• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

Did they say why? Did it make them sick? Did they not like the games? Was it too expensive for the content that was out?

Too expensive for the content that was out was the largest complaint, since they returned/sold it pretty early into it's life. I have a handful of friends who are really into VR, but iirc they've got Vive/Oculus and are thriving on Steam's library of available of VR games. Price difference is crazy, though.

Let me know if you find any!

giphy.gif

How did/do you like it?
Anything coming out in the future you're interested in?

To be honest, I've turned it into a family sub system. The kids love it when they come over so it's the only reason I haven't gotten rid of it. Other than that there hasn't been any game thats drawn me to it to play it alone. I tried RE7, which is why I initially got it, and the graphics were too jagged and lacking for me to continue using it.

To me all the titles aside from AAA that may use VR modes, are arcade titles that don't make it worth a 399 ( + $140 for Camera and 2 move controllers) base purchase on top of $20+$60 game purchases. Ultimately, it collects dust on my shelf as a novelty, but I wouldn't recommend anyone here drop that much paper on it unless they got it like that. 💸

Too expensive for the content that was out was the largest complaint, since they returned/sold it pretty early into it's life. I have a handful of friends who are really into VR, but iirc they've got Vive/Oculus and are thriving on Steam's library of available of VR games. Price difference is crazy, though.

Pretty much this, Steam/PC has the upper hand on VR and where it can go in the future.

Numb

I haven't had the chance to play her in real combat yet because people keep picking her right off the bat regardless of whether or not she's useful in the current setup.
People ignore her in capture the flag
Her and Pharaoh team up in there is awesome

zeemumu

People ignore her in capture the flag
Her and Pharaoh team up in there is awesome

I main Tracer so I'm fairly broken in Capture the flag and somehow am a hard counter for Reinhardt.

But since the patch I can't quite counter Bastion anymore. Dude somehow tanked my Pulse bomb last match.

To be honest, I've turned it into a family sub system. The kids love it when they come over so it's the only reason I haven't gotten rid of it. Other than that there hasn't been any game thats drawn me to it to play it alone. I tried RE7, which is why I initially got it, and the graphics were too jagged and lacking for me to continue using it.

To me all the titles aside from AAA that may use VR modes, are arcade titles that don't make it worth a 399 ( + $140 for Camera and 2 move controllers) base purchase on top of $20+$60 game purchases. Ultimately, it collects dust on my shelf as a novelty, but I wouldn't recommend anyone here drop that much paper on it unless they got it like that. 💸

Pretty much this, Steam/PC has the upper hand on VR and where it can go in the future.

Sounds about right from what I've been reading but wanted to hear an opinion from someone whose actually owned it. (Or close to someone who has)

Still have a desire to try it out though. Might drop $20 since the my by me has a store dedicated to letting you try VR set ups..

But yeah I don't really want to mess with a public VR setup. I'll just continue to wait.

Numb

I main Tracer so I'm fairly broken in Capture the flag and somehow am a hard counter for Reinhardt.

But since the patch I can't quite counter Bastion anymore. Dude somehow tanked my Pulse bomb last match.
Lol people mad when you bring home a flag with slow ass Orisa
Let me just flex and shield while you shoot me and slowly walk there

3 flag captures in a row

H2TzwGL.gif

zeemumu

How the fuck is Persona Pokemon. I played 10 hrs of 3 and that shit is nothing like Pokemon.

You capture demons or whatever and use them to fight other demons while at the same time socializing with characters and forming bonds that add to your strength. It's just monsters and friendship taken to the extreme.

Bruh, she was great in Ex Machina. And looking her up some more, she has a lot going for her. And she's dating Better Brad Pitt already. She about to blow up.

Oh, was just making biddy jokes..I know folks around these parts need their female characters to accentuate the lady bits. Was just assuming that was the deal in the thread.

andthebeatgoeson

This tree jism will be the death of me. Going to rupture an aneurysm with this coughing.
Edit

Oh, i know. Just keeping it female friendly. I saw a pic and
leon.png
she's got a lot going for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom