• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

We give white people cancer with just our sun aura when they get near us?
dbvVwJ4.gif

Nothing worse then a white well off Tory supporter saying I am chatting shit about how the poor are treated in the UK.
Fuck the Tories.
Just a heads up, Get Out is out on digital today (Amazon, Google Play, Vudu)..
God that film was dope.
Like usual, any time something pops up that the consensus of the thread doesn't wanna talk about, let's talk about fried chicken and act like a minstrel show. Storm Chamber ain't wrong bout y'all. Can't even remotely take the heat.
RdzT42l.gif

I wanted clarification from CM Duck because the way our convo was going in the other thread, it would be closed or we would be banned in an instant. This thread was the only thread relevant to the topic, and I didn't think to take it to pm's because she made it public to begin with.

That means I came to start a fight?

Nah, I came for clarification.
Which should have been sought in PMs

PM, stands for Private Message.

A Private Message is where you send another NeoGAF™ forum user, a correspondence (that means where you exchange letters) where only the sender and the one receiving messages can see.

Just thought i'd explain that to you, because for some reason you find it hard to understand the concept.
Had a phone interview that went ok, won't hear anything until later this week.
Had another one today that prolly isn't gonna pan out.
Touched base with another one that had me fill out some forms a couple days ago, won't hear back until next week.

I'm good with budgeting and shit, but this month is gonna be a test.
Stay strong. And break a leg with the job hunting.
Been telling y'all that you ain't shit for the longest.
Quiet you. 😜
fm4Gf0j.jpg

Man this cycle is all fucked up.

Also, Kreed or Sub: please make a new BCT cycle image. This one is too old now.
That "DY is disappointed" should be changed to "Shy is disappointed"

LionPride

Banned
So, because you disagree with me, rather than asking for clarification, you dismiss my life experience showing how truly thin black camaraderie is. I'm so sorry I don't give a fuck about a fried chicken joint called The Coop that plays 90's hip hop. How does that impact my life as a black person? Rather than concentrating on the gentrification, you and those others offended by it concentrate on the fact a white person is making a fried chicken joint in the ghetto. What's important to me is that my trans sisters are murdered by black men and no one gives a fuck. What's important to me is that doctors consider black children vulnerable by pain by instinct, and under prescribe our children medicine. What matters to me that currently Donald Trump says that funding HBCU's may be unconstitutional.

But nah, but what crosses the line and revokes my black card is that I don't give a fuck about a chicken place ran by a white man.

Your "movement" is a damn joke. It is a mockery of social justice; a pugilistic take on the world as you cut your nose to spite your face. You justify hate and what has been accomplished since Trayvon was murdered? Jack shit.

So pardon me if I find your easily offended, soapbox standing, cowardly take on social reform to not really work. What is the point of getting mad about that chicken place exactly? How does this impact black people in any real way? It doesn't. But because it's us vs theme, black vs white, any example of someone black not completely in line is clearly the enemy.

I have sinned greatly. I have said hateful things. I have been an awful person. I have been wrong. I repent for my mistakes.

This doesn't mean I'm not black. Your "philosophy" - if it is one - is verbal poison.

No. They want to talk shit pubicly, it will happen pubicly.

Like usual, any time something pops up that the consensus of the thread doesn't wanna talk about, let's talk about fried chicken and act like a minstrel show. Storm Chamber ain't wrong bout y'all. Can't even remotely take the heat.

Yeah, this is certainly a good way to get anyone on ya side. Great way to establish an actual conversation, almost immediately go to minstrel show shit. If you wanna have an actual convo, don't pop up somewhere spouting some Outrage Culture shit, acting like niggas don't care about shit, oh and don't act like an ass! :)

Kreed

Cindi hasn't she's posted in a BCT thread since 2016 and the first post she makes is popping off at another member and calling the thread trash. smmfh

http://i.imgur.com/fm4Gf0j.jpg[IMG]

Man this cycle is all fucked up.

Also, Kreed or Sub: please make a new BCT cycle image. This one is too old now.[/QUOTE]

I did that 4 months ago:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/PlXilW9.jpg

D i Z

Someone is asking for love and all I are reasons to not give it. I don't know, but BCT is tripping.

Cindi, at least, C.M. admits it's offensive. Perhaps nothing more will come of this but it can only become more tense.

I can't offer anything other than to suggest, as unfair as it is, to not bring this up atm. You know how proud people can be.

Cindi is no stranger here. She's been in the fold. Coming screaming that we all ain't shit when we used to be kind of chummy is hilarious though.

This is just disappointing. All around.

Yes, a private message could have been a good solution, but that is clearly not what
Cindi wanted.

And let me be clear, having one's blackness questioned, on this site in general and in this community in particular, is unwarranted and uncalled for. Unless the person in question is Rachel Dolezal.

What I'm seeing is people, mostly men, uncomfortable with the anger of a woman. And I'm also seeing Cindi rage at everyone in this channel for the actions of one person. Perhaps because no one was defending her and she either met silence or a call for silence (the PMs). Even if it was only meant to prevent unneeded tension, you can see how it would look to another woman.

I would like to add that as we all have our own journeys of blackness, so to speak, that we can also hold multiple opinions at the same time. We can be mad at gentrification /and/ the murders of black transwomen. We can be concerned about the school to prison pipeline /and/ miffed at Miley Cyrus and others who appropriate our culture. We can read James Baldwin and watch Love and Hip Hop in Wherever. Or, we can not give a fuck about any of this (I'd prefer to not be around someone like this, but once again, I'm not going to question their blackness, just their morals).

This is just my opinion, obviously.

Slayven

Yes, a private message could have been a good solution, but that is clearly not what
Cindi wanted.

And let me be clear, having one's blackness questioned, on this site in general and in this community in particular, is unwarranted and uncalled for. Unless the person in question is Rachel Dolezal.

What I'm seeing is people, mostly men, uncomfortable with the anger of a woman. And I'm also seeing Cindi rage at everyone in this channel for the actions of one person. Perhaps because no one was defending her and she either met silence or a call for silence (the PMs). Even if it was only meant to prevent unneeded tension, you can see how it would look to another woman.

I would like to add that as we all have our own journeys of blackness, so to speak, that we can also hold multiple opinions at the same time. We can be mad at gentrification /and/ the murders of black transwomen. We can be concerned about the school to prison pipeline /and/ miffed at Miley Cyrus and others who appropriate our culture. We can read James Baldwin and watch Love and Hip Hop in Wherever. Or, we can not give a fuck about any of this (I'd prefer to not be around someone like this, but once again, I'm not going to question their blackness, just their morals).

We need a good game of bulletball to work off some energy

LionPride

Banned

Cindi wanted.

Fair opinion, I know personally I was just annoyed that someone came aggressively with the whole outrage culture and y'all getting offended by menial things instead of the real issues angle and didn't understand why she was doin this here as if she had to bring it here and then come for the whole thread.

We need a good game of bulletball to work off some energy

What about bulletball extreme

Slayven

Street Fighter counts as anime!
CO4rS.gif

Fair opinion, I know personally I was just annoyed that someone came aggressively with the whole outrage culture and y'all getting offended by menial things instead of the real issues angle and didn't understand why she was doin this here as if she had to bring it here and then come for the whole thread.

What about bulletball extreme

We as a community are not ready for Bulletball extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom