• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
I suppose it's a "don't knock it 'til you've tried it"

If I hadn't borrowed my brother's GearVR I wouldn't think of upgrading. I'd pay the £120 to fix my screen (or not) and chill until the next big reason to buy a new phone.

I'd do S8 + GearVR for £700 (you US citizens get that deal), sadly it doesn't come bundled in the UK etc.

Slayven

Disregarding that I am listing stuff that's exlusive to different platforms...

Bound is freaking incredible

Robo Recall is probably the best VR thing there and it's really game-changing

and sitting in your own cinema to watch Netflix is as great as people hype it up to be
I have a big tv

We buying phones based on VR? Damn, I feel old..ain't got a windows phone tho.
Get rid of this old fart

445EFFDD-FE04-4275-8955-78A7AEAB55A9.jpg

Sch1sm

I guess it's very preferential. VR hasn't wow'd me in any way. I've tried the Oculus and the Vive here in Toronto. It's cool, but I need it to be like 3-5 editions in 'cause I refuse to be the guinea pig to a new commercial tech.

Firefox.

Sometimes the Samsung Internet. People love the private mode on that.

Samsung Email is also way better than Gmail.

What's up with Google Play Books, Movies, Newsstand, etc... Who uses that bloatware?

Firefox? Is this 2006, Faceless?

Any mail client is superior to Gmail's if you use other mail services.

You're missing my point, though. I'm not saying that there aren't useless apps on primary Google devices. "I just mean you only get native Google apps in one case, and a whole lot of brand specific on top of the Google ones when it comes to LG/Samsung/HTC etc."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Izuna

Banned
I have a big tv

I implore you to ask for a demo if you're ever in a mall somewhere

My big brother is huge on VR, got the Rift, PSVR, GearVR etc...

He literally runs everything through his headset whether it's the Xbox One streaming via PC or straight from his 1080Ti and he plays games on the large screen in the headset. I can fully understand why.

Multiplayer gaming in VR is awesome too. It enhancing the escapism. There's only a couple of games that use VR to make it a better game... I've mentioned them.

What browser do you use instead? Dolphin? LOL.

I just mean you only get native Google apps in one case, and a whole lot of brand specific on top of the Google ones when it comes to LG/Samsung/HTC etc.

I went through whole browser hopping — tried lots different ones. In the end, I just stuck with Chrome.
I don't mind Googles apps, but the phone makers/carriers kinda go to far with that stuff still.

Slayven

I guess it's very preferential. VR hasn't wow'd me in any way. I've tried the Oculus and the Vive here in Toronto. It's cool, but I need it to be like 3-5 editions in 'cause I refuse to be the guinea pig to a new commercial tech.
VR won't takeoff until ti is wire free, and i not talking about slapping a phone into a cardboard box
I implore you to ask for a demo if you're ever in a mall somewhere

I drove by a mall today, haven't been in one in a year

Izuna

Banned
For me, VR has already made it, haha

That being said, if iPhone 8 had something like GearVR... I'd throw my money at an Apple Store clerk

I use my phone for everything.

The Gear VR is a nice diversion, a nice distraction, and now with the Gear 360 camera, a nice 360 degree viewer...

It's held my attention for longer than my 3DTV has!

Sch1sm

I swear this post wasn't there before Sch1sm's. Are you a wizard?

The only logical answer is he has a genie.

---

Since I have an iPhone and a MacBook, I rarely ever use my phone. Minute I. hop off either of these, the lack of continuity and handoff will force me to actually use the device. Then I'm gonna have to invest in a wicked good portable charger, 'cause lord knows the batter ain't taking me anywhere.

andthebeatgoeson

I mainly use my phone as an ereader

But every year it is the year of VR. Home 3d TV should have been sign at how VR was going
True words. VR will be a hard sell without groups of people experiencing it at the same time simultaneously.

I have a free VR with this pixel and it's still in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom