• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

full

zeemumu

IT is such a fucked up book, i wonder how far they will adapt it

I'd prefer that they leave the more "what the fuck were you thinking" scenes out of the adaptation. Wonder if they'll tie it into Dark Tower at all. Is this the beginning of the Stephen King Cinematic Universe?

Gonna have to watch that one 'cause of my brother. He's obsessed with those films.

I just got done listening to the How Did This Get Made of Furious 7. I was smiling so hard that it physically hurt my face.

Slayven

I'd prefer that they leave the more "what the fuck were you thinking" scenes out of the adaptation. Wonder if they'll tie it into Dark Tower at all. Is this the beginning of the Stephen King Cinematic Universe?

Stephen King did say he was high on cocaine when he wrote most of his memorable books, nigga must had a bucket full of powder when he wrote IT.

zeemumu

I remember Stanley Kubrick keeping a few of the fucked up parts of The Shining in his film adaptation despite them not making any sense because he didn't give context. Like that part with the guy in a dog costume blowing that dude.

I got an entire bookcase dedicated to the man, not all greats but it never stopped me. I would say he got me into horror but it was definitely H.P. Lovecraft that started it.

R.L. Stine actually got me into reading horror :p

I was like 7,after all.

You know that feeling when you get a good genji to protect you as a mercy while that genji wins games for your team? That happened to me. Just won like five games with that genji and it was awesome.

I remember Stanley Kubrick keeping a few of the fucked up parts of The Shining in his film adaptation despite them not making any sense because he didn't give context. Like that part with the guy in a dog costume blowing that dude.

R.L. Stine actually got me into reading horror :p

I was like 7,after all.

Goosebumps was the shit though, I've passed all my books down, should of kept them. When schools had book fairs that's the first thing I'd try to find, some R.L.

Zekes!

You should.

Salem's Lot is fantastic. 3/4 of the Dark Tower series is great. Tons of amazing short stories. Sun Dog is a personal favorite of mine.

I got an entire bookcase dedicated to the man, not all greats but it never stopped me. I would say he got me into horror but it was definitely H.P. Lovecraft that started it.

I'm hoping to do a bunch of reading over the summer, so I'll try to fit in a novel or two by him. I have a pile of books I've bought that I wanted to read, but university saps me of any will to read

Sch1sm

So for you the FF films are about family?

Considering I'm not nearly as into the franchise as my brother, yeah. I'd say so. Should they be about something else? 'cause they're kinda bad and I still can't get over Iggy's appearance in the last one.

zeemumu

People don't understand the sheer volume of material King has produced, it's insane. And most of it is at least decent.

Well over 50 novels among other things. Dude even wrote Creepshow (that movie with the roach GIF that you all hate)

Barnes and Noble sells these extremely stylized versions of classic literature and I've been considering picking one up.

e433349c4b9d80c636b38786777434b41716b42.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom