• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why even phrase it like that? Can people not question the rationale behind someone's choices?

Why the hell not? He ain't fucking babies or snorting endangered animal blood. He ain't working retail and being told to clean a shitty toilet. He's in a position in life to choose what he wants to do. How's that a problem?

Nigga prolly made more on that Netflix special he had recently than he does in a year at NBC..let the man do him.

Everybody's at each other's throats right now in here. I don't like it.

FUCK YOU, MIKEY!!!

I'm positive

Questioning a choice is fine, but at this point it's almost like he's saying he was obligated to do it because he wanted to do more than impressions. That makes no sense. People turn down roles all of the time for a variety of reasons. Shit isn't deserving ridicule. IMO

The obligation angle is silly, of course, but I don't think people keep that objective view provided the reasoning is irrational

Why the hell not? He ain't fucking babies or snorting endangered animal blood. He ain't working retail and being told to clean a shitty toilet. He's in a position in life to choose what he wants to do. How's that a problem?

Nigga prolly made more on that Netflix special he had recently than he does in a year at NBC..let the man do him.

FUCK YOU, MIKEY!!!

It isn't, though im not approaching this on the side of saying he needs to do it

All I do get is criticized for my choice lol

giphy.gif

😏

You cared enough to respond.

I just seen a horse clap..

The obligation angle is silly, of course, but I don't think people keep that objective view provided the reasoning is irrational

It isn't, though im not approaching this on the side of saying he needs to do it

Fair enough. Just hard to say it is irrational all things considered. I know the Twitter thing has been stated, but who knows.

WHEW.

That's all subjective. I never listen to GAF on these.

I listened. TPAB will always be preferred because jazz is one of my favourite genres, but this album isn't "disappointing."

I'll listen tomorrow at the gym

You cared enough to respond.

Did I make you feel special?

Man don't wanna put on no dress, he aint gotta put one on

Man wanna put on the dress, he can wear that mothefucker

For whatever reason he want

Now what the problem is?

Young Magus

Morning from the east fam.......
Caught that site and I gotta say..........
Shit's sad yo....the power of hate is strong among that person.....

shingi70

Banned
The Star Wars Celebration shared exclusives. They were spread across 8 different stores and most are gone and have been for a while despite dropping this morning.

The last one I'm after is the Target exclusive.
13479_StarWars_HoloQuiGon_POP_GLAM_HiRez_large.jpg

I really want Thrawn and Hooded Luke but I'm having enough trouble finding a. Rouge One steel book to care about pops.

Kreed

See, Daryl, I'm not even trying to go that deep. I understand that it is a narrative that's been going for many years. Not really sure one way or another. What I DO know is we ain't fucking slaves anymore, and if we have a particular objection to something that isn't hurting anyone else, so be it.

Who cares his reasons? It's the nigga's choice..ain't money out your pocket.

Just throwing this in here, but this whole Jay Pharoah conversation about him wearing a dress is "context click bait". He levels a bunch of claims at SNL in his Hot 97 interview, including them wanting to get rid of him after he brought up there not being enough black women on the cast in 2013, but the dress comment is getting all the attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom