• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.
To save us all time...

Last year, I had listened to UU at least like 4 times each week. I can't see myself going back to DAMN. even a few more times, just like Big Sean's Decided which I will only go back to for one song.

The lyrics (requiring Genius.com) are great, smart, deep etc. but the songs are not repeatable, catchy, or instrumentally impressive.

Typically, for me, I rarely find an album where more than half of the songs are the sort that I love to much, I just listen to the entire album on repeat. TLoP was a mess (had to get different versions of the tracks, change up the order to what Ye had last minute) and 70% of those songs are so good I can just perpetually listen to that album.

Going backwards, TPaB ~ m.a.a.d city ~ Section 80, there aren't any outright BAD songs. Not saying DAMN. has anything offensively bad, but outside of the lyrics on their own, most is musically forgetful.

Musically, there are only two songs on this whole album which are as good as that one bit in Freedom (Beyonce), or most of his other music.

BCXMSiVZeo8xy.gif

Was going to analyze this whole post, deleted it, and just put Loyalty on repeat. shrugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Faustek

Slayven, for really man. Even before I ventured in here I knew you had a thing and what that was.

Women just keeping it low key due to the thirst in here.

LionPride

Banned
Which ones?

DAMN. shits on most music out there, I just don't find it as great as the others. Like, if this were my first Kendrick album I wouldn't have known to be a fan. That's all I'm saying.
Real for GKMC

No Makeup, Poe Man's Dreams, Hol Up for Section 80

Izuna

Banned
Real for GKMC

No Makeup, Poe Man's Dreams, Hol Up for Section 80

!

Okay, we're not going to agree. haha

Real is dope

Hol' Up is flames

No Make-Up <3 (I had to hear this like 15 times before hearing the rest) [also the lyrics are beautiful]

Poe Man's Dreams... yeah okay

LionPride

Banned
!

Okay, we're not going to agree. haha

Real is dope

Hol' Up is flames

No Make-Up <3 (I had to hear this like 15 times before hearing the rest) [also the lyrics are beautiful]

Poe Man's Dreams... yeah okay
You're like the only person who likes Real lol

I don't really like DAMN either other than two songs. I feel like I'm so disconnected with most people concerning music that's been released since the late 2000's. I'm not sure how to describe my taste, but I can sense it's vastly different from most.
I'm not aware of who's who in BCT

which are the ladies?

I am, but I'll leave it to the rest if they want to reveal that info.

Izuna

Banned
I don't really like DAMN either other than two songs. I feel like I'm so disconnected with most people concerning music that's been released since the late 2000's. I'm not sure how to describe my taste, but I can sense it's vastly different from most.

Which two? Only DNA. and LOVE. do it for me.

LionPride

Banned

Your tastes are really cool, I get a lot of good music from what you post.

Gambit61

DAMN is the first album I enjoy that most of gafhop kinda likes. Normally they talk about trap rappers which I have no idea what's appealing about them. When they do bring up an artist I like it's 50/50 if they like them or just toss them aside and it's never brought up again lol. It's hard finding good recs for rap. On the other hand the R&B thread and Jazzy hip hop thread have been pretty consistent for me.

You can roll with me and bump classic and old-school hip-hop.

Slayven

Which two? Only DNA. and LOVE. do it for me.
Yah and Feel.

Your tastes are really cool, I get a lot of good music from what you post.
Oh thank you. I do listen to a lot of weird shit too. You even like that?

DAMN is the first album I enjoy that most of gafhop kinda likes. Normally they talk about trap rappers which I have no idea what's appealing about them. When they do bring up an artist I like it's 50/50 if they like them or just toss them aside and it's never brought up again lol. It's hard finding good recs for rap. On the other hand the R&B thread and Jazzy hip hop thread have been pretty consistent for me.

It was To Pimp a Butterfly for me. Yeah, I felt the same way about Gaf Hop.

shingi70

Banned
Uff, that's harsh. Thank him while talking about it? If he helps you he probably doesn't get what's happening.

It's mostly advice, and guidance. He gives me advice but sorta indirectly puts me down. Like he's helping me sign up for this six month trade program but then he talks about how I'm going to be 25 soon and I should at least have an associate degree.

It's mostly advice, and guidance. He gives me advice but sorta indirectly puts me down. Like he's helping me sign up for this six month trade program but then he talks about how I'm going to be 25 soon and I should at least have an associate degree.

Kind of hard to disagree with your uncle here.

Sounds like another round of posting new, different music is coming

brb

Zekes!

You going to show us butthurt Marvelites?

Hmm

How does the rest of Canada feel about Quebec? It always seemed like a bunch of France wantabes got a country and doing them the damnest to get noticed by sempai

Growing up out west we all generally thought Quebec was an attention seeker and complained nonstop. I'll even admit I would say some straight up ignorant things about French-Canada when I was young because that was the mindset out here. Then I actually looked at Canadian history and the source of my discrimination and begun to understand where they were coming from. Quebec was a French colony that was handed over to the British after the British defeated them and the people have been adamant in retaining their culture ever since, which I can't fault them for.

Canada is a lot more regional than non-Canadians might think. Out here in BC we can feel detached from the rest of the country because it often feels like everything revolves around Ontario and Quebec, and we usually shit on Alberta who otherwise gets lumped in with us as being Western Canada.

Slayven

Growing up out west we all generally thought Quebec was an attention seeker and complained nonstop. I'll even admit I would say some straight up ignorant things about French-Canada when I was young because that was the mindset out here. Then I actually looked at Canadian history and the source of my discrimination and begun to understand where they were coming from. Quebec was a French colony that was handed over to the British after the British defeated them and the people have been adamant in retaining their culture ever since, which I can't fault them for.

Canada is a lot more regional than non-Canadians might think. Out here in BC we can feel detached from the rest of the country because it often feels like everything revolves around Ontario and Quebec, and we usually shit on Alberta who otherwise gets lumped in with us as being Western Canada.

If I was Canadian I would live in Alberta, because they have a dinosaur named after them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom