• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

Morning

Looks like you put the milk in first
Do you also not split KitKats and bite right in the middle of all the pieces..
Pizza of pineapple..
Sleep under the bed.

For the sake of the photo, yes.
Yes. Fuck your sharing bullshit. What's minie is mine and what's yours will be mine soon enough.
Th- that's how you make your scrambled eggs? They look like pieces of carpet dude. The fuck? Did you even use milk in those?

Rest looks good, though.

Skillet fried eggs. It's a different technique for scrambling and it's much more flavorful.

Izuna

Banned
Nigga you better youtube a few videos or something. How you not able to cook?

I can cook, I just don't.

Doesn't help that when I first started living with her, any attempt to cook and she would get into hand-slapping mode.

It's her thing, I've stopped being such a feminist 2 years in and just let her own the kitchen.

Izuna

Banned
Realised that my old cooking thread has broken links, so I'm reuploading for you guys.

AsJ57Tv.jpg

xXvB9mO.jpg

Recipe:

1. Prepare Chicken Breast by massaging Basil (and then) salt on it, then leave it sitting on the chopping board.

2. Prepare (A LOT) of butter on a smaller pan, and on the side (separate for now) fresh thyme. I used about 2 table spoons of the stuff. You don't need to separate the sticks from the leaves (?) so much, just don't overdo it on the sticks (it needs to dissolve).

3. Prepare half a Lemon, and separately, grate its zest (like one tablespoon full) for later.

(from here, it's just an order of events, most would just make sense if you know how to cook anything)

4. Prepare the Lemon Butter, squeezing the lemon into the melted butter and wait until you have that PERFECT balance. At the same time the Chicken can be seared a little and on low-heat waiting for the Lemon Butter to be ready.

5. When the balance between lemon and butter is good (like you can lick it and not feel sick) put all of the fresh thyme in and after a few seconds, pour about half of what you have prepared into the pan with the chicken.

6.i Cook the chicken beautifully with a little bit of olive oil (I got so fucking lucky, I remembered from Hell's Kitchen to check and how to put it back in the pan). Put the zest on top at the end of cooking the chicken, this is keep the theme of the meal the same even if the lemon butter is finished and all you have is just chicken on the plate.

! DO NOT SERVE PINK CHICKEN!!

6.ii Just before the chicken is done, asparagus slices go into the original Lemon Butter pan and cook through.

7. Transfer the chicken to a kitchen towel to remove the dripping lemon butter/olive oil from the BOTTOM only. Put on the plate, then put the asparagus on and the rest of the original lemon butter on the plate (but not over the chicken).

8. Finally put the baby spinach on top and bread straight from the oven on the plate (not too much) and serve it with some Rose (Cava Brut is good, but any Rose with bubbles will be fine really) with some bread on the side.

Izuna

Banned
Thats a keeper

Yeah, like...

She makes the fucking INCREDIBLE Tofu Burgers that hug my very soul ~~ no one else makes them too so it's got that motherly element to it too.

I'm probably projecting too much, but for example, she knows I eat a lot and get hungry quickly, so she'll make too much rice and make them into Onigiri.

Only downside is that she hates pineapple on pizza so I can never order it.

Yeah, like...

She makes the fucking INCREDIBLE Tofu Burgers that hug my very soul ~~ no one else makes them too so it's got that motherly element to it too.

I'm probably projecting too much, but for example, she knows I eat a lot and get hungry quickly, so she'll make too much rice and make them into Onigiri.

Only downside is that she hates pineapple on pizza so I can never order it.
And she doesn't like pineapple on pizza? Dont fuck it up or ill swoop in.

hypernima

Banned
I can cook, I just don't.

Doesn't help that when I first started living with her, any attempt to cook and she would get into hand-slapping mode.

It's her thing, I've stopped being such a feminist 2 years in and just let her own the kitchen.

Summon the power in her absence. You can do it.

Cooking was usually split among me and former SO's, never really got hand waved cause my cooking was on point apparently.

Izuna

Banned
Summon the power in her absence. You can do it.

Cooking was usually split among me and former SO's, never really got hand waved cause my cooking was on point apparently.

My partner isn't one to entertain herself, so if we're both in the house and I'm cooking, she's either cleaning (pointlessly) or cooking is the only thing going. She'll peak over, she'll wanna help...

Don't wanna go into details, but once we ended up with some Hello Fresh (recipe to your door kinda thing) boxes and thought we should cook together last year. We ended up getting mad at each other.

If I was allowed to cook by myself with interruption, then yeah, I'd be happy to. But then she'd be eating Spaghetti Bolognaise frequently :D

-snip-

You're welcome.

I've been experimenting with my hair this year and I'm enjoying it. I can't do anything too against the norm since I work in corporate America but I started growing my hair out and using the curl sponge at the top of it and keeping the sides skin tight. It feels freeing to let me hair have character instead of doing my typical light/dark cesar with waves.

shingi70

Banned
Morining and happy Easter .

Watching the Battlefront 2 Panel, I'm glad lucasfilm are doubling down on strong Women and People of Color. I'm unfortunately already seeing salt from people who don't want to play as a woman in the story.

Slayven

Watching the Battlefront 2 Panel, I'm glad lucasfilm are doubling down on strong Women and People of Color. I'm unfortunately already seeing salt from people who don't want to play as a woman in the story.

That is where the money is now

Why would I want to play a woman or someone of color?? I can't relate to them!

zeemumu

Well, if there's anything I've learned from Kingdom Hearts it's the importance of having 3-4 contingency plans. I ain't out of the fight yet.

Sch1sm

Nope

Load a bowl with milk, grab the box and go watch some Saturday cartoons. It's how I spent those days as a kid. I don't eat much cereal these days, so it's what I know.

Your way works if you plan to just have the one bowl.

No, my way works to plan 'cause I'm not too lazy to go back to the kitchen and fix a second bowl, bruh. What is this?

Skittles

those people can get fucked.

good morning everyone

besada

Banned
https://digital.library.cornell.edu/catalog?f[collection_tesim][]=Adler+Hip+Hop+Archive

The link above takes you to Cornell's newly released Adler Hip Hop Archive, full of photos and documents.

Like:
rEfK0SN.jpg

Public Enemy signing at Def Jam with a ridiculously young Rick Rubin.

As well as official label bios for acts, clippings of rap coverage from the time period, and stuff like original concert posters.

Heavy on Public Enemy and LL Cool J. Just in case anyone is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom