• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

shingi70

Banned
I can't tell if that was legit fuck up, or warren was going to try and pass la la land as the winner.

Also people are stupid, dude on twitter I don't want politics in my entertainment while having a Star Wars avatar.

zeemumu

I don't know if that was a Steve Harvey moment because it looked like he was straight up given the wrong card. That's probably why he was so hesitant in reading it. The woman with him was the one to blurt it out.

It's not like they could actually get away with that, right? Right?!

Rr6o2TX.gif

cdyhybrid

I don't know if that was a Steve Harvey moment because it looked like he was straight up given the wrong card. That's probably why he was so hesitant in reading it. The woman with him was the one to blurt it out.

It's not like they could actually get away with that, right? Right?!

That's what he said. He had the Best Actress card so he just assumed it was supposed to be La La Land instead of Emma Stone.

zeemumu

It wasn't a botch. That doesn't happen.

Nah, I'm pretty sure it was. Warren looks confused as hell when he gets the card. That's why he gives it to Faye to read. Even if they knew exactly what they were doing, they'd need the academy to be in on it to get away with it, and if they were in on it then those guys wouldn't have rushed the stage to correct it.

D i Z

Nah, I'm pretty sure it was. Warren looks confused as hell when he gets the card. That's why he gives it to Faye to read. Even if they knew exactly what they were doing, they'd need the academy to be in on it to get away with it, and if they were in on it then those guys wouldn't have rushed the stage to correct it.

You should look up what kind of security they have for the cards and statues. What I'm saying is that it was by design. Not a mistake. The fastest way to drive a wedge between people is to divide them on what they hope to accomplish.

LionPride

Banned
The envelope said Best Actress in a leading Role, the card said her name, Beaty read that shit four times, knew it was wrong, handed it to Faye, and she read the movie name with a quickness

Warren knew it was wrong, but didn't say shit because he a professional I guess, didn't wanna bust person out who fucked up

Welp...

D i Z

She saw the title La La Land under Emma Stone's name and just assumed that La La Land won.

I think you're still not following the trail that I'm on. Tomorrow morning there will be enough asteriks to show what just happened.
The discredit game is strong.

D i Z

Is it a chem trail?

Are you saying that chemical trails do not exist? ( I know what you mean, it's an aerodynamic joke) lol

I can see how this is going to cut into my time spent elsewhere. I think I've thrown enough counter points out there. The reality is what we get to live with tomorrow.

The president lies about new clothes, half the country is trying to goad us into some shit. And I'm the one that's crazy. LOL

I'm not that much into conspiracies but I could see this as an effort for them to go "see your black movie won now shit up" while also making sure it never happens again thanks to this fuckery

LionPride

Banned
I'm not that much into conspiracies but I could see this as an effort for them to go "see your black movie won now shit up" while also making sure it never happens again thanks to this fuckery

Nah, it seemed like it was honestly just a fuck up, I didn't think Moonlight was gonna win for various reasons, but a black film will win again in the next 10 years. Which seems like a long time, but knowing the Oscars...we may get lucky to have 3 black films nominated for best pic in that time frame. Maybe a Latino/Hispanic one too

cdyhybrid

Are you saying that chemical trails do not exist? ( I know what you mean, it's an aerodynamic joke) lol

I can see how this is going to cut into my time spent elsewhere. I think I've thrown enough counter points out there. The reality is what we get to live with tomorrow.

The president lies about new clothes, half the country is trying to goad us into some shit. And I'm the one that's crazy. LOL

It's shitty all around, for sure. I just don't see why they'd go through such an elaborate set-up to do such a thing on purpose.

D i Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom