• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

479234a3e47ee90083f65f59e2933cdf.jpg

Spider-Burn, Spider-Burn

Radioactive Spider-Burn

Not a fan of the art style.

Guys I'm running on E already. Just got back home from a scholarship/mentorship program I am involved in where I helped set up care packages to the undergrad students in the fellowship. Tomorrow I'll be in the office until 10pm for non client work. I am earning my first drink of 2017.

I thought you meant the drug, and I got more confused as I read the rest of the post.

WE GOT MAUL

LionPride

Banned
Yep

Peter has Gwen Stacy flashbacks every time someone falls off of a building to the point where he had to actively practice anti-whiplash techniques.

And people wonder why I say the Spider-Man movies ain't good Spider-Man movies, shit like that...it ain't come across once. His attitude, his personality, ain't made it once.

Faustek

Guys I'm running on E already. Just got back home from a scholarship/mentorship program I am involved in where I helped set up care packages to the undergrad students in the fellowship. Tomorrow I'll be in the office until 10pm for non client work. I am earning my first drink of 2017.

How are those things? Asking because I've been asked to help with some of the refugee kids again and not in a sports way this time but actual mentoring and I'm not sure I could follow.

EDIT: Nah, Slayven said it already.

zeemumu

And people wonder why I say the Spider-Man movies ain't good Spider-Man movies, shit like that...it ain't come across once. His attitude, his personality, ain't made it once.

They go into it in Amazing Spider-Man 2 when they beat you over the head with Gwen's ghost dad.

But yeah, they usually just have Peter get over it later instead of maintaining his attitude and keeping all of that under the surface until later.

It seems like they might fix that with Tom Holland Spidey based on that conversation that he had with Tony. Maybe it's what drives him to do the ferry thing and try to save people against Tony's orders.

They get the sarcastic wise cracking though

Yep...while people were being actively murdered...

How are those things? Asking because I've been asked to help with some of the refugee kids again and not in a sports way this time but actual mentoring and I'm not sure I could follow.

It's fulfilling. I'm being stretched thin at the moment because of work, but the stuff outside of work is what really makes me feel like a good human. No shame if you don't want to commit to the mentorship programs but it's nice to receive happiness from investing in someone's life. You can always talk about your experience to future employers or grad school when talking about leadership and passion but at this point I'm involved because I enjoy it.

I went through the mentorship program when I was in undergrad and my former mentor is now a good friend of mine that helps me out with everyday life questions.

Shy

Flash has been steadily declining since Season 1 while SHIELD has only gone up since then. And I like Flash.

SHIELD the best show based around a comic book in let's see...ever. That's not even hyperbole
Ahh.

SHIELD never really clicked with me.

zeemumu

Ahh.

SHIELD never really clicked with me.

It took a hit for me when they started mentioning Iron Man 3's plot with the super explosion man drug. I've seen more recent episodes and it does look better, but I wish I could just skip ahead.

akira28

Hit pieces on the dude from the United flight didn't even have the right guy.

Some lawyer is about to eat, oh my goodness.

that is good stuff. I saw their "he was no angel" hit piece this morning on the way to work. And I knew the corporate hit was in. TMZ just happens to come across some records.

Even if it was the right guy, so he was convicted of a crime 10 years ago. He's obviously on your plane now, that's not really going to buy you any sympathy. That you had a mean ol ex con on your plane.

Slayven

that is good stuff. I saw their "he was no angel" hit piece this morning on the way to work. And I knew the corporate hit was in. TMZ just happens to come across some records.

Even if it was the right guy, so he was convicted of a crime 10 years ago. He's obviously on your plane now, that's not really going to buy you any sympathy. That you had a mean ol ex con on your plane.

CEO said they fucked up, so those people can't even be cute anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom