• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

Which horrible movie you watching?

I saw a reviewof Fan4stic

Because dooms hate with Richards can't just be some off the cuff shit. That shit is personal, a seething, emotional hate. It's like a family member you dispise. Random people throw fuckery your way and you can just wash that off and keep it moving. That cousin of yours that keeps getting in your way and seems to know how to push your buttons? That shit is beyond personal. there's been a lot of failures to capture that when it comes to doom and Reed, but that shit is supposed to cut deep between the both of them.

But it's DOOM. He already hates Reed from their college days. Imagine him finding out that his Doombots failed a mission because of Reed decades later. He'd be pissed. I don't know if he even has that much of a grudge against Reed specifically in the reboot. It seems more like a general hate. And in the 00's one he's basically the bully pushing Reed around and going after Sue. They basically just turned him into Norman Osborn with the love triangle of Harry Osborn. Him getting fucked up by the experiment that gives them their powers doesn't really seem necessary.

The fever dreams in that scorpio thread. Today is gonna be a fun day. That's for damn sure
People still thinking it'll do better than the PS4 pro 😂

Y'all nerds think folks buying a box at Christmas give a shit how many GPU's or how much RAM it got?

It's only for nerds who want a new box. That's it.

I want it to be $599.

Just for the meltdowns and the absurd spin cycles.

It'd be something to behold.

The scorpio thread is going to be dumb as hell.

It'll be an episode of Gotham

People still thinking it'll do better than the PS4 pro 😂

Y'all nerds think folks buying a box at Christmas give a shit how many GPU's or how much RAM it got?

It's only for nerds who want a new box. That's it.

People don't get that. If they think it'll be more than that, they're sadly mistaken. Imagine if they make a game exclusive. It'll be the beginning of the end

I want to believe MS has been observant enough of the market and what their competitors have over them.

MS is about the windows ecosystem and store. The console division being under the windows division means this is nothing but a glorified windows 10 app box. Scorpio won't be subsidized. 599 won't happen, but above 399 is likely

From improved texturing filtering to faster loading times, Scorpio is set to flatter your existing Xbox One and 360 library in ways we didn't expect. Rich explains in detail the five ways older games get a visual uplift on Microsoft's new machine.

Oh look it's literally just a PS4 pro.

Six months of people going "NAH THO ITS TOTALLY A NEW CONSOLE LOOOOOOK OUT" and it's fucking nothing.

Izuna

Banned
Like, specs wise it's better than we all expected, and forced 16xAF etc. is awesome

but all the QoL updates, Windows 10 support, console name, how it looks etc. we know none of that shit

Like, specs wise it's better than we all expected, and forced 16xAF etc. is awesome

but all the QoL updates, Windows 10 support, console name, how it looks etc. we know none of that shit
Only one thing about it matters at all really.

How much is it gonna cost? And the answer is "More than $400".

This was what I woke up for. We already knew it would be beefier spec wise.
Oh well, on to E3 it is..

Izuna

Banned
FWIW, this is basically gunna be like getting a GTX1060 build PC, so that's good. But if MS can't deliver on games, I'm still in the market for a PC because uh, Nier, Quake Champions etc.

When games like Destiny are coming to PC, there are few "console-only" exclusives, and all MS exclusives are on PC anyways.

The extra features are super important here.

FWIW, this is basically gunna be like getting a GTX1060 build PC, so that's good. But if MS can't deliver on games, I'm still in the market for a PC because uh, Nier, Quake Champions etc.

When games like Destiny are coming to PC, there are few "console-only" exclusives, and all MS exclusives are on PC anyways.

I'm also thinking of going this route honestly.
They can't only be selling the xbox interface for the difference in experience can they?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I saw a reviewof Fan4stic

But it's DOOM. He already hates Reed from their college days. Imagine him finding out that his Doombots failed a mission because of Reed decades later. He'd be pissed. I don't know if he even has that much of a grudge against Reed specifically in the reboot. It seems more like a general hate. And in the 00's one he's basically the bully pushing Reed around and going after Sue. They basically just turned him into Norman Osborn with the love triangle of Harry Osborn. Him getting fucked up by the experiment that gives them their powers doesn't really seem necessary.

Being scarred by his rival while he and his family(minus Ben)retain normalcy while gaining amazing abilities feeds into his insecurities against them. Honestly besting Reed gives him drive. Im not sure how the reboot did it, (not well assuming the reaction) but for some reason the movies just make him a general villian

Pretty much why I'm content with my PC/PS4 set up.

Izuna

Banned
I think, by the time it comes out, I'll have my PC and I may as well pick up the Scorpio as I'll be able to afford it. What I wanted was a reason to not need a PC in the first place.

But it's possible that they wanted to get the specs out of the way to show off either games or features. Though that's unlikely.

I think, by the time it comes out, I'll have my PC and I may as well pick up the Scorpio as I'll be able to afford it. What I wanted was a reason to not need a PC in the first place.

But it's possible that they wanted to get the specs out of the way to show off either games or features. Though that's unlikely.

Is it wrong that one of the main things I picked up on, was when he explained how the xbox interface would run much smoother?

Is the OP white? Kind of curious.

I don't know if the "take my picture" thread has been discussed but the comments like these in there make me laugh.

Last point

all we did was find out that Scorpio's proposed specs weren't lies. That's all
But they do mention this

While Digital Foundry has revealed the tech powering the next Xbox, we still don't know the final name of the console, nor do we know how much Microsoft will charge for its mid-generation refresh. But one thing seems clear: Project Scorpio will be more expensive than PS4 Pro.

Ybarra told Leadbetter Project Scorpio is designed for "that premium customer, the gamer that expects the absolute best versions of the games" - so expect it to be priced accordingly

Which means it's DOA

Izuna

Banned
Is it wrong that one of the main things I picked up on, was when he explained how the xbox interface would run much smoother?

TBF, the insider update I have now on the S already runs as smooth as anyone would need it to be.

It just feels like 360 BC is the main reason for me wanting a Scorpio, since that'll be the only thing a PC wouldn't do much better.

I only hope they won't go back on their promise of Play Anywhere and more cross-play support

zeemumu

Being scarred by his rival while he and his family(minus Ben)retain normalcy while gaining amazing abilities feeds into his insecurities against them. Honestly besting Reed gives him drive. Im not sure how the reboot did it, (not well assuming the reaction) but for some reason the movies just make him a general villian

The reboot has him fall down a hole in an alternate dimension and they leave him there until the third act of the movie where it turns out that the he survived and the dimension turned him into a crash test dummy and he wants to protect that planet by destroying earth.

TBF, the insider update I have now on the S already runs as smooth as anyone would need it to be.

It just feels like 360 BC is the main reason for me wanting a Scorpio, since that'll be the only thing a PC wouldn't do much better.

I only hope they won't go back on their promise of Play Anywhere and more cross-play support

Question about the insider program. Are they still not accepting new members via invite? I was so set when I got one previously only to have them put a hold on it.

That was the other thing. It's an exciting addition, especially since I've been considering going back and finishing up some games i've never played. Might not be worth jumping in Day 1 though since I already have an Xbox.

I'm expecting the roll out to be the same as the PS Pro, and thats honestly okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom