• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
TSA out here roasting niggas now

C3Xcq6EVUAAnn1S.jpg

(this is real)

shingi70

Banned
Yo slay you watch Avengers assemble right? I was surprised how good the current season was at telling multiple Episoide stories. It made the inhumans as the new mutants story work while keeping it feeling like the inhumans instead of discount X-Men.

Zaverious

That reminds me that they still haven't adapted the final chapter in Naruto Shippuden. They did the second to last chapter in October and it's just been filler and novel adaptations since then. Hell there's been a movie set after the last chapter recently.

Isn't avengers assemble the same one where Falcon gotta clean the tower so his momma doesn't see he's a superhero or some shit cause he's like 15?

Slayven

Was watching a friend's Periscope at a refugee protest, and a BLM group came in and started asking where the protesters were for black lives, and got shouted down and forced to walk away.

Now I'm pissed at the refugee protest.

tumblr_no120mr3oT1uu8xv9o1_540.gif
I would just keep receipts and read them alter

Terrence Howard got his own reality TV show where he lives in a house with a bunch of Japanese young adults?

I would watch the shit out of that, personally.

He come down with his wave cap on screaming at them to keep it down. "Miso? Baby you got to put some neckbones or hammocks in that water"

Anyone watch Terrence House?
I'm about a 4th through the first series and now I'm watching the new one. I'm aware of the many different cultural attitudes towards things between what I'm used to and Japan but seeing it in motion is super interesting. People be fucking/at each other's throats by episode 2 of Real World but Terrace House plays by at a smooth pace and the conflicts are super minor to me.

Zekes!

Slay are you watching Boys and Girls in the City or Aloha State right now?

I'm a 4th through the first series and now I'm watching the new one. I'm aware of the many different cultural attitudes towards things between what I'm used to and Japan but seeing it in motion is super interesting. People be fucking/at each other's throats by episode 2 of Real World but Terrace House plays by at a smooth pace and the conflicts are super minor to me.

There's definitely some more passive aggressive conflicts compared to what usually occur on Western reality TV shows

I'm about a 4th through the first series and now I'm watching the new one. I'm aware of the many different cultural attitudes towards things between what I'm used to and Japan but seeing it in motion is super interesting. People be fucking/at each other's throats by episode 2 of Real World but Terrace House plays by at a smooth pace and the conflicts are super minor to me.
It's also cause this is actually just a bunch of real people living in a house. Not a bunch of failed actors using MTV and fake fights and boning to get their big break.

It's a nice meditative thing to just watch and unwind with.

Zekes!

Neither, just see a lot of people talking it. Might check it out.

I don't even like reality TV shows but enjoyed the hell outta Terrace House. It's a lot more subdued than Western reality TV shows and seeing a glimpse of Japanese culture like that is super fascinating, even if I was already familiar with aspects of it. Looking forward to starting the new series soon.

Just heard from my mom that the Black Panthers held a March in my town today, with guns as well. Brehs, I think we bout to see something in this country we ain't ever forget for a long time. Something we gonna be telling when we old and grey, talking about where we were when shit popped off.

Slayven

It's also cause this is actually just a bunch of real people living in a house. Not a bunch of failed actors using MTV and fake fights and boning to get their big break.

It's a nice meditative thing to just watch and unwind with.
So like the first Real World where they had to get jobs and couldn't sit around the house all day drinking, then going to the clubs all night?

Slayven you got someone in your thread implying that the TSA post wasn't funny. Why you hurting people's feelings

Which laptop did you get? Civ 6?

Bless their hearts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom