• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight on the further adventures of the BCT

Mzfj0En.gif

It needs to be an action cartoon with an opening similar to 90's X-Men animated show.

Action show it is. Already got the world origin down. Just need to jot down the details of the people and monsters that live there. Also the various magic systems, power sources and whatnot.

But what opening theme could the BCT show have that could beat it?
I got it
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hlVKiBhvqN4

Nice nice. Dont know if it would fit though.....

Sch1sm

weak af album, just two great songs

who is kdot, big sean?

This is the most unjustified opinion I've come across yet.

Define Kendrick tier, anyway.
Explain what those two tracks that the other 11 (ignoring the opening "song") don't possess.

Take your time.

Izuna

Banned
This is the most unjustified opinion I've come across yet.

Define Kendrick tier, anyway.
Explain what those two tracks that the other 11 (ignoring the opening "song") don't possess.

Take your time.

To save us all time...

Last year, I had listened to UU at least like 4 times each week. I can't see myself going back to DAMN. even a few more times, just like Big Sean's Decided which I will only go back to for one song.

The lyrics (requiring Genius.com) are great, smart, deep etc. but the songs are not repeatable, catchy, or instrumentally impressive.

Typically, for me, I rarely find an album where more than half of the songs are the sort that I love to much, I just listen to the entire album on repeat. TLoP was a mess (had to get different versions of the tracks, change up the order to what Ye had last minute) and 70% of those songs are so good I can just perpetually listen to that album.

Going backwards, TPaB ~ m.a.a.d city ~ Section 80, there aren't any outright BAD songs. Not saying DAMN. has anything offensively bad, but outside of the lyrics on their own, most is musically forgetful.

Musically, there are only two songs on this whole album which are as good as that one bit in Freedom (Beyonce), or most of his other music.

Izuna

Banned
that part about requiring Genius.com, I mean that I'm not trying to be ignorant and guess what the lyrics mean all by myself. I'm not saying they're less because of it.

Anyway ~~

I don' thave anything else to say

edit:

apart from that Outlet* is Desiigner's best

LionPride

Banned
To save us all time...

Last year, I had listened to UU at least like 4 times each week. I can't see myself going back to DAMN. even a few more times, just like Big Sean's Decided which I will only go back to for one song.

The lyrics (requiring Genius.com) are great, smart, deep etc. but the songs are not repeatable, catchy, or instrumentally impressive.

Typically, for me, I rarely find an album where more than half of the songs are the sort that I love to much, I just listen to the entire album on repeat. TLoP was a mess (had to get different versions of the tracks, change up the order to what Ye had last minute) and 70% of those songs are so good I can just perpetually listen to that album.

Going backwards, TPaB ~ m.a.a.d city ~ Section 80, there aren't any outright BAD songs. Not saying DAMN. has anything offensively bad, but outside of the lyrics on their own, most is musically forgetful.

Musically, there are only two songs on this whole album which are as good as that one bit in Freedom (Beyonce), or most of his other music.
GKMC has a bad song, Section 80 has a few, TPAB has none, Damn, has none.

The lyrics don't require Genius, if you can listen to a song, especially more than once, you should be able to analyze the lyrics yourself and figure em out. And Kendrick on Freedom was forgettable, I legit forgot he was on a Swizz Beats beat for god's sake.

Everyone wants to be hard and intimidating don't swing. Soon as he didn't get out and start swinging I just stared em down. We both know whoever swings first is getting the charge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom