• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT is about to have an Ashy event, plan accordingly

Opa-opa, now that was some fuckery.

I don't think it'll get ashy. Perhaps he'll explain how some go the taye diggs route and how that impacts things. Or he could just go crazy and say having a white wife means he doesn't embrace his blackness. No telling

Slayven

Care to elaborate for the people that weren't there in the olden days?
Opa was the original board for banned folks to shit on Gaf, except it was looser than Reddit.

I don't think it'll get ashy. Perhaps he'll explain how some go the taye diggs route and how that impacts things. Or he could just go crazy and say having a white wife means he doesn't embrace his blackness. No telling

I like that you have hope, never lose that Crimson God, or else you will become another Lionpride

Opa was the original board for banned folks to shit on Gaf, except it was looser than Reddit.

I like that you have hope, never lose that Crimson God, or else you will become another Lionpride

Hope is all we have. I feel like deep water is trying to convey something that is real, but is not putting it in a manner that may play well to many.

Do I believe Obama would be the same without Michelle? Nope. Does Michelle's identity impact who she is and thus impact who impact who Barack is? Absolutely. Her black experiences helped mold her. His pursuit of her, helped mold him. That pursuit was impacted by her experiences as a black woman. I won't say if he'd be better or worse without her, could never know. I do believe he'd be different to some degree.

Well. Looks like he didn't get ashy and merely was basing it on history. So yea...a Taye Diggs thing. LOL

Slayven

Hope is all we have. I feel like deep water is trying to convey something that is real, but is not putting it in a manner that may play well to many.

Do I believe Obama would be the same without Michelle? Nope. Does Michelle's identity impact who she is and thus impact who impact who Barack is? Absolutely. Her black experiences helped mold her. His pursuit of her, helped mold him. That pursuit was impacted by her experiences as a black woman. I won't say if he'd be better or worse without her, could never know. I do believe he'd be different to some degree.

Yes, but it is boiling down to white woman vs black woman. Which isn't right

Yes, but it is boiling down to white woman vs black woman. Which isn't right

I feel like he'd be different if he were with Robin Givens too though. It really comes down to the person. If he had married a white woman, she could be the same partner, but it'd be different because no 2 people are the same. I think everything about a person's identity impacts who they are. Being the only child... everything

Slayven

I feel like he'd be different if he were with Robin Givens too though. It really comes down to the person. If he had married a white woman, she could be the same partner, but it'd be different because no 2 people are the same. I think everything about a person's identity impacts who they are. Being the only child... everything

I want to know what impacts people in such a way they think Zack Snyder is a good director

andthebeatgoeson

Nigga thicken that skin please. I don't even really post anymore and I get shit on in this thread on a near daily basis. It's not that big of a deal.
You get shat on cuz she didn't empty out before you licked her real good. It's a simple question: have you took a dump today, then showered? It'll save you a lot trouble.

I don't dwell on those ideas that try to bring him down. He's our JFK, not perfect but a symbol of the hope of a better time, we went from yes we can to yes we did. People will always try to come up with flaws for Obama, he is everything they have. The living, speaking proof that not only can a black man achieve the highest office in the land but he can be successful.

andthebeatgoeson

How old were you guys when you joined gaf?

I was 21.
Which GAF? I remember my first argument on gaf was over ether vs takeover.

Which is older than some of y'all.

I fucked up somewhere in life. To be arguing on the interwebs for 16 years.

This was all before this edition of gaf. There have, in fact, been 6 editions of gaf.
1432750516540.jpg

I don't dwell on those ideas that try to bring him down. He's our JFK, not perfect but a symbol of the hope of a better time, we went from yes we can to yes we did. People will always try to come up with flaws for Obama, he is everything they have. The living, speaking proof that not only can a black man achieve the highest office in the land but he can be successful.

Damn straight.

I'll have respect for him until I'm old and grey and way beyond that.

andthebeatgoeson

Wait, are people taking shots at Obama because of an old girl? Who doesn't have some old flames you thought were the one? I'm glad I'm too busy.

Democrats better come up with a new team. Because the current crop is terrible. Put Warren up there, Booker, Kamala Harris and the vet from Illinois up there and let's move past the old and busted. Just need some new blood. I'm tired of these old fucks who don't have a clue.

akira28

Wait, are people taking shots at Obama because of an old girl? Who doesn't have some old flames you thought were the one? I'm glad I'm too busy.

Democrats better come up with a new team. Because the current crop is terrible. Put Warren up there, Booker, Kamala Harris and the vet from Illinois up there and let's move past the old and busted. Just need some new blood. I'm tired of these old fucks who don't have a clue.

sorry but the folks that ran the old show gotta get their rotation in, or at least see clear data that their time is done.

akira28

I get what you were trying to say. And welcome to the thread

Nah. I think they're more shocked that there are differing feelings about powerful black men with white wives.

Look at Magic Johnson vs Michael Jordan. I know Mike divorced his black wife, but the point stands
I havent been keeping up with the news, I just happened to peruse the Daily Mail on break and saw their sensationalist take on shit.

Obama used coke, and his white girlfriend said they "f*cked".

I'll catch up to mid day gaf in the next half hour or so...

I havent been keeping up with the news, I just happened to peruse the Daily Mail on break and saw their sensationalist take on shit.

Obama used coke, and his white girlfriend said they "f*cked".

I'll catch up to mid day gaf in the next half hour or so...

Oh. Well I missed out on the reactions outside of the thread. Lol. Of course they mad out there.

Time for the rise of Franken.

Why do people like chik-fil-a so much? Shit is mediocre at best.

Then again lots of people hear don't even know how to wash their asses properly so I guess knowing how to make good chicken is out of the question

Slayven

Then again lots of people hear don't even know how to wash their asses properly so I guess knowing how to make good chicken is out of the question

Saw that thread and noped so hard i went to gaming side

I like it. Tastes fresh. That makes me as bad as someone that supports Trump to some

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom