• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a strong contingent in the Black Church that is deeply conservative, socially conservative. Deeply authoritarian. Homophobic, transphobic, misogynistic, and ultimately anti-black. Consider how many churches are against women preachers. How many look the other way when children are abused, when affairs are rampant. The Pastor and the First Lady wear the finest and drive the flashiest, and members of the congregation struggle to eat and dress decent for Sunday service. And you wonder why Darrell Scott and his contingent have been supporting Trump? Why Martin Luther King III went to Trump Tower? Why Kim Burrell spewed hate and Shirley Caesar backed her up? And why Tina Campbell said this nonsense?

But what are you going to do? The Black Church is power in the black community, if not the power in the black community. Some places have the FOI, but I know nothing about their power structure and if they are plagued with the same problems (I have my theories, but I don't want to talk about what I don't know). We depend, almost too much, on leaders.

Izuna

Banned
Ultra Christian black churches are conservative to a T outside of their own problems.

Often the ones to speak out most against LGBT during service.

Shy

4 week from launch and folks are not sure there will be a friend's list on the switch or it will be only on the cellphone app.

SMH
It's fucking a disgusting situation.
I think they purposefully keep themselves behind on certain shit at this point..
That is the only explanation, it has to be.
Nah. They just literally don't know any better.

It also doesn't help that Nintendo partnered with a mobile phone company (DeNA) to develop their online infrastructure for them.

It's fucking a disgusting situation.

Nah. They just literally don't know any better.

It also doesn't help that Nintendo partnered with a mobile phone company (DeNA) to develop their online infrastructure for them.

Hey Shy, what's up man?

I gotta let you know, I'm getting started with SFV and I'm gonna be practicing. And when I get my internet back on....I'm coming for yo throne. Be ready.

GP ARE YOU WITH ME?
C3W_B-2VYAA6J01.jpg
Y'all notice the same few people making excuses for Trump Stan's for literally anything? CoughSBthreadCough

Seriously these Trump stans need to earn GAF tags so that everyone can know what to expect when they post. So many familiar people.

I had always loved Kirk Franklin and he just earned more of respect today.

Also yeah, I've been seeing that too. That pizza dude, that sloane fellow and that mug with the fur hat are really starting to grind my gears.

I'm still shook there was even a defense force for the Emmett Till thread.
No I'm not.

Nah that defense force took a little bit out of me when I saw it. Seriously what the actual fuck.

And yea that pizza dude is a dense mf'er that runs away from thread once someone calls him out with facts.

LotusHD

Banned
Lol there was?!

Stay being the worst parts of humanity

Yea, the white woman who had finally admitted to doing it, there were some people in the thread who were weirdly attempting to absolve her of some of the blame. Don't worry though, they were just trying to find some "nuance".

Yea, the white woman who had finally admitted to doing it, there were some people in the thread who were weirdly attempting to absolve her of some of the blame. Don't worry though, they were just trying to find some "nuance".

I wonder if they can find nuance in their own farts. Because they ain't certainly ain't getting any oxygen going to their damn brains if they defend people like that old lady.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Wonder what is going on in the West household today. Kim comes out against Kanye's good friend, Trump.

Slayven

Trumop supporters only show up in threads where they can be cute. They never show up when shit is on fire, cause they have shame and know they are wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom