• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

andthebeatgoeson

Fuck Nas

Justin Timberlake has had three good, great, and good albums. Like, FutureSex/LoveSounds is one of the best pop albums since 2000.

Justin Timberlake has had Pharell and Timbaland make phenomenal music for him to sing over.

Dude's great as a musician
His attitude towards the Janet incident is trash, doe. But keep caping for a dude who cares not for your black ass.

He's only here to take from the culture.
explore_landing_trolls.png

Guess which one is the minority troll with the accent? I got tired of the shucking and jiving.

latest

Yes, this is the buck tooth, jive talking face of a black troll. Or what the makers of this movie think we look like. Timberlake helped make this movie. He starred in it. He wrote a song for this movie. He executive produced this movie.

Out of all this input, none of his 'black' side said, 'hole up'. None of his 'black' side paused and thought. His only black side is to cash a check based on our music or grab our women on stage and rip her clothes off and let her take the heat or never admit his wrong. You think he really likes Timbaland or just wants those beats?

Go watch that movie and tell me that character ain't dancing.

The minute Timberlake was challenged in Janet, just recently, he showed his ass. So fuck him. For all his talent, he don't care about black people.

His attitude towards the Janet incident is trash, doe. But keep caping for a dude who cares not for your black ass.

Guess which one is the minority troll with the accent? I got tired of the shucking and jiving.

latest

Yes, this is the buck tooth, jive talking face of a black troll. Or what the makers of this movie think we look like. Timberlake helped make this movie. He starred in it. He wrote a song for this movie. He executive produced this movie.

Out of all this input, none of his 'black' side said, 'hole up'. None of his 'black' side paused and thought. His only black side is to cash a check based on our music or grab our women on stage and rip her clothes off and let her take the heat or never admit his wrong. You think he really likes Timbaland or just wants those beats?.

Isn't that Ron Funches' character?

LionPride

Banned

latest

Out of all this input, none of his 'black' side said, 'hole up'. None of his 'black' side paused and thought. His only black side is to cash a check based on our music or grab our women on stage and rip her clothes off and let her take the heat or never admit his wrong. You think he really likes Timbaland or just wants those beats?

Go watch that movie and tell me that character ain't dancing.

The minute Timberlake was challenged in Janet, just recently, he showed his ass. So fuck him. For all his talent, he don't care about black people.
That's a fair reason to dislike him, I won't ever disagree.

But uh...Summer Love goes hard as fuck

I've acknowledged my own hypocrisy when it comes to this type of shit. I'll listen to JT because the nigga makes phenomenal music and hasn't done anything too bad himself.

Shit I listen to John Meyer and he said nigger straight up, I know I'm a hypocrite, don't really care sometimes.

I think he likes Timbaland since he's had him produce all three of his damn albums. I think JT is a dumbass for how he's handled the Janet shit since then, but I. Don't. Care.

I mean I was asking though. It wasn't an unwanted push.

Edit: What? I haven't finished the whole thing, but it sounded like you like it.

I can say I'm really feeling it though.

I realized after I wrote it that some would see "can't". I was referring to the fact that there's only so much I'm allowed to say about it ahead of the review embargo.

D i Z

I realized after I wrote it that some would see "can't". I was referring to the fact that there's only so much I'm allowed to say about it ahead of the review embargo.

I had some questions about how you felt that people would take to it. Probably best left until the embargo is gone.

Zekes!

Austin Walker is throwing everything not Zelda into the bushes because he's so jazzed about it. Waypoint ain't got time for anything else from here on out.

Yeah I was caught off guard by the latest Waypoint podcast. I think of all the impressions I heard, his got me the most hyped because I know he can be hard to impress sometimes. I know he wasn't feeling Horizon

LotusHD

Banned

You scared me for a second there lol

Yeah I was caught off guard by the latest Waypoint podcast. I think of all the impressions I heard, his got me the most hyped because I know he can be hard to impress sometimes. I know he wasn't feeling Horizon

Low-key had me thinking what my thoughts would be when I play it way after I get through Zelda and Nier. At any rate, the games need space.

D i Z

What I'm rolling around in my head is that Zelda went to a place that people usually kiss their teeth at. It's about time I say. Who will go kicking and screaming.. who will transition?
Should be interesting.

I had some questions about how you felt that people would take to it. Probably best left until the embargo is gone.

Well, from the first five hours, I can tell you that it's equal parts the original Zelda, Link Between Worlds, and some great stuff from modern open-world titles. I think at times it'll be too hard for the average, mainstream consumer. There are some spikes here and there. It's also very easy to wander off an think you're doing something the hard way, instead of another easier method. It's very freeform.

D i Z

Well, from the first five hours, I can tell you that it's equal parts the original Zelda, Link Between Worlds, and some great stuff from modern open-world titles. I think at times it'll be too hard for the average, mainstream consumer. There are some spikes here and there. It's also very easy to wander off an think you're doing something the hard way, instead of another easier method. It's very freeform.

That about lines up with what I've heard. The thinking around a problem might trip some people up. And that's before combat considerations with several opponents.

Edit: Won't ask for more from you. I'll wait to read what you have to say later.

MH, how does the Switch feel in your hands? Good for 2D games?

It feels a bit long. It's surprisingly light, but you'll find yourself adjusting and holding it a bit differently than a 3DS or Vita.

One problem is it feels premium as fuck, so I'm always afraid of dropping it, unlike my 3DS. Perhaps that'll pass with time.

It feels a bit long. It's surprisingly light, but you'll find yourself adjusting and holding it a bit differently than a 3DS or Vita.

One problem is it feels premium as fuck, so I'm always afraid of dropping it, unlike my 3DS. Perhaps that'll pass with time.
Does the touch function have any utility at all or do you feel like it's just there to be there? Curious as to how, well, fully functional ymit feels but since none of the online stuff is added till the day 1 patch I don't expect an answer other than "gotta wait and see".

Does the touch function have any utility at all or do you feel like it's just there to be there? Curious as to how, well, fully functional ymit feels but since none of the online stuff is added till the day 1 patch I don't expect an answer other than "gotta wait and see".

It's used sparingly in the UI. Not in Zelda. Really feels like an afterthought.

D i Z

The Oscars are like white stars that got backlash this year get low key support. It's like adjusting the books for earners who haven't been that stable.

It's used sparingly in the UI. Not in Zelda. Really feels like an afterthought.
Figured as much, feels like they wanted this to be a tablet but decided at the last minute to drop all that and just have it function as a screen. Hopefully screen protectors are cheap.

Thanks for the info.

I loved it, was heavy handed as fuck but I loved it

And it gets away with using something else as an allegory because ya know, it was animals and not people and fantasy races
I like Zootopia, but I'm never quite sure about it. I'm not sure about using taking animals as a stand-in for race, but I agree that the message is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom