or special day except one so never really cared for any of them later in life
2 if you count new year's
He change his name more than Diddy

Atleast there is not another with same name but with better proper grammar, Phoenix rising.

No i don't remember the HD cable thing. That fries thing is just on TV and yes we're all aware of the tv cliche of the sleazy used car salesman.
I can't believe you're defending sleazy shit. Hell no and I could do just well myself not resorting to the shit I know other people have done and in the off chance that I ever do any of that stuff I'm against that someone would call my shit out and not defend me. If I do wrong then I do wrong and deserve all the criticism I get.

I'm not defending anything. All I'm saying is they aren't the only ones who do this. If there was a thread in OT about sleazy sale practice fine. But dumping on one company as if they are the only place that does this, and as if this is a norm for said company is bullshit. It's a fucking pawn shop that makes its money off selling used shit and suddenly that's a big issue.

My issue is if you go to those threads people will line up and say "this is why I shop at such and such" mean while that other place is doing the same shit. People hate gamestop because they ask you to sign up for a card but love amazon, mean while there's a fucking banner asking you to sign up for their interest free card. In fact you usually get a pop up asking about the card before you check out

It's the same shit. That's my problem, call out all the bullshit.

I'm not defending anything. All I'm saying is they aren't the only ones who do this. If there was a thread in OT about sleazy sale practice fine. But dumping on one company as if they are the only place that does this, and as if this is a norm for said company is bullshit. It's a fucking pawn shop that makes its money off selling used shit and suddenly that's a big issue.

My issue is if you go to those threads people will line up and say "this is why I shop at such and such" mean while that other place is doing the same shit. People hate gamestop because they ask you to sign up for a card but love amazon, mean while there's a fucking banner asking you to sign up for their interest free card. In fact you usually get a pop up asking about the card before you check out

It's the same shit. That's my problem, call out all the bullshit.

#allbullshitmatters

:p

zeemumu

yup

I still gotta get my girl some sweets or something. Probably won't see her until later this week

I'll order a pizza or something and study for my 2nd physics exam.

I'll burn myself out by the end of this but I can't stop until I feel I've worked hard enough to garner respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom