• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotusHD

Banned
Best Comic Book show on right now, by far, one of my favorite shows period

Like the Netflix shows low-key starting to drop in quality, while each season AoS just gets better. It's just so weird because it's legit 20+ episodes of pure greatness. This episode in particular is fucking with my head so hard lol

Never occurred while watching S1 and 2 that things would be this good

Ever since Winter Soldier we've been blessed

EDIT: It just got better again!

LionPride

Banned
Like the Netflix shows low-key starting to drop in quality, while each season AoS just gets better. It's just so weird because it's legit 20+ episodes of pure greatness. This episode in particular is fucking with my head so hard lol

Ever since Winter Soldier we've been blessed

EDIT: It just got better again!

Daisy, Fitz, Yo-Yo, and Gemma are the GOATS

Shy

tumblr_olr125qm3t1ubcewro1_400.png
FFS.

Beefy

Lindsay Lohan said she was 'racially profiled' at a airport for wesring a hesd scarf. (Aka she was asked to take it off so they could check it was her)

Fucking smh

LotusHD

Banned
BRUH!!

Why niggas in the DCEU thread tryna tell me Gotham is quality????

AHHHHHH

No one will ever get me to watch Gotham again. Honestly, I dunno why I bothered watching a show that doesn't have Batman in it. I'm sure it's somewhat better now, but like... I'm good.

LionPride

Banned
It has some decent moments, haven't watched since season 2, but I like Penguin and the aesthetic of the show.

No, it's not good, it's bad. Very very bad, the characters are trash, the acting is trash, it ain't that good cinematography wise, there are no redeeming qualities

shingi70

Banned
No, it's not good, it's bad. Very very bad, the characters are trash, the acting is trash, it ain't that good cinematography wise, there are redeeming qualities

I didn't say it was quality, I just like they're take on the penguin and the overall timeless setting.

Beyond that stuff I'm not a fan of the show being batman without batman.

Malyse

... I think i'm missing something here? Are we upset over this?

They label the 12 year old African girl genius as evil, color her eyes red, and putted goddamn devil horns on her within four hours of her being announced are you're not seeing a problem?

Happy Black History Month indeed.

Plus, watch the video, it's... something (I wish I hadn't).

Obviously it's minor in the grand scheme of things, but since this is a gaming forum that loses it's shit every time a black person isn't just background noise in a video game.

Yeah it should at least get attention for existing because these attitudes are all over.

akira28

Future super villain.

DD has been on the most likely to join the Empire short list since...a while now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJUmwWHtSHE
I always die laughing when the congos come in to play

They label the 12 year old African girl genius as evil, color her eyes red, and putted goddamn devil horns on her within four hours of her being announced are you're not seeing a problem?

we all know real evil came with Columbus, and it never left. Those men were the true denizens of hell, who came to rape a natural paradise. I won't even pay the person who thought this up any mind. But I will pay attention to those that do.

Village

.. Given the info released along with the fake interview... she could actually be a bad guy? Or at least chaotic neutral , the doom fist was stolen, by another party and the hint was " it would make a great robot part " and she if what they are suggesting stole a museum, artifact. That might not make her a bad guy, but that would be, a bad thing. And should could possibly be a " bad guy " or at least whatever junk rat and Roadhog are. I mean its real easy to set up, secretly evil genious kid. Hell she's good with robotics reaper says " doomfist should do his own dirty work " in the game, she could have set up talon and overwatch to show up cause a distraction and stole the doomfist herself. There is also the sombra eye web connection thing that has been spreading around.

There is a lot of side eye worthy fucked up bullshit on youtube, trust me.

But you know... this fictional character could actually... you know be evil. Her being 12 years old, a genius or african. She could be a bad guy... that's it. Or at least a tiny tina-esque chaotic nuetral.

If that video is racist or the channel is notably racist, please inform me. I'm trying to give this person the benifit of the doubt, I haven't watched the video. Please tell me if i'm wrong here. I'll know what channel to avoid when looking for overwtach lore discussions. But if you havent.

This doesn't really seem like anything at all.

akira28

This doesn't really seem like anything at all.

all of that can be cool. but make her look like a demon with red eyes and horns, why?

"it doesn't even matter"

what if it did?

and I happen to like tiny tina(that whole debacle was its own mess, with race inexplicably injected), and wouldn't find need to do her like they're doing new girl here.

Village

all of that can be cool. but make her look like a demon with red eyes and horns, why?

"it doesn't even matter"

what if it did?

and I happen to like tiny tina(that whole debacle was its own mess, with race inexplicably injected), and wouldn't find need to do her like they're doing new girl here.

I don't really see the problem with the red eyes and horns? Its a common thing to do when suggesting a person is evil, you draw of a photo?

I don't know man. I'm not upset.

This isn't eliciting any emotion out of me.

akira28

I don't know man. I'm not upset.

This isn't eliciting any emotion out of me.

I'm ok with that. I'm not really a fan of the "common" demonization though. I tend to expect bullshit first, before benefits of doubt get weighed, when it comes to game media and discussion. Yeah I know devil angel imagery, whaever. sometimes it seems a bit much, and a bit too well focused.

they could have just asked the questions, but hey why not do extra?

Village

Hey man, I feel you right. In a world of popular LPers blaming the media for disney not liking their antisemetic " humor". And Jontron loosing is fucking mind. I get you , folks on fuck shit. We are on high fuck shit alert watch. As far as the thumbnail goes problably just wanted something easily communicable and something that could get clicks. I don't tihnk its a good thumbnail , there are more funnier ways to communicate the thing that guy was trying to communicate. But I don't think , again I have not watched this video, the intent was ill.

But I don't blame you for being on alert, we all are.

akira28

yah that cropped image was the first picture of her I saw. My first reaction was "tha fuck is that? what is up with those red eyes." It seemed grotesque, and again, I hadn't seen any other pics so my first impression was that was the original design, and it was not a good impression.

then I see its just some crudely drawn horns and red eyes on a badly edited image.

so it's not really a "thing" but it is its own thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom