• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
The irony is last night twitch sent out a 30-minute survey asking what people thought of the service. It really focused on the perception of the site. Specifically asking questions about overall tone, diversity, hate speech, etc. One question asked if I felt twitch cared about diversity and if I felt like the chat was a welcoming experience. Judging by the questions, it seems they are trying to branch out into more non-gaming content and pull some of the live streaming "shows" from YouTube. They asked would I be interested in a daily news show on the site. They also asked if there was a difference between a gamer and someone who plays games. Follow up was would I want to be considered a gamer.

It was a long ass survey which hit on alot of issues twitch has. Maybe trying to make some changes before a mainstream push.
Glad to hear that actually. Twitch has ridiculous potential to be something if they can not do what Twitter has and Foster hate and evil in its content and feedback (chat).

Honestly if we were gonna do table top online A) I'd get tabletop simulator and B) I'd do dungeon world because it's more built for creativity and thinking rather than dnd number variables.

zeemumu

I don't understand this grading method and I'm starting to panic because I'm less than a percent difference of meeting this prerequisite or not and I don't want to retake this class.

zeemumu

Email the instructor and beg, man.

I emailed the instructor but it wasn't begging. It was "I don't get it." seems like it's gonna come down to my final.

If I don't pass I'll need to go re-evaluate my life choices, maybe put my clothes on a scarecrow and become a farmer for a few years.

I emailed the instructor but it wasn't begging. It was "I don't get it." seems like it's gonna come down to my final.

If I don't pass I'll need to go re-evaluate my life choices, maybe put my clothes on a scarecrow and become a farmer for a few years.

Poor instructors don't work with students.

A good instructor will work with their students. Just because you emailed him once doesn't mean the discussion ends there, nor should you give up on it and just accept your base grade.

zeemumu

Poor instructors don't work with students.

A good instructor will work with their students. Just because you emailed him once doesn't mean the discussion ends there, nor should you give up on it and just accept your base grade.

Well the main thing I was wondering was why extra credit was calculated into the total as an assignment rather than extra points because it would seem like if you didn't do every extra assignment it'd hurt your grade because it's going off of the maximum amount of points that you could've gotten. Like if you did 5pts worth of extra credit and there was a 10pt maximum, it shouldn't go in as a 5/10. Shouldn't it go in as a 5/0?

Slayven

I am telling y'all something is fucked up with Tomi, they love racist blonde women but she still at the Blaze, a sinking ship. It is weird Fox or someone else hasn't approached her.

I am telling y'all something is fucked up with Tomi, they love racist blonde women but she still at the Blaze, a sinking ship. It is weird Fox or someone else hasn't approached her.
I think telescope just ran out of juice. Off brand Ann Coulter doesn't have that wide a range or long a shelf life.

Kreed

Googled to see if she had any recent headlines and apparently she was just on Hannity complaining about Samantha Bee saying someone had a Nazi haircut, so Fox is probably being cautious/testing to see if she's the "right kind of crazy".

I'd be down for a BlackGAF D&D group

Speaking of black people and tabletop RPGs, the Three Fifs Podcast has a series called Rolling 12s, where they record their games. That sort of thing might not be everyone's cup of tea, but they are an entertaining group. And it is nice to see a game run by a black person with all black players, and having the culture influence the game.

Speaking of black people and tabletop RPGs, the Three Fifs Podcast has a series called Rolling 12s, where they record their games. That sort of thing might not be everyone's cup of tea, but they are an entertaining group. And it is nice to see a game run by a black person with all black players, and having the culture influence the game.

That actually sounds really cool, thanks for that! Definitely gonna give it a listen.

cdyhybrid

Assange trying to discourage people from leaking to anyone but WikiLeaks now. I'm sure the stans will still find some way to justify still painting them as unbiased though.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

LionPride

Banned
Three Fifs pod can do no wrong, and I don't even like Tabletop RPGs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/JonTron/comments/5z5su3/as_a_black_person_my_opinion_on_jons_statements/

thats-good.gif

Zekes!

Speaking of D&D, I need to do some research on a good beginner's campaign that I can use for the kids I work with. We ran a group last year that was popular despite me being a inexperienced DM

RedSwirl

That's some high level shit. Dude envisioned a secret Silk Road style trade stemming from Baltimore based around looting? Oh lord.

"The book is filled with dramatic events. The daughter of the owner of a looted pharmacy falls victim to an overdose as the officer investigating the crimes is courting her. A 69-year-old drug lord said to control the city's flow of drugs is gunned down outside his granddaughter's birthday party. A character named Rev. Marvin Grier is whistling "Amazing Grace" when he is gunned down; the killer picks up whistling the tune as he flees the area.

Grier, a drug-dealer-turned-street preacher, is said to have formed a volunteer "addiction interrupters" group to patrol the streets wearing orange reflective vests that read "Life Saver" in an attempt to stem the crippling waves of overdoses."

Last time I played D&D I was a dragon born bard named Handsome B. Wonderful. Had too much fun taking things less seriously than my friends that it ended up making the play sessions less stiff as a result.

Shy

Morning you people, damn near the end of march and winter decides to show up.
Afternoon BCT
Mornin' BCT!!
Evening.
At work.... Old man comes in...

*Starts chatting me up*

Old Man : "Im looking for rubber stamps... preferably made in the US"

Me : "No prob, lemme see what I can do"

Old Man: "You know, Trumps got issues but I did think about what he said for a while and we do need to bring business back to the US"

Me : *rolls eyes internally* "Oh yeah, I agree somewhat but we gotta let Trump also know this with his Chinese steel buildings....."

Old Man: "Yeah well... he's got his name on a lot of business and buildings" (WTF?? how is this a response to what I just said)

*Old Man continues to ramble on......*

Old Man: "And you know... people don't seem to realize there were white slaves too"

Me : (Bruh WTF, internally) "...................Im pretty sure "white slaves" weren't beaten, maimed and destroyed to any extent of what you're comparing to......"

Old Man: "Well some white slaves were hurt also, not to the full extent but I digress..." *continues rambling*

Me : -_______________________________- (stalest of faces)

*Old Man continues rambling*

Old Man: *And have you ever heard of Dick Gregory? He wrote a book called "Nigger...... and" *his voice fades into background*

Me: Hello, Darkness my old friend.......

This country went to the shithole fast.
J4pll4y.gif

He told me he was raped by a black man during his ramblings...

I feel ashamed because for the life of me I could not tell if he was delusionally genuine or the most skilled of trolls.

If he was a troll, this was top tier shit. I mean TOP TIER
No. Let's not do this. Enough of this troll excuse.

He was a racist old cunt. that's all there was to it.
Good morning BCT
Shout out to my girl Cammy �� hope to see ya soon.
Xoxo to Guile, and yeah even hi to Alex
And welcome to all my new SFV crew ��
Oh and hi Old Man even though you don't play you know your welcome anytime ��
❤️❤️❤️
I fully expect it to be "too black" for some critics to handle. I 100% believe this is the movie that Disney takes the reigns off and lets them tell something with power.
Or the other one is "it doesn't have a story" which is what i've heard with Luke Cage.

Numb

Damn does that Black Panther image always excite me
excited.gif
Good morning BCT
Shout out to my girl Cammy 😘 hope to see ya soon.
Xoxo to Guile, and yeah even hi to Alex
And welcome to all my new SFV crew 🤗
Oh and hi Old Man even though you don't play you know your welcome anytime 🙄

.✌
Love you too

Well if the SBF, TFS, Game Grumps, and Nostalgia Critic turn out to be terrible I'll be out of Youtubers.
Liam has always been super racist tho 😏

With him out and the Doritos pope in I might watch some of their shit again.
The Pope is replacing Colin?
I need to get back into this

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Sup, y'all.

You know that sweet tool called a mandoline that makes slicing potatoes, onions, and radishes easy peasy?

You really should use the included guard. Slicing fingers is pretty easy peasy, too. It goes right through the nail, nail bed, and finger meat like a Ginzu.

Ah learning experiences. ^_^

Well if the SBF, TFS, Game Grumps, and Nostalgia Critic turn out to be terrible I'll be out of Youtubers.

Well, Nostalgia Critic is terrible, just not for that reason. And SBF and GG say off the wall shit when the cameras are off, I guarantee it. They're probably way better people now than they used to be, but I've seen some questionable recordings of Pat from the past for instance that Matt brought up just to blow him up for fun.

I enjoy them right now, but they and anyone else on Youtube gets a continuous side eye from me. If they come out and start standing up for BLM and trans folk and so on, then that'd lighten, but I'm betting they know it'll cost them money.

Also, there's the time Pat fought his girlfriend over a ham sandwich because he's insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom