• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fair, I may be a giant Yeezy stan, but I know people who didn't like the shift in tone.

Graduation has Champion, Stronger, Can't Tell Me Nothin, Flashing Lights, and Homecoming tho

Can't tell me nothing and flashing lights are Koo. Songs I recall from being in the clubs on the east coast. Just wasn't an album that held me for any real period of time.

LionPride

Banned
Jesus Walks was banging

This man's first album had All Falls Down, Spaceship, Jesus Walks, Never Let Me Down, Get Em High, The New Workout Plan, Two Words, and Through the Wire.

I can fuck with Graduation and 808, everything else ain't bad, but it's not revolutionary like his production is.

He the GOAT producer tho

Even as a big Kanye fan, I would give the nod to Timbaland or Pharell before Kanye

LionPride

Banned
Pharell is a good one but Timbaland has fallen off a little for me.

Timbaland produced half of Justified and all of one of my favorite albums ever, FutureSex/LoveSounds so I gotta give him the rub

Plus Big Pimpin, Missy Elliot songs, The Bounce, MAKE ME BETTER!!!!

Also 20/20 Experience was a good double album.

I really like JT and Timbaland stuff if you can't tell

Honestly I bump so much old shit and lofi indie stuff production has lost a lot of value for me. Still important (looking at you Mr Mathers) but ain't do or die for me anymore.

Justified is in my top 5 albums tho so...

And shit Young blood I'm young enough to remember when JT had ramen noodles on his head and was "the awkward one".

How things change.

LionPride

Banned
Shit what would make number 4 and 5 on my top 5?

1. Sign O The Times
2. To Pimp A Butterfly
3. Bad
4........maybe FutureSex/LoveSounds maybe ATLiens?
5. Late Registration
6. Purple Rain
7. Good Kid Maad City
8. Aquemini
9. Off the Wall
10. Blonde/A Seat At The Table/Pieces of Man/808s/1999/Controversy/The Low End Theory

What part of the cycle is this??

Not complaining too much. I remember folks were up in arms over giving JT any praise not too long ago.

I got future/sex on vinyl

Shit what would make number 4 and 5 on my top 5?

1. Sign O The Times
2. To Pimp A Butterfly
3. Bad
4........maybe FutureSex/LoveSounds maybe ATLiens?
5. Late Registration
6. Purple Rain
7. Good Kid Maad City
8. Aquemini
9. Off the Wall
10. Blonde/A Seat At The Table/Pieces of Man/808s/1999/Controversy/The Low End Theory

I see you

LionPride

Banned
I think Thriller gets all the praise when it comes to Michael's albums, but Bad and Off the Wall are his best works. Thriller is just third.

Also Blood on the Dance Floor is one of his best songs that gets no respect.

I think Thriller gets all the praise when it comes to Michael's albums, but Bad and Off the Wall are his best works. Thriller is just third.

Also Blood on the Dance Floor is one of his best songs that gets no respect.

I agree, especially on Bad.

But 'I Can't Help It' is a fuckin classic, Stevie hooked Michael up on that one.

LionPride

Banned
I agree, especially on Bad.

But 'I Can't Help It' is a fuckin classic, Stevie hooked Michael up on that one.
I Can't Help It is so smooth.

Fun fact, I learned Prince was supposed to do a verse on Bad, the one where Michael says Your butt is mine, but Prince basically said "I ain't with that gay shit" and backed out. Shame.

I Can't Help It is so smooth.

Fun fact, I learned Prince was supposed to do a verse on Bad, the one where Michael says Your butt is mine, but Prince basically said "I ain't with that gay shit" and backed out. Shame.

Bad was a magical fuckin album, and the tour was equally special. Last time MJ sung most of his records live too (he didn't sing Smooth Criminal or The Way You Make Me Feel live on that tour, it was tape), but it was still one hell of a show.

andthebeatgoeson

k1CoC2A.jpg

LionPride

Banned
13 Reasons Why gets rough as fuck in the last two episodes. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

For various personal reasons the two "scenes" had me tense the entire time

It's fucking with me because of my own troubles with suicide, but also friends who've been raped, committed suicide, or were saved.

Yeah..not a real great group of fucking people. Just a mess all around. Gotta feel for her..

ISIS be like, 'Your president is a moron.'

I'm like, 👀👍🤔

Conflicting, but accurate none the less. They can get fucked right with him..

I am not nor will I ever watch 13 reasons.

I have seen and can handle some fucked up shit (Hello Serbian Film) but I can't do Suicide stuff. Just can't. No matter how good it is.

I am not nor will I ever watch 13 reasons.

I have seen and can handle some fucked up shit (Hello Serbian Film) but I can't do Suicide stuff. Just can't. No matter how good it is.

By the time you hit the last 5 episodes you start feeling a bit shit..the actual deed is all sorts of fucked, and really not for everyone. Not a show I'd recommend to many..especially parents..

zeemumu

Why does Doom have to share an origin story with the Fantastic Four in every movie? Just start the movie with him already Doom. It's not hard for Doom to have a personal grudge against someone. It doesn't have to be as personal as "your experiment turned me into a crash test dummy." Doom has an ego. He's really easy to slight.

Mizerman

Why does Doom have to share an origin story with the Fantastic Four in every movie? Just start the movie with him already Doom. It's not hard for Doom to have a personal grudge against someone. It doesn't have to be as personal as "your experiment turned me into a crash test dummy." Doom has an ego. He's really easy to slight.

Right? It's like they try to ruin Doom on purpose.

Which horrible movie you watching?

13 Reasons Why gets rough as fuck in the last two episodes. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

For various personal reasons the two "scenes" had me tense the entire time

I need to be in a much better place mentally and in my life as a whole before I try something so devastating

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Because dooms hate with Richards can't just be some off the cuff shit. That shit is personal, a seething, emotional hate. It's like a family member you dispise. Random people throw fuckery your way and you can just wash that off and keep it moving. That cousin of yours that keeps getting in your way and seems to know how to push your buttons? That shit is beyond personal. there's been a lot of failures to capture that when it comes to doom and Reed, but that shit is supposed to cut deep between the both of them.

I still can't believe we aren't allowed to have a Latverian Dr Doom. I want mad ruler with political immunity, not rival scientist with electric powers

Malyse

All of the Lights
music video version without Fergie fucking up the song
is one of the best songs. No qualifiers: it's just that good.

Ye's greatest album is prolly MBDTF, but I like Graduation and 808's too.

Izuna

Banned
Yeah I can't watch the final episode of 13 Reasons Why. It wasn't very subtle about wtf happens and I don't want to see that shit.

--

BCT, when I woke up I started drinking the milkshake I opened next to my bed... there was a fly in it

Beefy

Yeah I can't watch the final episode of 13 Reasons Why. It wasn't very subtle about wtf happens and I don't want to see that shit.

--

BCT, when I woke up I started drinking the milkshake I opened next to my bed... there was a fly in it

This thread is dead to me....
----------------------------
Morning BCT

Aiustis

I started watching 13 Reasons why; thoughts so far are meh. Not very far in though. Maybe it just doesn't work for me because I always couldn't stand teenagers.

--

Morning, I watched it through, it was like a train slowly derailing in my heart bruh, I was crushed, probably because in a similar fashion I've lost a couple people to suicide and the question of "Was there anything I could have done, was there more," comes up a lot. Shit is heavy, I really hope people take note that this is a story, but it happens in real life , its a serious topic and shouldn't be shrugged off.

This thread is dead to me....
----------------------------
Morning BCT

Mornin' all

Beefy

I started watching 13 Reasons why; thoughts so far are meh. Not very far in though. Maybe it just doesn't work for me because I always couldn't stand teenagers.

I didn't like the acting, but the topic should be talked about far more then it should. Having gone through something like it in my past myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom