• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah to each their own, it is a comedic style that I appreciate but can totally understand why others wouldn't

office-karen-shrug.gif

I honestly expected to like it. Wigg and McCarthy are pretty funny, usually. What's his face, the director, has made plenty of movies I've laughed hard at..I don't get it.

crown vanilla and ginger ale is about the smoothest thing i've ever tasted.

I feel like anything and ginger ale is always a great choice..

I love ginger ale, but hate ginger.

Also, I really liked Holtzmann in Ghostbusters, though the movie itself was really badly edited. One of my best friends is exactly like Holtzmann.

Gregg "The GOAT" Popovich on BHM said:
Well, it's a remembrance, and a bit of a celebration in some ways. It sounds odd because we're not there yet, but it's always important to remember what has passed and what is being experienced now by the black population. It's a celebration of some of the good things that have happened, and a reminder that there's a lot more work to do. But more than anything, I think if people take the time to think about it, I think it is our national sin. It always intrigues me when people come out with, ‘I'm tired of talking about that or do we have to talk about race again?' And the answer is you're damned right we do. Because it's always there, and it's systemic in the sense that when you talk about opportunity it's not about ‘Well, if you lace up your shoes and you work hard, then you can have the American dream.' That's a bunch of hogwash. If you were born white, you automatically have a monstrous advantage educationally, economically, culturally in this society and all the systemic roadblocks that exist, whether it's in a judicial sense, a neighborhood sense with laws, zoning, education, we have huge problems in that regard that are very complicated, but take leadership, time, and real concern to try to solve. It's a tough one because people don't really want to face it. And it's in our national discourse. We have a president of the United States who spent four or five years disparaging and trying to illegitimatize our president. And we know that was a big fake. But still, [he] felt for some reason it had to be done. I can still remember a paraphrase close to a quote "investigators were sent to Hawaii and you cannot believe what they found." Well, that was a lie. So if it's being discussed and perpetrated at that level, you've got a national problem. I think that's enough.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0618962962299756242-4

andthebeatgoeson

I use to work a call center and i seen people go to break and just sit in the bathroom crying.
I worked at a call center selling shitty credit cards. I didn't sell one. I learned what terrible cards are out there. APR of 20% and such.

One day a lady told me, 'I don't want to you doing anything like yesterday.' I was dumb founded. It couldn't have been me. She walked by while i was waiting to answer a call so i never figured out what happened. I assume her majority ass got me confused with someone else. Then i realized it wasn't worth it. I think i got the job because i was waiting for another gig to start. I don't even put that on my resume.

5 minutes later, after thinking about my self worth and self respect, i got up and said i wanted to quit. Filled out a form because they said it would be better if i wanted another job at the same place and went home. You are peering into the abyss working on the phone. Don't ever do it. You work at chick fil a and you bring people joy. Selling credit cards over the phone because people have bad credit will probably be what tilts the scales for me going to hell.

shingi70

Banned
Nice mural and all, but that should have been Nubia or Ms. Marvel or America Chavez punching him, because 53% of white women voted for Trump.

I mean technically Wonder Woman is Greek right. It's just most artist draw her as white instead of a woman of color like Cliff Chaing or how she's portrayed in the films.

Oh yeah, lets embrace the orange nugget, eventually we will have to.

Whats with these people buckling at the knees in the face of fascism. That's not how you fight or prove a cause. Not surprising white celebrities are the ones quick to give up, they're not used to having to fight and resist all their life. Accepting and embracing Trump is point blank embracing fascism, racism, xenophobia, and everything else that's fucked with the world. Fuck him and fuck any body else that wants to kneel to this administration.

Was anyone else in that thread last night when that dude compared IP laws to slavery and then said people were attacking him making him feel suicidal again? Somehow on a scale of 1-10 his IP comment was a 11 and then he surpassed that with his suicidal comment going to a 20.

I just backed out.

I was lurking it, was going to reply, deleted before I posted cause I probably would have caught a ban and decided to just quit NeoGaf for the evening. Shit like that is just so preposterous.

Crocodile

Usually I'm loathe to drop "oh look its a bunch of white, privileged moderates with little to lose complaining again!" because if you drop that too fast or in the wrong context it does a lot to shut down conversation and needlessly rustle jimmies. But GOD DAMN if it isn't an accurate description of some goofiness I've seen this entire week. This is going to be a long 4 years :/

The Thundercats reboot deserved better, that show was fantastic.

It started strong but went to shit pretty quickly. That being said, I'm still a bit bummed it got cancelled - I would have liked to have seen the story finished just for completions sake. As stupid as the show got near the end I don't recall it ever being offensively stupid.

Village

The Thundercats reboot deserved better, that show was fantastic.

This , show was buried, I feel no one remembers it

I love young jutsice and am glad its coming back. But I wish that the new thunder cats got as much fever as YJ due to what happened to it

Slayven

Ever notice how it is always the people that say the USA left isn't left enough that shit on the left the hardest when the left in the USA does do something? But they are crickets when the GOP is fucking up?

Thank fuck..maybe I can have some peace without my wife complaining about space every other week.

I literally have a HDD siting around, had to upgrade, those horse pics take up so much space

Was anyone else in that thread last night when that dude compared IP laws to slavery and then said people were attacking him making him feel suicidal again? Somehow on a scale of 1-10 his IP comment was a 11 and then he surpassed that with his suicidal comment going to a 20.

I just backed out.

What thread was this?! Holy shit that post sounded bonkers!

*Read through the posts*

The fuck....if he didn't want people attacking him, then maybe he really should have thought about making a better comparison of IP laws than SLAVERY! I mean what the hell?! And he probably stay away from GAF for a good minute if posts attacking him are getting to him like that.

Sch1sm

I got all those games for free with DLC but I've yet to touch more than a little of the first one.

As someone who plays 57 hours of the first one and completed it.

Pure eurojank.

2 has better combat, no question, but it's still eh. I prefer 1 to it. 3 is the superior, from what I hear, but with my experience through that franchise I was never willing to buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom