• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it good? I never played any of the Mario RPGs other than the first and Thousand Year Door.

My username came from it, so my answer is yes.

It's probably the best Mario game in a lot of ways: creativity, upending expectations, humor, originality, making use of the wider Mario universe, and it's just overall continually surprising. It throws the conventions of the series out the window.

Nudull

Banned
Yea it was great. I still remember playing it with my friend on the Gamecube. Good times.

And I really hope that if they make another Paper Mario game, they'd go back to their roots, but we all know that won't happen... Sigh.

A shame that Paper Mario fell from grace. The original was a shining light on a mostly RPG-less N64, and Thousand-Year Door proved to be one of the best sequels in gaming.

LotusHD

Banned
A shame that Paper Mario fell from grace. The original was a shining light on a mostly RPG-less N64, and Thousand-Year Door proved to be one of the best sequels in gaming.

I just will never get it. It's one of my favorite games ever, and I'm sure a lot of people felt similarly, and yet they just keep going further and further from it with each entry. Well okay, Super Paper Mario was the furthest, but Sticker Star and Color Splash aren't any good either. Color Splash in particular was really disappointing because the writing and visuals were both incredibly on point, but I couldn't justify buying it because the battle system was so mediocre.

Zekes!

I just will never get it. It's one of my favorite games ever, and I'm sure a lot of people felt similarly, and yet they just keep going further and further from it with each entry. Well okay, Super Paper Mario was the furthest, but Sticker Star and Color Splash aren't any good either. Color Splash in particular was really disappointing because the writing and visuals were both incredibly on point, but I couldn't justify buying it because the battle system was so mediocre.

I think the charm of the Paper Mario games is still definitely there, but they need to combine it with good gameplay again. It was incredibly disappointed when I heard (and learned why) they basically only used Toads for characters in Color Splash

LotusHD

Banned
I think the charm of the Paper Mario games is still definitely there, but they need to combine it with good gameplay again. It was incredibly disappointed when I heard (and learned why) they basically only used Toads for characters in Color Splash

Yea I heard/read all the dumb reasonings. Every time I think about it, I get annoyed. I think Paper Mario is the only series where I lowkey just irrationally hope new entries fail. Well, I hope that with the assumption that'd be the only thing that could potentially make them go back to TTYD-esque games.
It probably won't.
It's just awkward, because I certainly don't want to buy the new games, but at the same time, if anything, hoping they fail would likely sooner make them stop making Paper Mario games altogether. Then of course, no one would win...

At any rate, they're clearly going to be keep doing what they're doing, basically just gotta hope they'll at least find something new that actually seems like fun to play, like Super Paper Mario, which wasn't so bad. But hey, maybe I'm actually in the minority, and people actually do want them to keep on trucking.

this damn white girl at work is a damn tease, has a bf, but wont stop rubbing up on me
even my hair!
, and mouthing expletives in my ear..

im trying to resist guys :(

Is that like a 75% discount?

It was part of their "garage sale," where they let any and all employees rummage through shit they have in the back. Old Club Nintendo gifts, 40'' TVs/monitors, Gamecubes, shovelware (and lots of it!), and the occasional actual rare game. They only ever announced one while I was working there, and the big things I got were BIS for $5 and a new, in box N3DSXL for $40. I got other stuff too, but those were the ones I was most happy to get.

Slayven

It's not like he'd literally play nothing else ever lol
Yeah, Switch's lineup is dry as fuck
It was part of their "garage sale," where they let any and all employees rummage through shit they have in the back. Old Club Nintendo gifts, 40'' TVs/monitors, Gamecubes, shovelware (and lots of it!), and the occasional actual rare game. They only ever announced one while I was working there, and the big things I got were BIS for $5 and a new, in box N3DSXL for $40. I got other stuff too, but those were the ones I was most happy to get.

But you can't loan a brother 20 dollars

Numb

I thought Skyward Sword was on Wii U?
Only the remake of Wind Waker i believe. Still got it at my library wonder if i should play it again
be3663efef4ecaba05ce9d337c0b56a1.png

told ya i regretted it

also i forgot what the fuck we couldn't say now as of this year and now afraid i'll accidently type it in a thread so i might be going to sleep to stop myself

Not coming here anyway -_-
Maybe you'll get away with stars in it. Night

Johndoey

Banned
North Korea on coal ban: China 'dancing to tune of US'

North Korea has lashed out at its only real ally, accusing China of "dancing to the tune of the US" over its decision not to import any more coal from the country.
Without naming China, KCNA, North Korea's official state news agency, said Thursday a "neighboring country" had taken "inhumane steps" to block trade.
On Friday, the Global Times, a provocative state-sanctioned tabloid, shot back. It said the ban had "left Pyongyang reeling with pain and fury."

Coal is North Korea's main export and an important source of foreign currencies for its fragile economy. Most of North Korea's exported coal is shipped to China -- its main ally and economic benefactor.
"This country, styling itself a big power, is dancing to the tune of the US while defending its mean behavior with such excuses that it was meant not to have a negative impact on the living of the people in the DPRK but to check its nuclear program," the KCNA report said

Sup y'all

Got into a shouting match on Facebook with 3 white dudes trying to explain how a walking dead tee shirt wasn't offensive.

"This offends you, but it shouldn't! Let me explain why my point of you makes more sense than yours."

Sch1sm

In Canada do they call Canadian bacon, just bacon?

Nah. Bacon is bacon. Never heard anyone refer to what you guys think is Canadian bacon as just bacon.

That sort comes from the back of a pig, so they call it back bacon (or peameal bacon). Iirc, even that cut is cured &a salted so it resembles actual bacon. Only reason it's called Canadian bacon is because we exported it to the US for a period, and because it's cut from a different place on the pig.

If you were to go to a breakfast joint here and ask for bacon, you'll get the bacon you're used to getting, honestly. Never seen someone get different.

---

Morning, BCT.

Okay question, when making cereal, do you put the milk in first or the cereal?

I'm asking this because apparently, people put the milk in first before the cereal. That's so weird......

Nah. Bacon is bacon. Never heard anyone refer to what you guys think is Canadian bacon as just bacon.

That sort comes from the back of a pig, so they call it back bacon (or peameal bacon). Iirc, even that cut is cured &a salted so it resembles actual bacon. Only reason it's called Canadian bacon is because we exported it to the US for a period, and because it's cut from a different place on the pig.

If you were to go to a breakfast joint here and ask for bacon, you'll get the bacon you're used to getting, honestly. Never seen someone get different.

---

Morning, BCT.

Mornin'

It should just be called ham honestly. Peameal sandwiches are pretty good 😋

zeemumu

103 reviews later and Get Out is still sitting at a 100%

I...damn. I might have plans tomorrow but I need to check and see if I've got time in between to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom