• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

Saw the battlefront 2 trailer, went to check what gaming GAF was say---

... ok, nevermind.
3QcE0hX.gif

Izuna

Banned
What the hell else is a phone good for?

And I mean that in the sense that, aren't all of these phones just mostly the same otherwise?

zeemumu

So Target switched the date for those Funko Pops from tomorrow to yesterday(when it should have been originally) and didn't tell anyone so now they're sold out. Damn 4th dimensional scalpers. I went in yesterday morning but apparently they decided to put them out yesterday afternoon.

Izuna

Banned
I dunno.. you tell me.

I feel like my phone misses the playstore... otherwise it misses good VR which only Samsung have

Izuna

Banned
Then why upgrade

See that's what I'm struggling with

I don't play games on my phone. It being a gateway to VR is one thing, otherwise I got a great camera, that's all I need.

Sch1sm

>gaming on phones
>lol

They're not meant to be primary gaming machines. And even if VR took off that well, VR games on mobile aren't hot by any means.

I upgrade every 2 years because phones have a tendency to get sluggish, mostly.

Izuna

Banned
I'm confused.

So am I.

When people pick say, Pixel XL over say, an LG, what are people comparing.

The outer shell, benchmarks? Camera?

They're all the same software no?

>gaming on phones
>lol

They're not meant to be primary gaming machines. And even if VR took off that well, VR games on mobile aren't hot by any means.

It's not VR games I want. I want it for Netflix and those music apps.

Sch1sm

So am I.

When people pick say, Pixel XL over say, an LG, what are people comparing.

The outer shell, benchmarks? Camera?

They're all the same software no?

Same software as in all on Android? Yes. But Pixels don't have the bloatware apps of LG/Samsung devices. Beyond that, it's entirely on benchmark and preference. When I used Android, I only purchased Google Play devices.

i got a 16gb iphone, even if i wanted to play games on my phone i cant.

... with the exclusion of the best app of all time, gamepigeon...

GamePigeon is God. Hit me up with some Filler or 8 ball later.

Izuna

Banned
Same software as in all on Android? Yes. But Pixels don't have the bloatware apps of LG/Samsung devices. Beyond that, it's entirely on benchmark and preference. When I used Android, I only purchased Google Play devices.

Ah okay, I see.

Is it not easy to uninstall all that bloatware?

You willing to pay top level pricing? Pixel xl was 800 for the 32 gb and all the companies seem to indicate prices will stay at that level of increase for premium phones.

I'm in Canada, shits already expensive here.

>gaming on phones
>lol

Yeah, don't care gaming on phones. My Xperia Z3 isn't all that sluggish, but Sony pretty much abandoned the thing — one of caveats of sticking with Android.

Izuna

Banned
Is there anything worth getting VR?

All i see is fancy tech demos

Disregarding that I am listing stuff that's exlusive to different platforms...

Bound is freaking incredible

Robo Recall is probably the best VR thing there and it's really game-changing

and sitting in your own cinema to watch Netflix is as great as people hype it up to be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom