• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
Really, I think what was said of Cindi was offensive and this reaction is to be expected.

If we are going to move on from this, let's at least appreciate that.

While I get that his thread isn't about conflict, it is also the one place where Cindi could potentially ask for backup. It makes sense why it happened.

Let's take a breath and avoid this fight?

Beefy

Really, I think what was said of Cindi was offensive and this reaction is to be expected.

While I get that his thread isn't about conflict, it is also the one place where Cindi could potentially ask for backup. It makes sense why it happened.

I think it would have been different if Cindi had been chilled and came in here.

At least for some of those I can just do some quick Google research. I've taken so many "office punctuation/grammar" and typing tests over the past few days, it feels like I'm back in English class.

I'm dyslexic, so have no chance with punctuation/grammar.

Izuna

Banned
I think it would have been different if Cindi would have been chilled and came in here.

Ofc, but I can also see how that comment would make them not very chill.

Disagree with people all you like but don't undermine their skin colour because you disagree. That's no different from that whole "one of the good ones" BS. It's hard af being a minority as it is, having an opinion, no matter how much you disagree with it, shouldn't get you shunned away from your heritage.

But I digress, I'm not trying to fuel this debate.

Malyse

fm4Gf0j.jpg

Man this cycle is all fucked up.

Also, Kreed or Sub: please make a new BCT cycle image. This one is too old now.

andthebeatgoeson

I mean, if we really are gonna talk about it, let's talk about it:
That other thread is still open. It's two pages long.
There is really no other reason to post about it in here.
It's ironically funny to call people cowards that can't take criticism while hunting down a dude for one post? I think I counted one post against Cindi by Duck. I could have missed another.

Like, this is BCT. It's random assortment of people talking about what they want. That free speech cuts both ways.

I keep jumping into the logic and not being able to follow any of it. Yes, it's a shit comment but why is this room equipped to resolve that? Because we're black? Because he posts here a lot?

Let's not avoid it. Let's figure this shit out so we can understand.

I'm not going to deny that I said what I said to be cruel. I'm tired of people cosigning trifling shit with "as a black" and that goes double for when they purport to be about the movement elsewhere.

You know what, she's black. Blacker than the nighttime sky of Bed-Stuy in July.

She also says some extremely cornball shit.

Clarification

That's the last I'm going to say on it.

Izuna

Banned
I mean, if we really are gonna talk about it, let's talk about it:
That other thread is still open. It's two pages long.
There is really no other reason to post about it in here.
It's ironically funny to call people cowards that can't take criticism while hunting down a dude for one post? I think I counted one post against Cindi by Duck. I could have missed another.

Like, this is BCT. It's random assortment of people talking about what they want. That free speech cuts both ways.

I keep jumping into the logic and not being able to follow any of it. Yes, it's a shit comment but why is this room equipped to resolve that? Because we're black? Because he posts here a lot?

Let's not avoid it. Let's figure this shit out so we can understand.

I have no other motivating than to explain why the reaction happened the way it did. If the end goal is to move away from it then it's best to at least understand how not to let it happen again.

No one deserves to be angered and no one wants the aftermath.

It's just as well to explain the post isn't serious or apologise for it, and that would get the same result as Cindi not caring anymore.

Edit: There it is :)

Johndoey

Banned
This should've been kept to PMs or the thread it originated in.

But if you got to come in maybe don't do it with some presumptuous "y'all ain't focused on the real problems!" shit.

How am I supposed to be calm after CM Duck has come at my blackness multiple times in many weeks exactly? I came in as calm as I was gonna get.

And this is the reply?

I'm sorry, but this:

Maybe it's just me, but this

And some other gems I've seen you drop lately seem a little melanin-light

it's not defensible.

And I have a right to be mad about it.

It could have been brought here, I don't think it would have been good to do so, but it could have been.

Then Cindi came here very aggressively and shit went off the rails at 250 mph

Bullshit. But I already know you're not about shit so it's par for the course.

LionPride

Banned
How am I supposed to be calm after CM Duck has come at my blackness multiple times in many weeks exactly? I came in as calm as I was gonna get.

And this is the reply?

I'm sorry, but this:

it's not defensible.

Aight, now you gonna answer why you came aggressively at everyone else at your shit? This is a you problem, and again, when literally no one else gave a damn you got upset.

The topic it started in is still open, you could have done ya hashin out in there because don't bring ya outside bullshit into here.

Aight, now you gonna answer why you came aggressively at everyone else at your shit? This is a you problem, and again, when literally no one else gave a damn you got upset.

The topic it started in is still open, you could have done ya hashin out in there because don't bring ya outside bullshit into here.

I'll bring it here if I want. Who made you lord of this thread? Y'all bring beef into this thread from outside of it all the fucking time. But now it's a no go? Because you ain't about shit. And you've never been about shit.

Johndoey

Banned

And this is the reply?

I'm sorry, but this:

it's not defensible.

You absolutely have a right to be upset, but coming in pissed and then​ making a bullshit statement about the thoughts and views of everyone in the thread was never going to go well.

And this is the reply?

I'm sorry, but this:

it's not defensible.

You should be mad. I sad it to make you mad.

I read your manifesto too, got some laughs.

Izuna

Banned
Someone is asking for love and all I are reasons to not give it. I don't know, but BCT is tripping.

Cindi, at least, C.M. admits it's offensive. Perhaps nothing more will come of this but it can only become more tense.

I can't offer anything other than to suggest, as unfair as it is, to not bring this up atm. You know how proud people can be.

LionPride

Banned
I'll bring it here if I want. Who made you lord of this thread? Y'all bring beef into this thread from outside of it all the fucking time. But now it's a no go? Because you ain't about shit. And you've never been about shit.

Aight, I'm done.

I'm done trying to be nice.

Nigga who are you? You have a problem with CM right? NIGGA TAKE IT UP WITH HIM.BITCH TAKE IT UP WITH THAT NIGGA AND THAT'S IT BUT YOU BAMA IN YA FEELINGS ASS SOFT AS BABY SHIT ASS WANNA COME FOR THE THREAD FOR NOT GIVING A FUCK ABOUT YOU!

We kinda stopped with that bringing outside shit into here thing a while back if you paid any attention. Notice how literally no one thinks you are in the right? And it ain't because you came in here really, it's because of how you came in here, and what you said to people not named CM. Calm your fucking ass down and stop acting like a slighted fuck

cdyhybrid

Someone is asking for love and all I are reasons to not give it. I don't know, but BCT is tripping.

Cindi, at least, C.M. admits it's offensive. Perhaps nothing more will come of this but it can only become more tense.

I can't offer anything other than to suggest, as unfair as it is, to not bring this up atm. You know how proud people can be.

If you want support from people it's probably a bad idea to shit on them while asking for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom