• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone I know wants me to cater a party and didn't expect my services to be free?
yesjacknicholson.gif

BCT cookout gotta be free tho

Classic
Man i wish the Scorpio was next gen. Been long enough

He's right Senpai. Feed your folks.

I don't think it's time for next gen yet. They need to let technology advance some more. I think 2019/2020 will be it. Both boxes will launch at the same time. I didn't include Nintendo because who the fuck knows what Nintendo gonna do

They usually annoy me if they don't get the actual music for copyright reasons but they got it this time so I was thoroughly entertained.

C# isn't too hard. The issue comes into knowing how to properly use all of the classes that they made for it. If you get that then you're golden. You learn the classes with repetition.
I don't think I tried C#. I tried C++ three times though.

Do you know any programming languages well as is?

If you honestly want to avoid memorization of lines, look into using flow charts and pseudo code to start with. Think of what you need, in plain English. Start with the most basic building blocks. Then onto what you need them to do, how, when. It's less of a headache that way and your focus isn't memorizing, but finding out how to fulfill what you need.
I don't think so. I've tried learning Alice, C++, Java, Whatever Unity uses, Twine, Ren'py, RPG Maker, XNA, and currently on Pico-8. I want to lie on my resume and say I know these well because fuck I need a job and need to get my foot in the door in the industry. I usually go on YouTube or the site's website and follow tutorials and then eventually get frustrated after a couple of months and stop.
I'll look into approaching from your angle. I'm surprised I didn't think you knew anything about programming and such.
I'm not the main programmer for this project, so the scrolling/gr system (when you see it) but I did some C# for it

At my old Uni course I only worked with hardware and C, so I'm not a great programmer by any means atm. My next project I will be more hands on.

What I understand (a couple members of my family are programmers), is that syntax is easy to learn, and eventually it will click and then it's just logic/solving puzzles

What genre is the game and what's the main thing you do in it?

Izuna

Banned
What genre is the game and what's the main thing you do in it?

I think of it as reverse doodle jump, but I'm going for the Flappy Bird game play philosophy.

Thought it up when I was working at Benihana and the OG design pages are on Order Paper, haha.

Hopefully it won't be long before you can download it to your phone.

Sch1sm

I don't think so. I've tried learning Alice, C++, Java, Whatever Unity uses, Twine, Ren'py, RPG Maker, XNA, and currently on Pico-8. I want to lie on my resume and say I know these well because fuck I need a job and need to get my foot in the door in the industry. I usually go on YouTube or the site's website and follow tutorials and then eventually get frustrated after a couple of months and stop.
I'll look into approaching from your angle. I'm surprised I didn't think you knew anything about programming and such

It's actually what I do in school, girl~

But I've been interested in this stuff since I was 13. First language I learned was PHP alongside MySQL for some text based RPG I coded for. Since then, outside of markup languages (HTML5/CSS3/SCSS), I learned C, C++, and Java is what they mostly push in my school so it's been the last 3 years of my life. My summer is gonna be spent with Python this time around.

If your concern is wanting to get into the industry, learn something object oriented. They're overly popular in business settings. Put SQL under your belt, as well.

Izuna

Banned
PFPEV0U.jpg

Not sure if I ever posted this on GAF before. This is something I did for my GCSEs that won a little award (I don't have a larger copy sadly, I gave the original to my art teacher).

Pp0cIjh.jpg

~~

I have a few more saved too... (all of these are from when I was 15-17, haven't drawn anything since)

0oroeFX.jpg

PzQbC1O.jpg

N0zutKj.jpg

What do you think Slay?

Shy

Good day, folks..
Morning y'all.
Mornin' everyone.
Afternoon BCT
Morning folks.
Morning, BCT.
Evening.
Had one productive morning. Can't remember the last time my day was free like this.
Noice.
Watching the dead black comedians everywhere movie..
Harlem Nights.
I always liked that movie.

Watched it last year, think it still holds up.
*clicks on the link and reads title, then closes link* Nah i can't be watching it. I just can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom