• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizerman

RAWUfBD.jpg

Wouldn't be surprised if they pulled that.

I turned 33 today.
feels like 32

Happy b-day!

Happy born day Fyre!
Jidenna sure is obsessed with Africa and tribes and shit..
He's from Nigeria it makes sense.
Bambi is my shit though....
I can't with the Hilary thread. Madness...
Nothing was learned, and nothing to be gained by needing moderates behind monitors. /
That's the joke of it all. Moderates behind monitors.
They earned a Trump presidency.
Bigger isn't exactly better when it comes to Bioware. I'm still not really hyped for Mass Effect yet.

LotusHD

Banned
I turned 33 today.
feels like 32

Also Nintendo just needs to let people choose skin color and gender for Link. Outside of text pronouns his gender isn't required for the stories in any of the games.

Happy birthday!

I mean the chances of Nintendo making a Zelda game with a female Link is exceedingly low so I suppose you won't have to compromise.

I'm just saying, the last thing I want is the fanbase bickering over which is the canon Link in said game/timeline. It's a much stronger statement to just go all out with a female Link if they were to ever do that. Plus doing the whole create-a-character, especially after the first game that doesn't let you rename Link, I'm not really feeling it tbh

Creating a female link is the same as replacing link with another character. I know that sounds stupid, but follow me. Remove Link, and replace him with a completely different character. Is it still TLOZ for people?
Is this now the same game that people can play over and over like reliving a Christmas memory each year as they age, while their perspectives shift slightly?
This is what it means to people when they are "threatened" with a female link. This is why Nintendo is stuck. If the devs had any stones, they would have had other heroes long ago so that this would have never been an issue. It's the boy in the woods story. They know it, and their bankable audience knows it.

I have no idea how they change this short of younger leadership kicking the old guard out of the way. Old money like their old ways.

I mean, I guess. I recall one dude off of GameFAQs saying his childhood would be ruined if they ever did that, even going so far as to say it'd be misandry to do that. Just reminded me of Ghostbusters all over again. It's just dumb because it obviously wouldn't be a permanent thing, and their favorite games wouldn't disappear either. And any fan that didn't buy the next game because of a fender swap is childish IMO, but whatever.

I agree that they are stuck in a sense, but damn, it would be nice. Playable Zelda would be dope at least, it'd be that middle ground that no one could complain about. I think...

Merc_

We don't even need scores for angry posting about Zelda. The preview thread keeps getting people who seem to be real mad that folks like the game. They're reaching for anything that will give them an excuse to shit on the game. It's not even game time and folks are already pressed and I love it.

LotusHD

Banned
We don't even need scores for angry posting about Zelda. The preview thread keeps getting people who seem to be real mad that folks like the game. They're reaching for anything that will give them an excuse to shit on the game. It's not even game time and folks are already pressed and I love it.

From PS2 Graphics accusations to getting mad over barrel placement, it's pretty amusing

I think MS made statements before saying there would not be any exclusive games but I agree with you, I don't see why people would flock to the Scorpio if devs could not focus on pushing out the most for the Scorpio. The Xbox One will just hold the Scorpio back.
It's a master plan to take the worse way to get out of the console business. Give people on weak xbone a option to play the game in higher resolution and frame rate or pay to play it on the Scorpio in shitty quality than the windows way (which is all 3 ways aka the holy trinity of stupidity)

D i Z

Happy birthday!

I'm just saying, the last thing I want is the fanbase bickering over which is the canon Link in said game/timeline. It's a much stronger statement to just go all out with a female Link if they were to ever do that. Plus doing the whole create-a-character, especially after the first game that doesn't let you rename Link, I'm not really feeling it tbh

I mean, I guess. I recall one dude off of GameFAQs saying his childhood would be ruined if they ever did that, even going so far as to say it'd be misandry to do that. Just reminded me of Ghostbusters all over again. It's just dumb because it obviously wouldn't be a permanent thing, and their favorite games wouldn't disappear either. And any fan that didn't buy the next game because of a fender swap is childish IMO, but whatever.

I agree that they are stuck in a sense, but damn, it would be nice. Playable Zelda would be dope at least, it'd be that middle ground that no one could complain about. I think...

They should do it, but they don't believe that the audience is bigger than their view.
If they thought the numbers were in their favor, they would.
The would be's, and could be's don't need the amount of times that this same "Nintendo please" conversation comes up. Do something different if you feel strongly about it.
Stop buying from them, and tell them why you stopped if you want a shot at it actually happening. Just be honest about what you want.

That orgasm thread really got to you, huh?
What? I didn't mean I want to fuck a female Link. I meant I don't want that shit.

I turned 33 today.
feels like 32

Damn you old as fuck! my birthday was a few days ago too. I was pretty mad though. Went out to eat at Smokey Bones, but my cousins and aunts showed up late, but that ain't nothing new, but it took forever for our food to come out. Several other people got theirs before us. We were there from 6:30pm and got out at like 9:30 a couple peoples food didn't come out right. Mom and I complained to the manager and managed to get 20% off everyone's tickets.

I had some honey bun cake too, but that dinner was ridiculous. I been there before but they never took that long.

Creating a female link is the same as replacing link with another character. I know that sounds stupid, but follow me. Remove Link, and replace him with a completely different character. Is it still TLOZ for people?
Is this now the same game that people can play over and over like reliving a Christmas memory each year as they age, while their perspectives shift slightly?
This is what it means to people when they are "threatened" with a female link. This is why Nintendo is stuck. If the devs had any stones, they would have had other heroes long ago so that this would have never been an issue. It's the boy in the woods story. They know it, and their bankable audience knows it.

I have no idea how they change this short of younger leadership kicking the old guard out of the way. Old money like their old ways.
Create a character that looks just like Link, call it a black/Iranian female and spell Link Lyank

zeemumu

DAMN. DAMN. That movie was great.

Everyone wants to be black, but no one wants to b-..oh, OH NOOOOOOO

Rod was the secret best character

hwalker84

I'm going to cross post my Get Out feelings:

Being 1 of 6 Black people in my graduating class this movie hit way to close to fears I've had as a black man growing up in the neighborhood I did. The streets looked just like my neighborhood. I've been in these exact same situations. I've gone to meet the parents not terrified they wouldn't like me because I'm dating their daughter but terrified because I don't know how they'll react because I'm black. Going to these weird ass parties out in the woods where I'm like 1 of 1 black guy. Studying the exits. Developing a strategy if something went south. Sitting in the seat gripping the armrests with my imagination running wild. By mid movie I wasn't just watching the film I was in the film i was part of it. I was the protagonist. My heart was racing. I was gripping the theater seat. Readjusting. I can't think of a scene I'd remove or a scene that I feel should've been added. Horror movies don't do shit for me. This though. This was absolutely terrifying. I had to get a drink afterwards.

cinco

I turned 33 today.
feels like 32

Also Nintendo just needs to let people choose skin color and gender for Link. Outside of text pronouns his gender isn't required for the stories in any of the games.

Hbd birthday buddy! I turned 37 yesterday, and I still feel like I'm in my late 20s mentally - this body however knows each and every day that has passed.

I just discovered today I can do a great Beetlejuice impression. Adding that to my ability to do Phil Hartman, Zapp Brannigan, Shaggy, Tommy Wiseau, Christopher Walken, Paul Lynde, Richard Ayoade, and Orson Welles.

Beefy

I just discovered today I can do a great Beetlejuice impression. Adding that to my ability to do Phil Hartman, Zapp Brannigan, Shaggy, Tommy Wiseau, Christopher Walken, Paul Lynde, Richard Ayoade, and Orson Welles.

Reminds me that Beetlejuice 2 looks like it's happening.

Happy Birthday Fyre and good morning BCT

Deadlift day done. The weather is so great right now, RIP the future, and I can't wait to walk around soon with my pup and gf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom