• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johndoey

Banned
Depends on what "premium" pricing means. But Microsoft knows this'll be a pretty niche product. I wouldn't start calling DOA yet.

It's exactly what everyone expected a solid mid-gen update.

Izuna

Banned
Question about the insider program. Are they still not accepting new members via invite? I was so set when I got one previously only to have them put a hold on it.

That was the other thing. It's an exciting addition, especially since I've been considering going back and finishing up some games i've never played. Might not be worth jumping in Day 1 though since I already have an Xbox.

I'm expecting the roll out to be the same as the PS Pro, and thats honestly okay.

I don't know really, you can get into the insider preview stuff by using the insider app (available to all) and levelling up.

Day One, it will be like £300 + trading in my Xbox One S at worst, so I'm likely to do it. The problem is this:

The specs are good enough that I wouldn't care for the difference between a GTX1080 PC and Scoprio ~~ and most console games (with pc ports) will probably perform better to an extent anyways due to optimization, but if that just means we get to play multiplats better and MS doesn't grab other games back, then you can't survive with just the Xbox.

Scorpio + PC < Pro + Xbox < PS4 + Scorpio < PS4 + PC

I think that highlights my issue...

shingi70

Banned
Morning BCT

Scorpio sounds great, I don't think it will do much to impact this co sole cycle, but. It should be a move in the right step for developer and consumer relations for the next time.

If I get another system tis year it'll be a PS4 to go with my Xbox and SwItch.

Johndoey

Banned
Why would you get a scorpio? Especially if you have a good PC, games everywhere kinda of kills the point.
People are still scared off by PCs tbh. Like the majority of the Xbox base will never build or purchase a Gaming PC but they might buy a slightly better Xbox every 3-4 years.
Especially if you say "all your old shit is better on this thing".

shingi70

Banned
Why would you get a scorpio? Especially if you have a good PC, games everywhere kinda of kills the point.

360 BC I guess. Honestly the way. Microsoft has positioning it the Xbox line is probably going to end up being what Valve wanted the steambox to be.

Sch1sm

Cheaper in the long run, too. I'm not gonna buy a Scorpio. In fact, I don't think I'll be buying another console beyond my OG PS4 and X1 considering this model of having multiple iterations of a console beyond a slim edition.

I can see how it's safe, though. No need to fiddle with any settings, etc.

---

360BC already exists on the cheaper X1, no? Sooooo. Is there really a reason to get a Scorpio? Really?

I aint messing with no circuits, brah

I don't know really, you can get into the insider preview stuff by using the insider app (available to all) and levelling up.

Interesting. I don't play my xbox nearly enough for this though =(

Day One, it will be like £300 + trading in my Xbox One S at worst, so I'm likely to do it. The problem is this:

Scorpio + PC < Pro + Xbox < PS4 + Scorpio < PS4 + PC

I think that highlights my issue...

I think for me the issue is not having a PC, but having everything else. Deciding which route to go, going forward is going to be interesting. Xbox anywhere is really throwing me through a loop, and making me lean towards a PC.

Slayven

People are still scared off by PCs tbh. Like the majority of the Xbox base will never build or purchase a Gaming PC but they might buy a slightly better Xbox every 3-4 years.
Then that same crowd will be happy with a 250 S( i hope they change the name, cause scorpio and s going to lead to problems)
360 BC I guess. Honestly the way. Microsoft has positioning it the Xbox line is probably going to end up being what Valve wanted the steambox to be.
Still cheaper with an S
I aint messing with no circuits, brah

I just put in a RX 480, if I can do it, anyone can do it. But I can see the point.

Aiustis

Majority of console gamers.

There's nothing wrong with that.

I've pretty much bowed out of the console thing.
The only ones I'll still play on console are what my bf buys and my 3DS.

I still want Sunset Overdrive so bad
It's a fun game.

Johndoey

Banned
The side-quest design in Nier is terrible, it's making me miss Horizon's abundance of "follow the glowing footsteps!" quests.

shingi70

Banned
My big take away from reading twitter and gaf this morning is alot of people in this industry both fans and developers have a strong dislike for Microsoft. Some of its warranted and some of it isn't.

As a guy who a huge xbox fan, they really have to show off a strong first party this year at E3 or they're gonna see the Scorpio fail even before it's out.

It's sad because at the start of the gen they had pretty promising results, but they just can't compete as long as Sony has all of the Japanese developers working exclusively for them.

Aiustis

The side-quest design in Nier is terrible, it's making me miss Horizon's abundance of "follow the glowing footsteps!" quests.

I miss games where you actually had to find places. Like when a quest was like; "it's west of that place near the lake"

Slayven

Almost none of the humor landed for me, but my character looked cool, and the gameplay was fun. That's worth a lot in my book.

Jerome-2-625x352.jpg

Johndoey

Banned
Rewrote reality to give birth to Gotham. It was a happy ending.

New Zelda does this

One of the best things about the game.

Jokes or is that the joker from gotham? I stopped watching after the 1st season and he does kinda look like that guy who did the joker laugh

He's the Joker. Before the full Clown Prince of Crime deal but yeah.
--
Still hoping for some alternate costumes for 2B before my inevitable re-play of Automata.

akira28

Microsoft has a major sales push in the UK. Like they just accepted that they lost the US to Sony, but they press the UK like its new or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom