• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

akira28

newp. Dominoes near me is crap. But there is one off Hawaii Ave in NE DC that is on point. The one out my way has the bulletproof glass out front, and a single plastic chair. Feel like I'm trying to cash a check in the hood or something.

newp. Dominoes near me is crap. But there is one off Hawaii Ave in NE DC that is on point. The one out my way has the bulletproof glass out front, and a single plastic chair. Feel like I'm trying to cash a check in the hood or something.

Okay. Quality may vary. But the one near me is incredible.

Drewsan

Neo Member
Cause Killer Mike rich and can fuck off somewhere and live off his album sales while the rest of the country is sent to hell.

Hate all these celebs talking alllllll this shit only to do jack shit for follow through.

killer mike is NOT rich by any stretch, just FYI. dude clears about 60k a year, according to an interview he gave a year or two ago. underground hip-hop isn't the cash cow it was a decade ago. he may clear a little more than that this year, but remember, that album was released for free

akira28

all the white people moved out in the 90s, and took their mom and pop pizza shops with them. But we do have 3 or 4 within walking distace places where you can get a fried fish sandwich or some crabs, lol.

all the white people moved out in the 90s, and took their mom and pop pizza shops with them. But we do have 3 or 4 within walking distace places where you can get a fried fish sandwich or some crabs, lol.

http://petesapizza.com

Only pizza I eat that isn't my own. Expensive, but fucking worth every penny..give them a try and get back to me. Though, not sure if they fucks with NE..

killer mike is NOT rich by any stretch, just FYI. dude clears about 60k a year, according to an interview he gave a year or two ago. underground hip-hop isn't the cash cow it was a decade ago. he may clear a little more than that this year, but remember, that album was released for free

Great..still an asshole..

G'morning all. I had chest day at the gym. Today I'm hoping to practice R coding and update my resume.

I'm going to hit up the career center at my alma mater to connect with potential employers.

Dear diary..
Did you type that with them baby soft fingers?

aid885288-728px-Make-Your-Hands-Soft-Like-a-Baby-Step-9-Version-3.jpg

FyreWulff

Educating people on white supremacist shit. Sometimes I'm still amazed that people aren't aware neo nazis have a whole code system, ideological lore, and are massively organized and funded. They have standing fucking militias ready to go in the US, there's certain ranches that the US govt can't enter because they don't want to make martyrs but they prevent them from moving any more outward and it's not really in the news. They even continually make attempts to infiltrate the military and recruit from within.

"What IPAs do you have on tap?"

When I visited Portland I swear the only thing you can drink there is IPA or kombucha

Educating people on white supremacist shit. Sometimes I'm still amazed that people aren't aware neo nazis have a whole code system, ideological lore, and are massively organized and funded.

It's not so much that they aren't aware, it's that they walk around with blinders to ignore what's in right next to them and only focus on what's important to them. Terrible human trait.

andthebeatgoeson

Taxi cab takes a one hour break and people ready to claim taxis aren't racist and bigoted.

I'm like, hunh? When that happen? Uber can fuck off but I'm more likely to get an Uber than a taxi. Taxis can fuck off for 50 years.

Anybody use lyft and why aren't they as bad as Uber, in terms of worker compensation?

FyreWulff

It's not so much that they aren't aware, it's that they walk around with blinders to ignore what's in right next to them and only focus on what's important to them. Terrible human trait.

And that behavior makes it even more infuriating when they hold water for neo nazis speech being megaphoned. It's like you're helping someone who's being bankrolled to say what they did. It's not an equal platform to regular citizens.

Slayven

4 week from launch and folks are not sure there will be a friend's list on the switch or it will be only on the cellphone app.

SMH

And that behavior makes it even more infuriating when they hold water for neo nazis speech being megaphoned. It's like you're helping someone who's being bankrolled to say what they did. It's not an equal platform to regular citizens.

Yep. The FBI has been warning folks for 20+ years about white supremacists infiltrating the police and the military, and how there's parts of western states we can't go into.

Meanwhile our black army looks like:

uKy9EWW.jpg

Found the time I took a picture of that painting. Of course i was in Harlem on 125th and Malcolm X.

4 week from launch and folks are not sure there will be a friend's list on the switch or it will be only on the cellphone app.

SMH

Wouldn't the obvious answer be the cellphone app? Why would they split that shit into two separate things? Then again, why'd they pull this phone only nonsense..

shingi70

Banned

SMH

It's crazy how people are defending it. Like six months before the launch we knew nearly everything there was to know about the PS4 and Xbox One expect some policy issues.

Slayven

It's crazy how people are defending it. Like six months before the launch we knew nearly everything there was to know about the PS4 and Xbox One expect some policy issues.

Mainly because Sony and MS wasn't acting like Online Gaming was brand new and went with something that been standard for 10+ years

SMH

Lord just let this thing have streaming apps so I only have to worry about 1 device at this woman's crib.

When I visited Portland I swear the only thing you can drink there is IPA or kombucha

Can't go drinking with none of ya'll..

Any Whisky that people tend to mix is not good Whisky

Theres truth in here. I stopped mixing whiskey, only on an occasion will have Jameson and ginger ale.

FyreWulff

I'm pretty sure Nintendo's lawyers designed that shit.

Nintendo has one of the most paranoid legal teams on the planet.

It's the only thing that explains how a company that at a technical level a has invented a lot of technically advanced stuff or adopted future standardsbeyond it's peers has the worst online implementation.

Under their belt:
The entire Point of Sale serial number registration system consoles use? Yeah, invented by Nintendo, at a time when 99% of products were still using mail in cards. The other consoles license it.

Had real time streaming of games with full voice acting on the SNES in Japan.
Let people buy a blank flash cart and download games to it in Japan for the SNES.
Planned an internet enabled addon to the N64 to download game code and play online (didn't pan out, but still) IIRC both C&C 64 and Starcraft 64 were supposed to use it too.
Was the first console maker to ship an add on to a console that DOUBLED it's RAM (seriously.. not even the PS4Pro did that)
Was the first console maker to ship cell phone internet game modes in a game (Pokemon Silver in Japan)
Was the first console maker to ship a camera (Game Boy Camera)
Was the first console maker to ship a microphone (I think the SNES is their only console to not have one in any region)
Was the first console maker to drop proprietary memory with the Wii (SDcard). Sony got halfway there with HDDs on PS3 and finally 100% there with PS4. Microsoft got there with the One (halfway on the 360)

Was the first console maker to ship an actual good touch screen. Phones are commonplace now so everyone expects touch as a base level feature; the younger ones will never realize how fucking AMAZING the DS touch screen was compared to the rest of the market.

Shipped latency-free wireless video on the Wii U. The tech spec for it wasn't finalized by the vendor for PC manufacturing (Buffalo) until a MONTH before the U came out. It also used 5GHz wireless N and completely saturates that connection. We don't actually have a wireless standard that can push latency free HD video, yet. Regardless of the rest of the Wii U specs, not even MS and Sony are doing that with remoteplay.

The IR camera in the Wiimote runs in 720p. Yes, it runs in a higher resolution than the console it's connected to.

Adopted USBC before Microsoft or Sony.

And then they make you use a phone for a fucking friends list.

edit: they were also the first console maker to not charge for updates or patches, which made Microsoft and Sony finally drop that fucking farce as well

I'm pretty sure Nintendo's lawyers designed that shit.

Nintendo has one of the most paranoid legal teams on the planet.

It's the only thing that explains how a company that at a technical level has invented a lot of technically advanced stuff beyond it's peers has the worst online implementation.

Nah. Nintendo sees gaming and games as toys. That leads to them seeking out novelty to differentiate the experience. The GI Joe with the kungfu grip. Or the race care that can do a wheelie for 3 seconds after charging for 48 hours. It is the culture and mindset of the company. It isn't bad in theory, but the execution leaves much to be desired

Playing some matches in DJ: FFNY and wondering if we can have another arena/brawler/wrestler game like this. No need to have rappers as character, just make characters that are unique and fit well with a gritty, underground fighter circuit. Also Blazin moves, can't forget those!

Spoiler for an image going at the end of the BHM OT

Can you tell the tone I'm going with yet? Fuck coddling.

Seriously, I wish another dumb stupid punk bastard would tell me try to coddle the pieces of shit that wanted that orange fuckwad to be president. Fuck that pile of ancient orange ass peelings, his supporters and the dumbasses that want us to have a fucking debate with them. Like that's gonna happen.

Oh, they blocking the airport because of civil rights violations? Wonder how GAF feels about this.

I certainly wont forget yesterday's day of action anytime soon. What happened yesterday is what happens when liberals are serious about forcing a change. Federal judges were involved, lawyers did pro bono work, and multi million dollar corporations threw their weight around.

Slayven

I certainly wont forget yesterday's day of action anytime soon. What happened yesterday is what happens when liberals are serious about forcing a change. Federal judges were involved, lawyers did pro bono work, and multi million dollar corporations threw their weight around.

all in 24 hours.

Amazing what can get down when people really want it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom