• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i Z

Cora is pulling some Weeaboo, Dolezal with a tumblr account shit.
I can't sanction this.
I've got a feeling that she's going to be striped of all of her passes by the time this is done.

D i Z

I like Jim but he and his team does some of this shit on purpose I swear.

Cat's that gave that game a high to decent score are coming out trying to justify exactly why, while digging themselves out of a mountain of nostalgic bs they've been spewing for years before hand.

D i Z

Most definitely will not be buying Persona 5 with their draconian streaming policy and locking me out of using system functionality for the dumbest of all reasons.

Most definitely will not be buying Persona 5 with their draconian streaming policy and locking me out of using system functionality for the dumbest of all reasons.
It's fucking extra dumb because I streamed almost the entire game in Japanese. They just didn't care then.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I give it to OT20 before Parallax is dropping disappointment gems on the thread like this:

I'm saying. Without horse joke hatred, we'd never get a visit!

im sure theres posters that dont even get the joke at this point

Captain Marvel's book is better than America Chavez's book.

a trash book befitting a trash character

I'm the only one still holding a candle for Bloody Roar, aren't I?

gado is still my boy

D i Z

It's fucking extra dumb because I streamed almost the entire game in Japanese. They just didn't care then.

Exactly. they release the game so far ahead in one region and basically say f u to everyone else that would use it the same way that others already have. It's like Japan refuses to learn from every time this specifically backfires right in their faces.

Shy

That's a shame. But completely understandable.
Exactly. they release the game so far ahead in one region and basically say f u to everyone else that would use it the same way that others already have. It's like Japan refuses to learn from every time this specifically backfires right in their faces.
Yeah. Japanese business culture is glacial in it's pace to change.

Jim's review of Yooka-Laylee just doesn't bother me at all, because I already know I'll love the game and it'll be exactly what I want it to be. It's like....most people hate these games anyway. I'm not surprised that someone gave it a 2.

Merc_

lmao folks are arguing about reviews being "objective" now. That word only ever appears when someone gives a game a score fanboys (who haven't even played the damn game) don't like. Jeez, and I thought Trump was thin skinned. Dudes should consider a bit of self reflection sometime.

LionPride

Banned
lmao folks are arguing about reviews being "objective" now. That word only ever appears when someone gives a game a score fanboys (who haven't even played the damn game) don't like. Jeez, and I thought Trump was thin skinned. Dudes should consider a bit of self reflection sometime.

Hey, but if a game everybody else gave a 8/10 to and you give it a 2/10, you're obviously in the wrong and there is no way it is just your own opinion.

Malyse

0OjJ1kt.jpg

I don't give game critics and credence at all. Ain't like film critics where you can tell a good one from a bad one and there is a level of objectivity.

Game critics might as well be paid marketing arms of the company. I'm sure they have a difficult job and all, but I don't take their opinion as gospel on shit. O just play what I play and if I enjoy it great and if I don't, great whatever ain't no skin off my back.

They just games. Ain't worth getting uppity over.

Nudull

Banned
Must be some good-ass drugs you get as a Gearbox employee. Lord knows how they afford it all with Battleborn money.

LionPride

Banned
This is my favorite post in that thread.

Just wow.
Nigga what the fuck!
I don't give game critics and credence at all. Ain't like film critics where you can tell a good one from a bad one and there is a level of objectivity.

Game critics might as well be paid marketing arms of the company. I'm sure they have a difficult job and all, but I don't take their opinion as gospel on shit. O just play what I play and if I enjoy it great and if I don't, great whatever ain't no skin off my back.

They just games. Ain't worth getting uppity over.
People really care for some damn reason. I'm positive that MGR didn't get the best scores, along with Transformers Devastation. I've gotten more out of those games than I will ever get out of Shadow of the Colossus. Review scores really only matter to me from a gameplay perspective, that's about it.

I don't care about game reviews at all. Unless I hear a game is causing consoles to brick or explode, I tend to just buy what catches my eye and deal with it. I do the same with movies as well. I like to just try things for myself. This review sensitivity thing is getting out of hand though. People are gonna lose it if Mario gets less than a 10.5

Nudull

Banned
I don't care about game reviews at all. Unless I hear a game is causing consoles to brick or explode, I tend to just buy what catches my eye and deal with it. I do the same with movies as well. I like to just try things for myself. This review sensitivity thing is getting out of hand though. People are gonna lose it if Mario gets less than a 10.5

We talking riots in the streets, blood on the walls, folks chasing after game journalists in Fury Road cars?

Gattsu25

Banned
Super tired/drunk.

Just wanted to say that Persona 5 is good. Already hitting on some touchy subject matter from the start, too.

Zekes!

Ye has at least 6 classics (I personally would say all 7, but there's always at least one album people don't love). I don't know many hip-hop artists with that kind of consistency. I love Jay-Z, but I only care to listen to Reasonable Doubt, Blueprint and the Black Album. Nas has Illmatic and It Was Written (Stillmatic and Life is Good are good but not on that level), etc.

Ye has at least 6 classics (I personally would say all 7, but there's always at least one album people don't love). I don't know many hip-hop artists with that kind of consistency. I love Jay-Z, but I only care to listen to Reasonable Doubt, Blueprint and the Black Album. Nas has Illmatic and It Was Written (Stillmatic and Life is Good are good but not on that level), etc.

I wouldn't say he has 6 classics though. All a matter of opinion.

LionPride

Banned
Ye has College Dropout, Late Registration, Graduation, MBDTF, 808s, and TLOP as albums that are great to phenomenal.

You can hate on the man with mental illness acting a damn fool all you want but uh...his music production is top notch.

Ye has College Dropout, Late Registration, Graduation, MBDTF, 808s, and TLOP as albums that are great to phenomenal.

You can hate on the man with mental illness acting a damn fool all you want but uh...his music production is top notch.

Liked the 1st 2. The rest didn't do much for me. Like I said, all a matter of opinion

LionPride

Banned
Liked the 1st 2. The rest didn't do much for me. Like I said, all a matter of opinion

That's fair, I may be a giant Yeezy stan, but I know people who didn't like the shift in tone.

Graduation has Champion, Stronger, Can't Tell Me Nothin, Flashing Lights, and Homecoming tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom