• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
tumblr_oj9sypi8CB1roeajto1_r1_500.jpg

Captain-America-Sam-Wilson-2015-017-2017-digital-013-1-e1483561961206-600x240.jpg

Yeah...

what the hell is this?

Dont know if any of you fuck with Elite Dangerous but they just added a character creator with multiple legit black hairstyles and an Afro aint one of them. Almost shead a tear when I saw a proper fade.

Ya'll slandering Ques lol, watch Lion pledge in college.

I've been good man. Work has been pushing me some but nothing bad. How have you been? And tonight might be a bad night for me. I won't be home until 9:30PM, if you will be on I'm down for a few games though.

Good to hear, man. Been working and just living, dude. Also 930 ain't bad, I'll probably still be on by then.

Faustek

Evening bct.

[imghttps://68.media.tumblr.com/acdfc653f4dc0444fd4a942381342843/tumblr_oj9sypi8CB1roeajto1_r1_500.jpg[/img]

[imghttps://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Captain-America-Sam-Wilson-2015-017-2017-digital-013-1-e1483561961206-600x240.jpg[/img]

Yeah...

That was something.... Don't tell me it's Wilson their after...

what the hell is this?

You tell me. Really, tell me.
_

Man, still chuckling at the idiot Ardian Syaf. I love idiots that outs themselves. Easier to deal with.

So this clown on Reddit seriously believes that one-day White people will be able to freely say nigger as just another word.

I'm tired of the current, ongoing, growing discourse on race. I'm completely against true racism (racism racism), but as long as there are cultures that use race or other specific categorical attributes as the key to inclusion, be they white, black, police, social justice, ghetto, Hispanic, or otherwise, those cultures will be worthy of both praise and critique. The endless working of the anti racist vein seems to be more about providing fuel for people to capitalize on and less about actually understanding and repairing the world.
One day the n word will be used freely and without racist bigotry, as will "SJW" or cop, without thereby assaulting the good of any such culture. Such a criticism can be overly general, but it can also target the simple fact of a governing category and identity that irreducibly, but not totally, controls what takes place in a given culture. In addition to unacceptable hated, this is the modicum of truth on the part of bigots who are not entirely so.
This releve or or sublation of the sides in these honored debates and battles can free us to better attempts at progress. Without this basic step, we remain bound.

And tried to justify it to me personally with this:

Look at Chris Rick's famous rant. Oh, I know he regrets it, but the point is strong and clear. You're just not ready for it.

Why do White people think that everything is really theirs to have....

Mizerman

So this clown on Reddit seriously believes that one-day White people will be able to freely say nigger as just another word.

It's funny that person (a term I'm using loosely) is typing all those words, yet is more likely never to do something about it and seems content at hiding behind the computer screen.

Always got that Chris Rock bit in their back pocket

People are turning around on Finn in Star Wars.

He's such a better character for it than I expected though.

He's brave (heroic!), but not perfect. Tries hard, gets beaten down. He tries with everything he's got to 110% protect Rey when she's thrown down, and... fails. I really want to see what's next for him.

His origin, too. I have young kids (4yo & 2yo), and when I explained the setup - "he's a badguy because that's what he was told to be but he doesn't WANT to be a badguy and he's deciding to NOT be" - the look on their faces made me want to cry. It's powerful. Something resonated and it's come up with them since.

Anyhow. Um. I like this movie.

Anytime kids are affected by a character it makes me rethink things a bit.

Nigga was the main damn hero..been saying it since day one. Folks need to relax with the janitor bullshit. Like y'all would crack on your daddy like that if he cleaned toilets for a living lol..

a better person to these folks because he had "talent and a future".[/QUOTE]

Always got that Chris Rock bit in their back pocket

No wonder he hates that joke

I'll be honest, I'm not even down with the nigga variant of the word but I accept/tolerate it, I guess. But White people want to be able to say nigga so bad that they will pull out any justification to be able to use it knowing damn well Chris Rock was in no way giving them permission. Just like with Chappelle, they want to be able to throw "niggers" or "niggas" around and secretly chuckle to themselves about how they really mean it.

Shy

Morning, BCT..
Mornin all.
Morning, y'all.
^ Mornin' everyone.
greetings folks
Morning Good People, Jandro, and Sch1sm.
Afternoon BCT
greetings all
Afternoon y'all!
Evening.
Family, I'm back.
Welcome back.
Two final exams today...an hour apart from each other
rqJV9Iz.png
Break a leg.
I really thought Bill O'reily was bullet proof
Same.
Nigga was the main damn hero..been saying it since day one. Folks need to relax with the janitor bullshit. Like y'all would crack on your daddy like that if he cleaned toilets for a living lol..
Exactly.

I still maintain the next movie is a 50/50 split with the two of them then the third one is almost all his movie.

zeemumu

I always enjoy seeing how much fun Boyega has being Finn. He did a pretty good job of holding his own against Kylo despite not being a Force User. Most people don't survive shit like that.

Could've been a high ranking stormtrooper if he hadn't left.

I always enjoy seeing how much fun Boyega has being Finn. He did a pretty good job of holding his own against Kylo despite not being a Force User. Most people don't survive shit like that.

Kylo is his title, Ren is as green as grass. He ran off from his Force training (probably because it was hard) so he could play dress up with all the other Vader worshippers. At some point I imagine a classically trained Force user like Luke is going to hand him his ass

Slayven

a better person to these folks because he had "talent and a future".

I'll be honest, I'm not even down with the nigga variant of the word but I accept/tolerate it, I guess. But White people want to be able to say nigga so bad that they will pull out any justification to be able to use it knowing damn well Chris Rock was in no way giving them permission. Just like with Chappelle, they want to be able to throw "niggers" or "niggas" around and secretly chuckle to themselves about how they really mean it.[/QUOTE]

It really irks them that their privilege doesn't extend that far. Like an itch they can't scratch

zeemumu

Kylo is his title, Ren is as green as grass. He ran off from his Force training (probably because it was hard) so he could play dress up with all the other Vader worshippers. At some point I imagine a classically trained Force user like Luke is going to hand him his ass

Yeah but even then, most force users are leagues above regular people. Even with little training

Yeah but even then, most force users are leagues above regular people. Even with little training

They should introduce Force-resistant people, those that it simply doesn't work on.

It really irks them that their privilege doesn't extend that far. Like an itch they can't scratch

Cause they used to be able to say it with all the venom in their hearts but we took it away from them.

shingi70

Banned
Cloak and Dagger looks like it's well shot. Seems it's going the Luke Cage, Jessica Jones route of being a superhero show with something to say? Really curious about Black Lightning.

Faustek

That was beautiful to bad so many people haven't gotten the wakeup call yet and yes. Kids truly are important for us to see the way forward.

Really now. With every third brother out there giving out hood passes and trying to be part of some group and leaving their self respect at home it wouldn't surprise me if it becomes a majority of people seeing it as nothing.

And I'm not down either with any variation of the word and I'm sick and tired of friends bringing up the Pac argument. Yeah so what? That's his view it isn't mine and if you want to eat my food in my house you respect my wishes or leave before I make you leave.
But then again I would never try to take it away from the young bloods out there. If they believe it's theirs then I'm not the one to stop them. Senpai here wrote it up rather well in a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom