• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionPride

Banned
Louis C.K. jokes are the sort of jokes that barely anyone else can get away with. You laugh with Louis C.K. because he's Louis C.K.

That Dave Chappelle special was "I'm not supposed to make jokes about these topics, but I'm going to do it anyway!"

None of them have specials that stand the test of time.

I'm talking about, the greatest ~~ Patrice O'Neil, Eddie Murphy (a little hard to watch these days), Lee Evans, Russell Peters... What Now? sits alongside them. C.K and Chappelle never had anything that does.
I repeat my earlier statement, you ever get tired of being wrong?

Ludacris has been corny for 17 years

this aint nothin but prom night

Welcome-back-GIF.gif

Louis C.K. jokes are the sort of jokes that barely anyone else can get away with. You laugh with Louis C.K. because he's Louis C.K.

That Dave Chappelle special was "I'm not supposed to make jokes about these topics, but I'm going to do it anyway!"

None of them have specials that stand the test of time.

I'm talking about, the greatest ~~ Patrice O'Neil, Eddie Murphy (a little hard to watch these days), Lee Evans, Russell Peters... What Now? sits alongside them. C.K and Chappelle never had anything that does.

Patrice O'Neil's "spell restaurant' bit is still one of the funniest stand up moments I've ever heard.

LionPride

Banned
So you're not even going to elaborate?

I love you, but subjectivity, even when people disagree, has purpose if there's a debate. Just saying "you're wrong" is juvenile.
Chappelle is one of the greatest comedians ever, he's top 5 all time, his jokes work no matter the era. You wanna know how C.K. has become the person who can say anything? His humor has worked for years? He has written great comedy and movies and maintains relevance for a reason.

Numb

Now, why would you go and do that?

Tryna look like 30 going on 13 out here.
tru
But no snow in a week and no longer require +3 frost resistance
Not cut all the way tho. Not crazy
I'm never ready, look like a completely different human being. Still haven't done the chop, just keep it trimmed now.
And it takes a couple of days to get used to it too
My face is always longer than i expect.
He cosplaying as blackface Ryu..

image.php
;_;

Faustek

Where you're from - All over.
Where you live - Sweden in the middle of all the chele.
What is your age? - Old enough to not be ashamed to actually be doing this.
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Swedsih, Jamaican, Brittish, Nicaraguan, Italian and whatever grandma meant with not Chinese but there.
Do you know your roots - Not really.
Favorite musical genre - Can I dance or drink to it? Then it's ok.
Your profession/major/career interest - Looking at R&D and PD at an industry/mechanical engineer/Need to quit and go in early retirement or just quit and become a teacher.
Your religious affiliation - Gustavsberg.
Hobbies - Books, Games and when I can the gym.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Thai chicken.
Marvel or DC? - Marvel.
Favorite superhero? - The Hulk or Spiderman...Spulk?
Anime or Nah? - Always manga.
Favorite sport and team? - Boxing, nah.
What's your favorite Disney movie? - the Spanish The Aristocats.
What's your favorite video game and genre? Right now it's Terranigma, Rpgs.

Also Busta did it better.

Sch1sm

He cosplaying as blackface Ryu..

image.php

tru
But no snow in a week and no longer require +3 frost resistance
Not cut all the way tho. Not crazy

Winter finally over for you guys? Toronto can't decide what it wants to be weather wise. Today the high is 69F/21C, tomorrow and through the rest of the weekdays the high is 50F/10C. No consistency, back to the the 20s over the weekend. Hope it stays, but it doesn't, 'cause next week we got another projected dip. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Swedsih, Jamaican, Brittish, Nicaraguan, Italian and whatever grandma meant with not Chinese but there.

Numb ain't the only black guy in Sweden anymore, Feenix, you hear?!

Numb

Favorite musical genre - Can I dance or drink to it? Then it's ok.
Your profession/major/career interest - Looking at R&D and PD at an industry/mechanical engineer/Need to quit and go in early retirement or just quit and become a teacher.
Your religious affiliation - Gustavsberg.
Hobbies - Books, Games and when I can the gym.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Thai chicken.
Marvel or DC? - Marvel.
Favorite superhero? - The Hulk or Spiderman...Spulk?
Anime or Nah? - Always manga.
Favorite sport and team? - Boxing, nah.
What's your favorite Disney movie? - the Spanish The Aristocats.
What's your favorite video game and genre? Right now it's Terranigma, Rpgs.

Also Busta did it better.
Welcome
We about to takeover
Winter finally over for you guys? Toronto can't decide what it wants to be weather wise. Today the high is 69F/21C, tomorrow and through the rest of the weekdays the high is 50F/10C. No consistency, back to the the 20s over the weekend. Hope it stays, but it doesn't, 'cause next week we got another projected dip. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Numb ain't the only black guy in Sweden anymore, Feenix, you hear?!

The snow is done but the cold remains. Better than before tho

Chappelle is one of the greatest comedians ever, he's top 5 all time, his jokes work no matter the era. You wanna know how C.K. has become the person who can say anything? His humor has worked for years? He has written great comedy and movies and maintains relevance for a reason.

I feel like Louie works because he has a strong work ethic and works very very hard on his material. He goes to small comedy clubs and bombs his new material, working it out bit by bit for years before we ever see it on a big circuit. He's a good workman. I don't know how others get their routines ready, but I'm guessing it's the same thing for most.

Slayven

I feel like Louie works because he has a strong work ethic and works very very hard on his material. He goes to small comedy clubs and bombs his new material, working it out bit by bit for years before we ever see it on a big circuit. He's a good workman. I don't know how others get their routines ready, but I'm guessing it's the same thing for most.

Yeah Louis CK is very old school

LionPride

Banned
He and Seinfeld are two of the hardest working motherfuckers

Izuna

Banned

Chappelle as a comedian, yes, he's amazing. But if I'm judging a stand-up, it I'm judging it on the entire thing, not specific jokes or excerpts. Name your favourite Chappelle stand-up (what's recorded anyways).

As mentioned earlier, my personal fav is Ricky Gervais, but he doesn't have god-like stand-up specials or performances. It's a completely different thing to measure (for example, Jimmy Carr has shitty jokes but great structure).

Louis C.K. stand-ups are all over the place. Little to no cohesion and like Frankie Boyle, his jokes make you laugh in a cringy "I'm going to hell for this" sort of way. The jokes themselves work with his delivery and because he is who he is, which is an amazing feat, but it doesn't make it one of the best.

Patrice O'Neil's "spell restaurant' bit is still one of the funniest stand up moments I've ever heard.

lmao, yeah... I might go back and watch it

*Patrice O'Neal, we've both fucked up the spelling lol

Izuna

Banned
~~

Asked my Mom if she wanted to do 23andme with me, but she said she didn't need to because she had some genetic test when she was younger. It's not the same thing, but apparently, she was mostly Greek. Third-hand, old information, but now I'm a little excited to get my results.

My grandpa's mother was half Indian half Chinese, apparently (news!), so I'm not sure if Asian will pop up in mine so I'm curious. I was under the impression my grandpa was half Chinese but apparently, his Asian mother was also mixed, haha.

I'm about to pay for it. As soon as I'm done with this exams I should get the results.

So you're not even going to elaborate?

I love you, but subjectivity, even when people disagree, has purpose if there's a debate. Just saying "you're wrong" is juvenile.
This has been a big problem on gaf and the internet in general. People would rather just Trump it up and go "wrong," or just post a reaction gif, or clutch their pearls, or some other shit. Nobody wants to debate anymore, which is a damn shame.

Not singling anyone out in this thread, just saw an opportunity to vent.

andthebeatgoeson

I'm conflicted. I see so much empathy for that old man that is absent for others. He could have been my mom and people wouldn't care.

Dude came back on the plane, looking traumatized and it breaks my heart. Seeing him cry out. 😖

I'm conflicted. I see so much empathy for that old man that is absent for others. He could have been my mom and people wouldn't care.

Dude came back on the plane, looking traumatized and it breaks my heart. Seeing him cry out. 😖
If he were black it would have been worse true. But the fact that the response isn't 100% empathy is still profoundly fucked up and an indictment on us further as a society.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom