• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now actually. After WrestleMania the WWE starts a new 'season' since WM wraps up every storyline from the previous year and starts anew. New faces from their NXT developmental territory appear... like Shinsuke Nakamura for example who debuted on SmackDown Live last night (who was huge in Japan before coming to NXT)

Let's not forget about the bae Ember Moon

tumblr_oc9uy6XK6A1rwgmsfo5_400.gif

Can any wrestling experts tell me, whats the difference between RAW, WWE and NXT?

Raw/Smackdown are their "main" shows. They're what Vince and co. want eyeballs on. NXT is where their newer talent starts off, or people who just need a refresher to the style WWE employs. Technically this is televised, but it's only on the WWE Network, which you can subscribe to for the low low price of...

es0kf3B.gif

LionPride

Banned
Can any wrestling experts tell me, whats the difference between RAW, WWE and NXT?
Raw: A show, show that is supposed to matter the most

Smackdown: B show, but seems to always have the best wrestling

NXT: Started as a "reality" competition with indie and homegrown talent, rebranded as a developmental show, has grown fron developing talent to being it's own brand basically. Becoming more of a C/B- show

Then there's 205 Live for the Cruiserweights who can Cruiser-WAIT BROTHER

Raw/Smackdown are their "main" shows. They're what Vince and co. want eyeballs on. NXT is where their newer talent starts off, or people who just need a refresher to the style WWE employs. Technically this is televised, but it's only on the WWE Network, which you can subscribe to for the low low price of...

es0kf3B.gif

how does this factor into everyone hating roman reigns and that clip of a wrestler dragging a casket with a truck?

how does this factor into everyone hating roman reigns and that clip of a wrestler dragging a casket with a truck?

While I love the homie Roman, he's been shoved down everyone's throat in an attempt to get people to like him instead of letting people like him naturally. It's like how Fox used Wolverine, except multiply that by 10 and reverse the audience reception.

The casket part? That's just part of the storytelling, brother. Some of it is shitty (incredibly so), but when it's good, it's fucking great.

Current writing means you get three or four great moments and matches a year followed by a whole lotta shit.

Most of the good writing is on Smackdown and NXT. Even Vince knows this, which is why he took the lead from SD and put him on Raw.

You can only influence so much though when you've got 20+ people in the writer's room and Vince himself changing plans at the literal last minute.

Most of the good writing is on Smackdown and NXT. Even Vince knows this, which is why he took the lead from SD and put him on Raw.

You can only influence so much though when you've got 20+ people in the writer's room and Vince himself changing plans at the literal last minute.
Oh it's totally the same issue comics got.

The editor is a fucking idiot who continues to think he knows best. As evidenced by him continuing to think people wanna watch his family wrastle.

Religion is misunderstood. To each, his or her own though. I won't mess with it around here. Wasn't there a Christian community on here for a while?

There is one. Dude that runs it's name escapes me at the moment, but his avatar is Jesus with Superman's S in the middle.

---

This Assassin's Creed movie is Gotham-like.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom