• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
YAY!!!

Artist finally finished the last background for my game. Now I'm start deploying it, making the landing pages etc.

I'll be putting the music on iTunes/Spotify/Youtube asap

:D

YAY!!!

Artist finally finished the last background for my game. Now I'm start deploying it, making the landing pages etc.

I'll be putting the music on iTunes/Spotify/Youtube asap

:D
What kind of game are you making and what program are you using?

Why is Illmatic Nas' only (barely) classic album?

No, not at all. I like It Was Written more than Illmattic and The Lost Tapes is up there as well.

Why is Illmatic Nas' only (barely) classic album?

... Shrug

Some people didn't like the direction of it was written. Even though I think it is superior lyrically. I Am suffered from having good songs cut to make it more commercial. Nastradamus was not the greatest, but wasn't poor either. Stillmatic is amazing. I consider it a classic. God's son is great, but not as good as still or ill. Streets disciple was too long. Some great tracks though. Hip hop is dead is underappreciated. Life is Good is a classic. Fuck what anyone else says.

Lost tapes would be a classic, but alas, most people don't consider it a release

No, not at all. I like It Was Written more than Illmattic and The Lost Tapes is up there as well.

See. Knowledge and wisdom right here

shingi70

Banned
Hows the game besides the camera issue?

It's a Banjo game. I played about thirty minutes in and that's what it is for better or worse. It doesn't do much to progress the formula and the more metroidvaina and level design aspects seem like they'll get annoying really fast.

Sch1sm

First recorded case of "SWATing" to end with the victim getting shot by police

Who here wants to play "guess the skin color".

superthumb.png

Simple mobile game, with Unity

You know the programming language pretty well? I've messed with about 9 engines over the years and I just can't with any of these languages. I find it difficult and just boring. I don't feel like I'm really learning, but just trying to memorize what this line of text does.

zeemumu

I don't think I'll ever watch that again..shit was driving me nuts. I usually love these things..

They usually annoy me if they don't get the actual music for copyright reasons but they got it this time so I was thoroughly entertained.

You know the programming language pretty well? I've messed with about 9 engines over the years and I just can't with any of these languages. I find it difficult and just boring. I don't feel like I'm really learning, but just trying to memorize what this line of text does.

C# isn't too hard. The issue comes into knowing how to properly use all of the classes that they made for it. If you get that then you're golden. You learn the classes with repetition.

Sch1sm

Do you know any programming languages well as is?

If you honestly want to avoid memorization of lines, look into using flow charts and pseudo code to start with. Think of what you need, in plain English. Start with the most basic building blocks. Then onto what you need them to do, how, when. It's less of a headache that way and your focus isn't memorizing, but finding out how to fulfill what you need.

I just saw him live not even three years ago too and brother still had it even after his wife passed.

Fuck man. Hope Eddie and his family came to be at peace with it and that he didn't suffer.

Will pray for him tonight.

Gattsu25

Banned
... Shrug

Some people didn't like the direction of it was written. Even though I think it is superior lyrically. I Am suffered from having good songs cut to make it more commercial. Nastradamus was not the greatest, but wasn't poor either. Stillmatic is amazing. I consider it a classic. God's son is great, but not as good as still or ill. Streets disciple was too long. Some great tracks though. Hip hop is dead is underappreciated. Life is Good is a classic. Fuck what anyone else says.

Lost tapes would be a classic, but alas, most people don't consider it a release

See. Knowledge and wisdom right here
Yeah, this mostly aligns with my views.
Didn't even know he was fighting Leukemia/he was sick. :(

I don't think anyone did. Damn, fuck cancer.

Izuna

Banned

I'm not the main programmer for this project, so the scrolling/gr system (when you see it) but I did some C# for it

At my old Uni course I only worked with hardware and C, so I'm not a great programmer by any means atm. My next project I will be more hands on.

What I understand (a couple members of my family are programmers), is that syntax is easy to learn, and eventually it will click and then it's just logic/solving puzzles

zeemumu

Dawg, if old asian men aren't even safe from "He was no angel", the rest of us are fucked.

It's pretty baffling to be beaten and then have the news shit on you shortly after, isn't it

Was watching a report the other day about an arrest and they brought up the drug abuse history of one of the guy's family or neighbors or something. The arrest was for jaywalking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom