• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

I get feeling sorry for his fam. But so many dudes actually feeling for him? It's mad.

What bothers me about this is some of the posters feeling sorry for his family didn't show that same sentiment with the FB Killer, lol. I'd comment, but lord knows I'm gonna get hit with the ridiculous, "Apples and oranges," argument.

Family, I'm back.

How's life?

Any news?

I see OT hasn't changed

Life's good.

The world is moving, the usual. You alright?

zeemumu

Yeah, you may as well finish up. Your case reminds me of Prinny's. Y'all may as well get that shit done and hope things work out career wise. In my position, it only added an additional 7 courses. So I could just do a summer term, an extra term, and graduate not too late. A lot of my credits transferred over, though.

Programming is the superior part of it all. I'm with you on that. I hated it in school, though, if that makes any sense? I love taking on a side project. I do one every quarter, at this rate. But those are for me, and I think that's the difference. I'm not on any 2 week deadline to write 100-500 lines, whatever.

Yeah and I'm already pretty late due to not doing very well early on. I was drifting around aimlessly and taking a lot of classes that I thought would be interesting but didn't actually need for my degree. Depression definitely didn't help with this.

Sch1sm

I'm​ good. I've been drinking tequila and every other liquor for the past 4 days. I'll be back in the gym tomorrow. I have to make up for these days of foolishness.

Hope you stayed safe. LOL. We all need some breaks.

Yeah and I'm already pretty late due to not doing very well early on. I was drifting around aimlessly and taking a lot of classes that I thought would be interesting but didn't actually need for my degree. Depression definitely didn't help with this.

Yeah, I get you. Just stick it out, honestly. You can still break into IT with a CS degree, not unheard of. Worst case, now you can program for life regardless?

Yep, have himself a bedsheet nap.

Wow. Unbelievable. Man, I can't even understands how that dude ended up as he did. Remember rooting for him when he was playing college ball with T up in UF..he was talented as hell. Who throws away their life like this? Dude was making millions..living the dream.

Fucking assclown..

zeemumu

Yeah, I get you. Just stick it out, honestly. You can still break into IT with a CS degree, not unheard of. Worst case, now you can program for life regardless?

Yeah, hopefully it works out. We're in graduation season now and a lot of my friends graduated last year so I always get a little saddened by it because I'm late to doing so. Plus summer's my low point moodwise while fall is my high point.

Sch1sm

Yeah, hopefully it works out. We're in graduation season now and a lot of my friends graduated last year so I always get a little saddened by it because I'm late to doing so. Plus summer's my low point moodwise while fall is my high point.

This time constraint on graduating in 4 years is nothing but a construct. Take your time. Graduate on your own terms without compromising your mental health. You'll never be lesser than them because you didn't graduate "on time" with your peers. Use this time to make some additional networks, secure good relationships even with professors.

Like, zee, get this. I left high school in June 2013. (Yes, I'm young, BCT, shut up). Took a year off before going to college just to determine what I want to do properly, and I'm still not graduating in 4 years because I dropped my course load this semester because despite taking the first 2.5 years on a full load, I was getting increasingly anxious and stressed out. Wasn't worth it.

It's increasingly common that people aren't graduating in 4 years. It's surprising how many people I know who've stretched their degree out from 4, up to as far as 7 years.

Bronx-Man

Banned
That sounds absolutely darling.

As for the last part...I don't want to know but I have to. What the hell did I miss?
tumblr_oj9sypi8CB1roeajto1_r1_500.jpg

Captain-America-Sam-Wilson-2015-017-2017-digital-013-1-e1483561961206-600x240.jpg

Yeah...

Beefy

What bothers me about this is some of the posters feeling sorry for his family didn't show that same sentiment with the FB Killer, lol. I'd comment, but lord knows I'm gonna get hit with the ridiculous, "Apples and oranges," argument.

Dudes are weird with their sports stars.

Ya'll slandering Ques lol, watch Lion pledge in college.

Sup Darryl, how are you dude? You up for some Overwatch this evening?

I've been good man. Work has been pushing me some but nothing bad. How have you been? And tonight might be a bad night for me. I won't be home until 9:30PM, if you will be on I'm down for a few games though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom