• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
Netflix
Writing
School work
Nioh Patch content

Or getting achievements for some dude

What am I gunna do with these two extra days...

What we drinking?!

ltpJzRed.jpeg

🍸

Slayven

I gotta agree with a good part of what Zekes is saying here, though I take issue with how French Canada operates when it comes to Anglophones and those of us who aren't Québécois.

My experience with French Canada is largely from Toronto summers, because a lot of them visit like religion only to talk pure trash about the city year in and year out. On a personal level, I don't really care for them. I go to Montreal once a year for a couple days, and you can maybe communicate with every 1/5 people. A major city and most of them refuse to speak English.

On a political level? They have no respect for our Constiution, or our Charter of Rights & Freedoms in order to "retain their culture."

Their method of retaining culture is by becoming homogenous through eliminating disparate cultures, and attempting to abolish conspicuous religious gear, just like their mother country. While that failed, they're far from accepting of anyone who deviates from their norms despite our being a country of immigrants.

Then there's their total disregard for inclusiveness in terms of Anglophones within the province, proposed bills propping up that'll make Anglo school boards dealt with by (largely French) communities which violates the Charter rights of English speakers in the province who sit on school boards. Can't forget their insistence on promoting French as a language in legislation at the expense of their Anglo communities instead of operating like every other province and offering both languages for government functions.

They don't care about anyone but French speakers there, but the irony is that they can't survive without Canada. Not only are they stuck between Ontario, Newfoundland, and New Brunswick, but the north of the country in uninhabited and useless land. They aren't self sustained, whatsoever, if you look into their major exports vs. imports.

It's one thing to protect your language and culture, it's another to strip identities in the process by forcing it on everyone, all the way down to businesses.

Literally the worst of the superior provinces. Ain't shit but oil there.
Thanks for the insight how is New Foundland and British Colombia?
m-flo in 2017
For real, makes me think of the good old days of Jpop. RIP Bennie K
🍸

Struggle as your chicken

zeemumu

I've drenched chicken in syrup before because Roscoes gave me more syrup than I needed for the waffles. It works surprisingly well.

Sch1sm

Newfoundland is what everyone wishes Canada truly was when they make "oot and aboot," jokes. What I know for certain is that you won't survive unless you like seafood. 👀 They've got so much of it. It's also hella, hella, helllllla white, but I don't know what I expected considering majority of Canada's population is white.

BC is the Pacific Northwest, now with even better mountains™. One of the most major provinces, and no one pays them any true mind outside Vancouver, Victoria, as Whistler (because ski resort), even when they've got beautiful places like Kelowna under their belt. Highkey, though, right up there in unaffordability if you want to live in the major cities, because all their real estate is being bought out by Asians to the point the province had to make legislation to combat it.

If you really wanna know about NC, though, ask Zekes. He lives there. I only ever go to the three cities I mentioned up there.

D i Z

Mornin'/ afternoon/ good evening.

Today's going to be a Chardonnay day. Hopefully I don't just drink the bottle and forget about the fruit again.

Zekes!

I gotta agree with a good part of what Zekes is saying here, though I take issue with how French Canada operates when it comes to Anglophones and those of us who aren't Québécois.

Good post. I think there's always going to be that underlying tension between Quebec and the rest of the country, or at least it's not something that is going to change anytime soon. There's too much history.

I actually don't know what to say about Newfoundland. They're often the butt of Canadian jokes, but everyone I've ever met from Newfoundland have always been great people. Newfoundland was the last province to join and that was only in 1949. Honestly I always forget about the eastern most provinces except for Nova Scotia, and that's because I was born there and it's the source of my roots.

British Columbia though? I'm biased because I grew up here but it's pretty amazing, and I've only come to appreciate the beauty of it as an adult. It's expensive as hell to live in Vancouver, though it's more manageable to live in one of the surrounding areas that make up the Lower Mainland. I live in the capital, Victoria, which is on Vancouver Island. It's a small city and is also getting more and more expensive to live here or to even find available housing. That said, we do have the best weather in the country, and it barely snows.

Faustek

Evening bct. Who drinking what now?

---

Izuna, I kinda liked it. So where the game at?

-

A judge ordering kids to read and educate themselves? I can respect that.

Young Magus

Night from the east fam....

BUT before bed I gotta ask:

Best Wesley Snipes Line:

"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."
or
"Always bet on black."

D i Z

Got four seasons of Continuum to burn through this weekend. Haven't watched it in years. Is there a recommended stopping point, or am I good to blast on through them all?

akira28

Kills me how they ruined such a great character in Suicide Squad

5014219-6673249161-18aa2.jpg

they had to merge her with the ultra lively and charismatic woman I have to go google her name now...cara delevingne...because the squad movie was so great and her performance so outstanding. but she was awesome for a minute. hell, they even did right by blue devil.

edit: and Detective Chimp could probably float his own media project, I'd be safe and go with a direct to digital animated feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom