• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

Nope..unless you only started following the franchise because Nintendo.

WHaxKak.gif
It's actually very fun. It's making me wish I had a switch right about now haha
Your schrodinger Laptop will suffice

I'm not really religious, and just read it out of curiosity. After I read it, I checked the local news and front page is Trump dropping the MOAB. >_>

The Scorpion locusts made me think of drones :/

Crazy times we are living in.

I think you may be right about that. He described most things as like, so it is quite possible

Jay Pharaoh out here talking about why he got fired from SNL, nikka 8 didn't even notice you weren't there. Trying to say you were too good and not being used. Won't even do shit like put on a dress for the skit show you on because you didn't want to be talked about on Twitter

Izuna

Banned
Jay Pharaoh out here talking about why he got fired from SNL, nikka 8 didn't even notice you weren't there. Trying to say you were too good and not being used. Won't even do shit like put on a dress for the skit show you on because you didn't want to be talked about on Twitter

wow what a shame

Please tell me that's not what I think its about lol. As in the whole "emasculating black men" thing

Not sure why he should be called out for this..

you should be able to choose your roles.

Seriously..

you should be able to choose your roles.
Everyone chooses their roles but the only reason you don't want to is because someone might make fun of you, not that the joke/skit is bad when your entire job is to do skits, you ain't hired as a writer. You reject thing after thing, you gotta go

Also what if the Fast and Furious movies are just the real orgin of the X-Men

Lightning are you still on now?

I definitely don't think Jay P. is bigger than SNL (lol I didn't even know he was hired and then fired) but I get him for not wanting to wear a dress. There has defintely been an increase in Black men dressing in drag as jokes and if you aren't comfortable with that then you have the right to say no. Hell most of the Black viners that blew up did some drag and that always rub me the wrong way; like it's the only way for them to blow up.

Everyone chooses their roles but the only reason you don't want to is because someone might make fun of you, not that the joke/skit is bad when your entire job is to do skits, you ain't hired as a writer. You reject thing after thing, you gotta go

Also what if the Fast and Furious movies are just the real orgin of the X-Men

By your standard, some Jewish person should be fired from a variety show for objecting to playing a Nazi. We aren't play things..we're people. If he ain't comfortable with it, for whatever reason, it's his right. Does he lose a gig because of it? So be it..his choice.

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed the trend with online/internet Black comedians that become popular doing drag more often for their skits/jokes. Black masculinity is frail already, I'm looking extra hard at you hoteps, but Tyler Perry's success and exposure makes me believe that it more palatable to a wider audience to have a Black man behave with effeminate mannerisms.

Lightning are you still on now?

I definitely don't think Jay P. is bigger than SNL (lol I didn't even know he was hired and then fired) but I get him for not wanting to wear a dress. There has defintely been an increase in Black men dressing in drag as jokes and if you aren't comfortable with that then you have the right to say no. Hell most of the Black viners that blew up did some drag and that always rub me the wrong way; like it's the only way for them to blow up.

Yeah Im still on. You ready?

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed the trend with online/intern Black comedians that become popular doing drag more often for their skits/jokes. Black masculinity is frail already, I'm looking extra hard at you hoteps, but Tyler Perry's success and exposure makes me believe that it is more palatable for a wider audience to have a Black man behave in effeminate manners.

I hear what you're saying. It does seem to be a part of the recipe. I look at it as this, if you're willing to do it, fine. It shouldn't be a requirement. Martin did it and that was his choice. I'm not putting on a dress. It isn't something that I want to do. If that is a job requirement, I'm looking for a new job. If a man likes wearing dresses, then let him. If it is for entertainment or whatever. I get caught up in demonizing someone for not wanting to wear a dress now. I think it is because of the hotep thing. It seems to be a very fine line of what may be defending your idea of masculinity and veering off into what is hotep land

See, Daryl, I'm not even trying to go that deep. I understand that it is a narrative that's been going for many years. Not really sure one way or another. What I DO know is we ain't fucking slaves anymore, and if we have a particular objection to something that isn't hurting anyone else, so be it.

Who cares his reasons? It's the nigga's choice..ain't money out your pocket.

By your standard, some Jewish person should be fired from a variety show for objecting to playing a Nazi. We aren't play things..we're people. If he ain't comfortable with it, for whatever reason, it's his right. Does he lose a gig because of it? So be it..his choice.
My problem is more he says he's too good, not being used, being put in a box of impression a, then reject doing stuff outside of the impressions. He didn't say the stuff was bad the only reason he gave was he didn't want to possibly be made fun of on Twitter. You're q comedian being made fun of material/all they do at NYC clubs like The Cellar

My problem is more he says he's too good, not being used, being put in a box of impression a, then reject doing stuff outside of the impressions. He didn't say the stuff was bad the only reason he gave was he didn't want to possibly be made fun of on Twitter. You're q comedian being made fun of material/all they do at NYC clubs like The Cellar

If you have a skill and instead of people letting you use it in a way that you feel is credible, they hand you something you're not interested in, you can say no. Nothing wrong with that

lol damn Lightning how we lose a guy at the start of a game

See, Daryl, I'm not even trying to go that deep. I understand that it is a narrative that's been going for many years. Not really sure one way or another. What I DO know is we ain't fucking slaves anymore, and if we have a particular objection to something that isn't hurting anyone else, so be it.

True, at a basic level if a brother doesn't want to do something he doesn't have to, it's his choice

I hear what you're saying. It does seem to be a part of the recipe. I look at it as this, if you're willing to do it, fine. It shouldn't be a requirement. Martin did it and that was his choice. I'm not putting on a dress. It isn't something that I want to do. If that is a job requirement, I'm looking for a new job. If a man likes wearing dresses, then let him. If it is for entertainment or whatever. I get caught up in demonizing someone for not wanting to wear a dress now. I think it is because of the hotep thing. It seems to be a very fine line of what may be defending your idea of masculinity and veering off into what is hotep land

I get you there. Let those who want to wear one do what they want. And man I've seen some well meaning people veer into hotep land. .had to correct them fast.

Your "problem" is a man's choice? Ain't no one here criticizing your love of redheads..your choice. Come on, son..
If you have a skill and instead of people letting you use it in a way that you feel is credible, they hand you something you're not interested in, you can say no. Nothing wrong with that

True, at a basic level if a brother doesn't want to do something he doesn't have to, it's his choice

Y'all sure?

Your "problem" is a man's choice? Ain't no one here criticizing your love of redheads..your choice. Come on, son..

Y'all sure?

Why even phrase it like that? Can people not question the rationale behind someone's choices?

Y'all sure?

I'm positive

Why even phrase it like that? Can people not question the rationale behind someone's choices?

Questioning a choice is fine, but at this point it's almost like he's saying he was obligated to do it because he wanted to do more than impressions. That makes no sense. People turn down roles all of the time for a variety of reasons. Shit isn't deserving ridicule. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom