• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai101

Banned
tumblr_mhvxo8xudS1qedb29o1_500.gif

Movie made me think that King knows that some of his work is campy as hell and embraces it since he had total control of this one.

Yup. There's no other way that movie has worked if it weren't cheese and ham.

Kreed

I see Storm Chamber got clapped again. I'm assuming it's over the Lego thread and not telling LionPride to drink some milk.

Shy

Mornin' ladies and brehs
Afternoon BCT
Good afternoon black people, crabs, people who eat crabmeats, John Boyega, and....
Evening all.
Anybody ready for that Grown Ass Pokemon next week
What are you.........
OhhhHHHHHHhhhhh.

Persona ain't no Pokemans. LOL.

Yeah, set aside money for the Take Your Heart edition.
Well, providing that Amazon UK doesn't fucking cancel my order.

OR OR. They don't fucking send it to me without the shipping box, and just slap a label on the LE box itself. Like they did with my The Last Guardian.
When Izuna and Shy wake up tomorrow, they will no longer be part of Europe
Don't remind me. ��
Shy can control his on reference in time? Is he Zoom?
Some might say i'm the reverse.
I remember Stanley Kubrick keeping a few of the fucked up parts of The Shining in his film adaptation despite them not making any sense because he didn't give context. Like that part with the guy in a dog costume blowing that dude.
There was more context to it than it being a new years party. ?
Is Iron Man in that?
That made me luagh.

Zekes!

Man, I have the Take Your Heart edition of Persona 5 pre-ordered, it's gonna be a hefty hit to my funds right now. Probably the last limited / special edition I purchase. I realized with the Zelda SE that I didn't need all that extra shit anymore.

That said, considering games are like $80 CAD right now, $110 for all the shit you get is a pretty decent deal.
I still don't have a new game to play.

What consoles do you have?

The only backfire I see is how many responses such a thread would garner.

Yeah I imagine it not being used much, but maybe if it were an official thread it'd encourage responses?

I feel like that question is asked all around the internet and its either met with disdain, because its asked in a space for fans, or with generic "this is the best part" responses (or just ignored)

Shy

Man, I have the Take Your Heart edition of Persona 5 pre-ordered, it's gonna be a hefty hit to my funds right now. Probably the last limited / special edition I purchase. I realized with the Zelda SE that I didn't need all that extra shit anymore.
Same. It killed my money.

And will probably be my last CE.

Honestly might still cancel it. Don't know.

Zekes!

Same. It killed my money.

And will probably be my last CE.

Honestly might still cancel it. Don't know.

At least the bag is functional. I can see myself using that when I need a random bag to carry shit. Better than a statue (even though it comes with that plush)

Aiustis

If you got a PS4, or 3. Get Persona 5.

I don't have a PS4 and I don't like Persona

That said, considering games are like $80 CAD right now, $110 for all the shit you get is a pretty decent deal.

What consoles do you have?

Just PC (and a 3DS but I literally have every game I want for that)

Izuna

Banned
Just finished that Dave Chappelle special (both parts) --

first of all, holy fuck am I late to study for tomorrow's test

second of all, ehhhh, I laughed out loud throughout but it wasn't really... it was kinda... behind for its time?

Izuna

Banned
Guys I do want to say, and this may mean nothing, but these next three exams tomorrow are everything for me to get back on my feet.

:) hoping it all goes well

edit: gunna request a temp ban actually, if any mods read this, please ban me for 48 hours

zeemumu

Guys I do want to say, and this may mean nothing, but these next three exams tomorrow are everything for me to get back on my feet.

Good luck, man.

It's time for me to learn about cars, so I'm gonna open GAF's automotive discussion thread and queue up Top Gear.

IT is such a fucked up book, i wonder how far they will adapt it

Apparently Cary Fukunaga's script kept the sewer scene but rewrote it to be kissing, so pretty far, I imagine. I really don't think it'll go that far after the rewrites, though. I hope.

I've never read a Stephen King book.

Salem's Lot is one of the greatest horror novels and novels I've ever read. The town is set up down to every single resident and their lives, then the vampires gradually infect it like an epidemic, starting with the children. One of the scariest passages of the book is one of the most vague, where a kid sneaks into the vampire's house and looks inside an ancient book that features grotesque illustrations of rituals and evil vampiric gods, with the implication being that this stuff exists.

I remember Stanley Kubrick keeping a few of the fucked up parts of The Shining in his film adaptation despite them not making any sense because he didn't give context. Like that part with the guy in a dog costume blowing that dude.

It's a bear costume in the movie and a dog costume in the book, and bears are a significant part of Kubrick's imagery in the movie. Danny Torrance has stuffed bears and pictures of bears sitting over his bed as if watching him, there is a bear rug in the room where Jack writes that isn't there when Jack isn't, there is a black bear in the foyer sitting where Holloran gets axed along with another bear laying around the pillar where Jack hides with an axe ready to kill him that are both gone when Holloran actually gets killed, and so on. It doesn't mean much more than a way to create subconscious connections between scenes and characters, I think, but who knows.

Theories about this all revolve around the bears having thematic significance around Danny, since all the horror scenes that have these connections feature the same music, and the bear fellatio scene has the same shot composition as a scene where Danny is alone speaking to his spirit guide Tony.

Wendy walking in on the ghosts performing sexual acts, along with the bear imagery, may be alluding to a time when she caught Jack abusing Danny, but it's really all speculation.

It could mean nothing at all, but I tend to think there are connections at least in the story of the movie with no greater meaning than to the characters themselves.

zeemumu

It's a bear costume in the movie and a dog costume in the book, and bears are a significant part of Kubrick's imagery in the movie. Danny Torrance has stuffed bears and pictures of bears sitting over his bed as if watching him, there is a bear rug in the room where Jack writes that isn't there when Jack isn't, there is a black bear in the foyer sitting where Holloran gets axed along with another bear laying around the pillar where Jack hides with an axe ready to kill him that are both gone when Holloran actually gets killed, and so on. It doesn't mean much more than a way to create subconscious connections between scenes and characters, I think, but who knows.

Theories about this all revolve around the bears having thematic significance around Danny, since all the horror scenes that have these connections feature the same music, and the bear fellatio scene has the same shot composition as a scene where Danny is alone speaking to his spirit guide Tony.

Wendy walking in on the ghosts performing sexual acts, along with the bear imagery, may be alluding to a time when she caught Jack abusing Danny, but it's really all speculation.

It could mean nothing at all, but I tend to think there are connections at least in the story of the movie with no greater meaning than to the characters themselves.

I assumed it was Roger being a weird pet to Henry like in the book.

Mizerman

edit: gunna request a temp ban actually, if any mods read this, please ban me for 48 hours

Good luck to ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom