• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionPride

Banned
Chappelle as a comedian, yes, he's amazing. But if I'm judging a stand-up, it I'm judging it on the entire thing, not specific jokes or excerpts. Name your favourite Chappelle stand-up (what's recorded anyways).

As mentioned earlier, my personal fav is Ricky Gervais, but he doesn't have god-like stand-up specials or performances. It's a completely different thing to measure (for example, Jimmy Carr has shitty jokes but great structure).

Louis C.K. stand-ups are all over the place. Little to no cohesion and like Frankie Boyle, his jokes make you laugh in a cringy "I'm going to hell for this" sort of way. The jokes themselves work with his delivery and because he is who he is, which is an amazing feat, but it doesn't make it one of the best.

lmao, yeah... I might go back and watch it

*Patrice O'Neal, we've both fucked up the spelling lol
Almost all if his standups are phenomenal all the way through. I don't care why I'm laughing at a Louis joke, if it's funny, it's funny.

I just got whooped by the 2nd boss after thinking the game was easier than previous entries haha. I think I'm 20 hours in already

3rd boss almost got me after his attack reverted just before he was able to do his giant attack

Everyone except MC died but I had about 8 revival items

Boy do I have a barbershop story for you guys today. Have you ever really needed a haircut and your regular barber wasnt there? As I walked into the shop he was leaving to get his kids and I really needed my hair cut for an event today. So I went to the only open seat in the place and had the 30 most terrifying moments of my life. This old Haitian guy with bad breath and poor English sat me down and seeing that I probably wouldn't be able to get the usual cut, I asked for a bald fade. The entire time in the chair I looked like this:
pLPc.gif

I could feel him messing up my hair, everything he did felt wrong. The shave felt wrong, the way he buzzed felt wrong, the fact that he used scissors at the end felt really wrong. I shivered internally every time he used a razor on my head. And when i got out of my chair, and looked at the mirror, It was pure horror. My lineup was lopsided, my haircut wasnt even and his attempts at a design(which I didn't even ask for) made it look even worse. The man then attempted to shake me down for 20 dollars. My only reaction was:
full

Thankfully another barber in the shop saw the disaster the man did to my head and offered to fix it for free. he did a great job, and I paid him the 20 dollars simply to spite the other guy, who was upset he didn't get paid for doing a hack job. Its scary how close I came to having a terrible cut.

What you making, homie?

Not sure. It's real nice out and I got this charcoal grill. I wanted to try using some apple wood or mesquite or something. I've never used wood before. Is it only for slow cooking and smoking?

I was going to do steaks or maybe even brisket (not sure if that would take much longer to do) I'm just trying to get ideas.

I made some hickory smoked bbq chicken last night.

That sounds damn good

Not sure. It's real nice out and I got this charcoal grill. I wanted to try using some apple wood or mesquite or something. I've never used wood before. Is it only for slow cooking and smoking?

I was going to do steaks or maybe even brisket (not sure if that would take much longer to do) I'm just trying to get ideas.

That sounds damn good

it really is, but im going to waste the day by ordering pizza and watching movies in my room. Weather for this spring break has been great so far, hope the whole week is like this. I still got no plans for thursday but if its as nice as it is today, I'll just force myself out and figure out something to do lol

it really is, but im going to waste the day by ordering pizza and watching movies in my room. Weather for this spring break has been great so far, hope the whole week is like this. I still got no plans for thursday but if its as nice as it is today, I'll just force myself out and figure out something to do lol

Why does it have to rain the one day I got free yankee tickets..
Fucking shit.. Hope it actually stays like this tomorrow

Chappelle is one of the greatest comedians ever, he's top 5 all time, his jokes work no matter the era. You wanna know how C.K. has become the person who can say anything? His humor has worked for years? He has written great comedy and movies and maintains relevance for a reason.

No, just......no

Richard Pryor
Sam Kinnison
George Carlin
Eddie Murphy
Robin Williams
Redd Foxx
etc...

Yes, Dave is funny and very very good but he is not of the pantheon.

Shy

Afternoon BCT
Morning Everyone.
Greetings to all
Mornin' all.
Going on, BCT brothers and sisters? And Jandro? We talking racist just jokes in here..word.
Evening, fam.
White people be like :Dee Doo Dee

Black people be like : Zip a bop a doo
NtUg6k9.gif

That legit made me laugh.
No worries, Shy aint awake ;)
TrEYj0j.gif

Ludacris has been corny for 17 years

this aint nothin but prom night
Welcome back.

No, just......no

Richard Pryor
Sam Kinnison
George Carlin
Eddie Murphy
Robin Williams
Redd Foxx
etc...

Yes, Dave is funny and very very good but he is not of the pantheon.

This fucking guy had me sneaking to my sister's crib in the middle of the night to watch HBO comedy specials lol..what a nut. Wonder how the kids nowadays would take him..probably not very well.

---

Sup, honey bunny..

Boy do I have a barbershop story for you guys today. Have you ever really needed a haircut and your regular barber wasnt there? As I walked into the shop he was leaving to get his kids and I really needed my hair cut for an event today. So I went to the only open seat in the place and had the 30 most terrifying moments of my life. This old Haitian guy with bad breath and poor English sat me down and seeing that I probably wouldn't be able to get the usual cut, I asked for a bald fade. The entire time in the chair I looked like this:
pLPc.gif

I could feel him messing up my hair, everything he did felt wrong. The shave felt wrong, the way he buzzed felt wrong, the fact that he used scissors at the end felt really wrong. I shivered internally every time he used a razor on my head. And when i got out of my chair, and looked at the mirror, It was pure horror. My lineup was lopsided, my haircut wasnt even and his attempts at a design(which I didn't even ask for) made it look even worse. The man then attempted to shake me down for 20 dollars. My only reaction was:
full

Thankfully another barber in the shop saw the disaster the man did to my head and offered to fix it for free. he did a great job, and I paid him the 20 dollars simply to spite the other guy, who was upset he didn't get paid for doing a hack job. Its scary how close I came to having a terrible cut.
God damn

What kinda design was it tho

Faustek

I cant believe the person had the gall to ask for 20 dollars when I know for a fact that haircut is only 17 after he messed it up.

Well you did the only appropriate thing. Paid the person that saved you from bad hair.

Man I nearly miss having hair until I remember these things.

This fucking guy had me sneaking to my sister's crib in the middle of the night to watch HBO comedy specials lol..what a nut. Wonder how the kids nowadays would take him..probably not very well.

---

Sup, honey bunny..

Only name I didn't recognise but can I safely assume HBO still has it on their streaming service?

___

Oh just saw what Spicer said... Ok level with me now but the only reason he had a job is because of some twisted sense of humour someone on Trumps tram has right? Because that man is a clown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom